Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Down On Leave, Up With Trouble

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all. First-time poster. I came home on leave for about a month. Apparently my girlfriend had been missing me so much, that she decided that she was "ready."

we engaged in intercourse numerous times over the span of a month, every time with a condom, and I climaxed inside her once, but pulled out the other times.

She is not on any form of birth control, and she started exhibiting signs of early pregnancy...Constant vomiting, nausea, the flu, fatigue, etc...Although she did tell me that a bunch of the girls at work were also sick with the same symptoms she had.

We don't want a baby just yet, and it has us both worried. This could jeopardize our relationship, because I am not financially stable enough to support a family just yet, and her parents would probably disown her if she were pregnant(a little exaggerated, but they aren't very compassionate).

Today we got a pregnancy test together, and are praying that it comes out negative. I think i've sworn abstinence from now on, at least until we can have sex without the worry of a surprise pregnancy.

I know I haven't asked much of any question, but it feels good to talk to someone, although she and I have talked the subject to death. Please provide any feedback. I have to go, duty calls. God bless the usa!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Just to let you know...No worries! Stress can cause her to be late with her period as well as expierence symptoms such as fatigue, nausea. There is always a possibility of pregnancy even with a condom as they are not 100% safe. How long has it been since this happened? However, even though you say you are not "financially" ready to have children, somehow, you will always find a way to provide for your family. I promise, all will be okay!

Shelley
due 06/21/2005-colby carver alvis
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
A pull out method is not safe, their is such a thing called pre-cum.
The best to you both!
Sandy
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You used condoms everytime which is good.....Has she missed a period yet?? Take the test and see what it says
|

replied April 14th, 2005
No she is in on her period now, probably finishing now. We will take the test soon, hopefully my fears are unjustified. It feels so bad to say that I don't want to have a child though, it kills me to tell her that. Feel like an !**@! :(
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
If she got her period then she's not pregnant....Why are you worried?
|

replied April 15th, 2005
Experienced User
If she has had her period than she is not pregnant. For future reference, I would have her get on birth control, preferably the shot. Ask to go with her, going to the doctor can be kinda scary and when me and my baby's father were still together it wasnt as scary when he went with me. Hold her hand when the doctor does the exam and sit by her head so you cant see anything. Not that you havent seen that before, but it made me a little uneasy thinking about having the man I love looking at me spread eagle in a well lit room. Lol
|