Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Life Expectancy After Triple Bypass? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
Hello...

I really need some help! My husband had a triple bypass on his heart 1 and 1/2 years ago when he was 51. He will be 53 this may. He had suffered severe angina attacks before the surgery was done. He also has diabetes type 2 and takes a pill every day for that. My problem is that he is scaring me to death. Although he has recovered and is back to work, he is constantly telling me that he does not have much time left, that he could die any time soon, etc. He has a very bad outlook about his future. It is like he has just accepted this whole thing as a death sentence and is just waiting to die. I live in fear of this happening, and it is giving me severe anxiety attacks at night, I cannot even sleep anymore. I have tried searching the web for facts on life expectancy after a triple bypass on someone his age, but I cannot find anything. If anyone out there can help with some facts, I would appreciate it greatly! Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Berniesmom8
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Same Boat As Your Hubby
Hello deb --
on 3-4-05 I had a triple bypass, also dx with chf -- lucky me -- also hypothyroid. I turned 54 in the hospital on 3-10-05. I am female, btw.

Just thot I would type in triple bypass life expectancy and one of the items it pulled up was your question -- yeah, i'm wondering just how long these new arteries will do their job. My ef is only 10% even after surgery.

Of course you already know, there is such a depression that goes with this. I should think tho that your husband is not appreciating the love around him. I have no one, no one cares whether I make it or not.

Made me sorta depressed too to realize that some of the thots I was having are some of the same thots hubby is having. Yep, it feels like a life sentence -- and he has already done pretty good for over a year?Funny, I was wondering if I would live another year.

Sorry I got no answers, I just feel your pain -- niki
|

replied January 13th, 2013
I Promise Niki, you are not without someone who cares. God cares and keeps his Angels around to help the folks who need them... at the least you must be an Angel..

BTW I don't know you but i love you.
Your Christian friend..
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Life Expectancy After Triple Bypass
Hi nikki,
thanks for writing :-) I can feel the pain you are in even through your email. It made me very sad to hear you say that you had no support, and that you have no one who cares whether you live or die. I cannot believe that is true, hon...You must have people around you who care very much, don't you? Maybe this is part of the depression. My husband has said more than once that I don't care enough....And similar things...But I have begun to realize that this is part of the depression that the surgery has left him with. Don't get me wrong, he is not so depressed at to lay in bed all day...He goes to work and does what he has to do. But his happy old self is gone, and we have no sex life anymore. He has changed dramatically. I know he is worried very much about his health and about how long he may have to live, and there is nothing I can do to change that. That is why I thought maybe if someone out there had a happy story to tell or some medicals facts that would make him feel better about a future, it might lift his depression. Nikki, please don't feel down. You are going thru a very traumatic time right now and you are depressed because of the stress and anxiety you have been physically and mentally put through. You have to try very hard to have a positive out look for yourself, and think positively! And if you truly have no one around you who really cares about you, then make that person you. Love yourself! Pamper yourself, treat yourself to wonderful things to make you happy...And just be happy with who you are. If you love yourself, then others cannot help but love you too! I wish you all the best, sweetie. I hope you have a quick recovery and heal not only physically but mentally as well. Any time you want to chat, drop me a note. I care.
Debbie
|

replied November 7th, 2011
I had by-pass surgery and I too underwent similar experience of depression and constant fear. But when I listened to some spiritual preachers, I realized that fear is caused by devil and Faith in God could defeat such fears. We need to fight the evil with total Faith in Jesus who has put us in this world. Once you begin to develop a renewed relationship with Jesus, there is peace and joy. We always rely upon earthly solutions and finally we fail. Let us look for suprnatural interventions in the midst of our doubts and fear. Heart attacks and surgeries are all for fulffilling God's purposes. He keeps something more for us. Once we realize this we will defeat all negatives and heal ourselves and live for 100 years. BELEIVE WITHOUT SEEING.
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
Remain Positive always!!!!! Quad bypass.
Hi Debbie,

