Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Light Bleeding For Two Weeks, Normal?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I just started birth control, and I started taking the active pills when I started my period like the instructions said to. I've been on my period even since, and its been two weeks. It's very light bleeding but heavier than spotting. Is this normal or should I call my doctor?

Edit: I searched the forum and found my answer. :p
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
second period on Yaz.
i have that same problem! what should i do?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
You have options:
1.) Switch pills. Sometimes, certain amounts of hormones effect your body in different ways. The pill you are currently on could be causing you to have abnormal bleeding, and you might need a higher or lower dose of hormones.
2.) Wait it out. Many women, especially when they are just starting the pill, experience irregular bleeding for a while that eventually subsides. It's hard to tell when this might happen.
3.) Stop taking the pills. Some women's bodies just can't handle hormonal birth control, or sometimes it's just the pills. Maybe another form of hormonal contraception is needed, or maybe it is not a good option.
|