I am age 77. I had a quad bypass at age 65 at Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa. I have type 2 diabetes. I have had 27 major surgeries for oral cancer since 1981. Those wonderful medical people who have worked to keep me alive, well and kicking hang out at the Mayo Clinics at Rochester, Minn and Phoenix, Arizona. I am a very positive person. I read two books constantly.....The Bible and Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking". I credit both books with providing me with leadership to continue on in life with a very positive outlook. My wife of 52 years passed away from Asthma in July of 2007. I am a veteran of Korea and have been diagnosed with PTSD as a result of combat experiences. All this being said, I have an extremely positive outlook and fully intend to live a pleasant, fruitful life to be 90s/100 yrs of age. My motto is "Never give up....ever!!!!" My family of 4 children, 10 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren are very supportive but do not crowd me at all. My advice to anyone who has medical problems or personal problems of any kind is to remain very positive and relate positivly to those around you even should they be negative at times. Remember you are unique as a person and have a lot to offer the world. Others need you and look to you as you overcome your difficulties with courage and wisdom!
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2011
April 2006 I had a Triple By-Pass at Kaiser Medical Center in Hollowood Ca It has been 5 years now..and no issue with my Heart..I'm also 100% Disabled with Agent Orange..from serving two tours in Vietnam..and Insulin dependent because of Diabetic Condition: I'm more concerned about Agent Orange than my Heart By-Pass...I served as a Jet Mechanic in Nam..but because of the need for (Air Med-Avic)..I served my two tours loading barley injured soldiers...I try and make each day count...and let the Man up-stairs decide when he wants me to stay with him...I keep busy with my Hobby making wood crafts for the Men and Woman at Loma Linda VA Hospital..I never smoke, at all..maybe a few beers in Nam..but that is it..So Please tell your Love One...Be Thankful he has some one who is there for him...We all are on borrow time..Old Jerry
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
I just went trough a five way bypass (31 days now)and I too am Agent Orange 80% disabled. I hear there is 100% disability from VA for the 90 day recovery period. I too have type 2, but I have no depression, maybe it's because of the PTSD that I already have dealt with. I feel brand new compared to the tiredness and chest pain that I had before. I can walk now and I plan on getting back to my passion for jogging that I had before. I hear that neoropothy, Alzheimer, memory lose is sometimes part of going thorough the heart surgery, but I have none of these. I have a friend that has crying spells, but I guess I'm lucky to not have any of those things. You will be in my prayer, everyone that goes through this painful procedure.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
Heart bypass life expectancy
Debbie, I just saw your post on the web and I was wondering how things were going. I had a quintuple bypass when I was 45 as an emergency when I had a cardiac arrest during a cardiac cath test. This was in April of 1997 and I am still OK. Have not had any angina and my heart is functioning well. I have had a few issues with blood pressure and irregular heartbeat but am overall good. I too felt in those early years that I had a death sentence but as the years went on I felt better. It is still on my mind, especially now as it has been 15 years, but I still am positive that I have a number of years left. Hope things are ok with you.

Debby
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Ahh deb -- thanks for the support while u need support -- that's the way it is tho, huh?

Well, I really don"t have anyone -- tho I was just happy to breathe in some sweet spring air today -- lord knows i'm just weepy for a reason and no good reason too -- heh.

Honestly, I not real surprised to hear he not want to engage in sex -- tho they gave me some nitro pills to take if I think I ever gonna have sex again. Seems scary to me.

If you hear of a happy story, please post it -- I need some happy myself. Cuz, to tell ya the truth, as a woman with all these lovely new scars, I don't feel attractive at all.

Hubby diabetic too -- you do know that he feels all the sweetness has gone out of his life? I feel his sorrow --

i will tell ya this tho -- this disease I think makes one a gaping hole of need and I am wondering if any amount of love can cure. I think back to all the times a "piece of my heart" just died at all the tragedy I have seen in this life so far.

Interesting that while I am thinking morbid thots that I run into you -- nice to meet ya deb take care, niki
|

replied August 31st, 2011
well girls I had quardruble bypass at the age of 67, 69 now & have no plans on dying...I still play golf, walk 2 to 4 miles a day, do most anything I want to do that is what my gout will let me do....I have more trouble with the gout than I did with the bypass....I did spend 18 days in the hospital cause I had appendicitis and a gall bladder attack while I was in there, I never had a thought on dying....I do wonder how long the bypass will last & can it be done again or is it a one time deal? cheer up girls, you are living now, make the most of it....do what you want to do. Nobody lives forever! not many people want to, just m, I suspose...lol
|

replied August 31st, 2011
oh by the way I had 3 vessel angioplasty when I was 41 and again when I was 44 & it lasted untill I had the 4 way bypass at 67.....69 now & looking forward to the next 30 years....if you let this get you down, well just don't do it, cheer up, that's all you got! other people may make you happy but they can't do this for you, if they could you might live forever......leave most of the carbs off and eat protiens & a little fat...carbs will put you in your grave earlier than you want too.....
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
Had five way on April 24, 2012. The directions say two weeks for sex, but I could not talk my wife into it until yesterday and it was good. My chest was a bit painful afterwards, but worth it. My blood pressure and, blood sugar are down. I feel that I can breathe now and I am walking two miles a day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon. My wife can't keep up with me walking now. I just started taking a full stride, but the first time I tried it I ran out of juice about half a block from the house so the DR. said to slow down. Hope it lasts, I feel like it has made a big difference in my life for the good. I was starting to feel like my life was over, I started feeling tired and such at 55. I am now 63 and I feel like there's some life left yet. I will keep everyone in my prayers and hope that you start feeling better; those of you that are not feeling that way now.
|

replied August 20th, 2013
BDominguez,

I enjoyed reading your post, seems like you have a handle on everything. I had a triple bypass in March of 2013 and it is now the middle of August 2013. Still unable to take long walks, shortness of breath and weak needed. I am on oxygen in the evening for sleep times only. I also have been diagnosed with COPD ( reason for the oxygen ) also have sleep apnea. Question, how long befor the shortness of breath go away , I do exercise daily. Thanks again for your post.

sturner
|

replied June 26th, 2005
If you hear of a happy story, please post it -- I need some happy myself. Cuz, to tell ya the truth, as a woman with all these lovely new scars, I don't feel attractive at all.

Hello ladies, I can relate to both of your stories. Hd :oops: !~!

I was dx in 8/2004 after 4 years of severe angina pains. Being a female, I was not believed. Had stents and felt really good until the doc thought I should have another cath in 2004. The cath doc and his fellow messed me up and caused a damaged artery of some sort that they kept quiet about and sent me home without taking cardiac enzymes. (they did not want to know) I suffered terribly the next 2 days and went to the er room and there they told me that my heart enzymes were elevated and 'something" happend to be in the cath room. I have felt lousy ever since. I am fatiqued with worry and fatigued with the meds I have to take. Depression is very normal after a major health event. I am also livid and angry at the way things were covered up with me during the last cath.

But, this is not helping me physically nor emotionally. I just had another "heart event" last month and was told it is from where they messed me up during the last cath. More events may be coming. )-: and I am on more meds to keep this from happening.

But, I have a beautiful 5 year old that we adopted as a 2 month old and she is the love of my life. She is my life! I have to get on and live for her.

No one is ever prepared to die. I do not want to think of death. The word death is not in my vocabulary.

I am on a low dose anti-depressant now but still quite fatigued. This is very normal but I feel in the days, months and a few years, I hope to feel 75% better.

I had a friend who just recovered from breast cancer. Thank god.

She said to me though, "i am sorry you have hd. I would not trade my bc for your hd as bc can be cured and I see the *&%^%& you are going through". I never thought about bc this way. Yes, bc can be cured if found in time and really if hd is addressed in time,,,,many condtions can be treated adequately. Hd is the no. One killer of women...Far surpassing bc now. Why? Because hd is still considered a man's disease and the male :shock: are having a hard time in recognizing the gander from the goose. :roll:

debbie, when my hubby was dx with an aortic aneysm, he was mentally down for 6 months or so. He is still facing surgery but we talk positive now and wipe all the fears off our faces. Nikki, I have a girlfreind who had a triple by-pass 9 years ago. She went on to nursing school and now has her masters in nursing. She is doing great.

There are success stories but the key to everyone's success is good and honest and caring doctors. There really are some out there. You have to dig for them...But you can find them to help you emotionally too.

And, the man above....I have turned to him for support and by golly he is coming through for me and he will for others too.

God love us all.
|

replied June 26th, 2005
My mother had a triple bypass just before she turned 40. She had to have angioplasty at 41, and takes a handful of pills a day to this day.
For the year before her bypass, she was in and out of the hospital. She never had a heart attack, but had severe angina. Her mother died at 47 of heart attack, it was terrifying. I couldn't even talk to her during that time without crying. I thought for sure she was going to die and not ever see me get married or have kids (i have one now, another on the way). When she came out of surgery and back home, I couldn't believe what they had done to her. She was cut up everywhere and had huge wires holding her chest together...
But all in all, she made her peace. Just before her surgery I called her and was all weepy of course, she told me "no matter what happens, I want you to know that I love you and I know you love me, everything will be fine." she called a local pastor to come see her, and he was amazed that she had peace.
She had her first surgery five years ago now, and she's doing well. She has been on a disability, but is looking at going back to work. She babysits my son (an active toddler) five days a week and manages to keep up with him. She says that she expects to outlive us all. ;)
have you considered asking your doctor about options for depression? Not neccesarily medication, but therapy, maybe a support group?
I'm sure that it helps to be with people who really understand what it's like to deal with this. It's a major life-changing event, and it's scary for everyone involved. But if you can move past depression, life does go on, and sometimes getting past that and just realizing that you've got a second chance, may help to live life fuller. My grandmother never got that second chance, there wasn't the technology then. If my mothers problems had come up forty years ago, she never would have survived. Sometimes it's just a change in perspective that helps.
I am amazed by my mother. She also suffers depression from time to time, and has to take anti-depressants...But she's taken a rough hand that life dealt her and managed to keep her head up most of the time.
Depression is a serious thing, and these kinds are definitely rooted in the physical. It can be fears about mortality, the realization that our bodies are beginning to fail. With major surgery it can be similar to the loss of a limb I think, feeling invaded and so on. It can be simply a side effect of feeling so bad physically. But it can be helped, depression is a serious thing on its own and should be taken care of.
Wish you all the best and hope that you find ways to help yourselves (or your husband).
Just thought I would share my "happy" story, maybe it will help.
|

replied June 26th, 2005
Hi everyone,
i hope my heart problem is cause by depressed. Some times I feel very very sick, I really want to give up. My hubby said, "if you die now is still lucky than many other people who die before you." no one will think I can live pass my 20 yrs old birthday. He said "now you pass another 20 yrs, what you expect?" "you should appreciate you've 2 daughters as well." for me to think, it doesn't matter you've a husband or not. He drives me mad and crazy. As soon as you've a supporter and you live in the life what you want. All life when born then already have a conclusion to die. Just don't know how and when that's it.
Here i've a funny story to tell. I ask my little one 16 yrs old. What is atrial fibrilation? Mum isn't good in english. She asked me what the dr said. He said heart go bezzzzzzz!!! She oh! When we open the cap of a bottle of coke, it goes bezzzzzzzzz! Too much gas in your heart. I wish she is right!!!
I do want to help and care for you all. I wish to hand out my love to you all as much as I can. Anytime, when you down, please feel free to think about your supporters are just a "click" that close to you. Take care. Pika.
|

replied June 28th, 2005
By-pass Surgery And Nikki
Nikki, we are here for you all of us that read these subjects. By=pass usually last a long time. Brother in law had four done and 11 years later 3 more and lived 10 years after that. Nephew had four done 10 years ago at age forty and is doing well. Please hang in there all will get better.
|

replied January 11th, 2007
Re: Life Expectancy After Triple Bypass?
Debbie,

i have just come across this web site and your query regarding life expectancy after bypass. I am 46 years of age and had a double bypass 5 years ago. I gave up smoking and am living a very full life. I have even returned to university and will complete a degree this year in fine art.

My father is 74 in 2007 and has had bypass surgery twice. The first time was 20 years ago, when he was 54 and the second time 18 months ago. So life expectancy can be normal for us all.

I hope your husband has adjusted to his new life and that his outlook is brighter.

Regards,

philip lee
avoca, ireland

debbiecriv wrote:
hello...

I really need some help! My husband had a triple bypass on his heart 1 and 1/2 years ago when he was 51. He will be 53 this may. He had suffered severe angina attacks before the surgery was done. He also has diabetes type 2 and takes a pill every day for that. My problem is that he is scaring me to death. Although he has recovered and is back to work, he is constantly telling me that he does not have much time left, that he could die any time soon, etc. He has a very bad outlook about his future. It is like he has just accepted this whole thing as a death sentence and is just waiting to die. I live in fear of this happening, and it is giving me severe anxiety attacks at night, I cannot even sleep anymore. I have tried searching the web for facts on life expectancy after a triple bypass on someone his age, but I cannot find anything. If anyone out there can help with some facts, I would appreciate it greatly! Thank you!
:d
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Quadruple Bypass
I had my first heart attack 13 months ago. My wife and I seperated at the same time. The divorce was final in February. The children, I never hear from anymore. I pay child support. I loved them all. I tried to help an older daughter. She is gone away now, due to an abusive husband.
I had quatruple bypass surgery 4 months ago. I was up beat, and making plans. Now I feel that I should have died from one of the first two heart attacks I had 13 months ago. I have no one anymore. I am 53. I am told that I only have 8-10 ten years left. My employer is no longer satisfied with my work. The stress has got me smoking again. The doctor double the dose of antidepressent. I feel that the last year of my life was a waste and to live any longer a waste as well.
|

replied November 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Helo
I Think They Give You Eight Years To Live But PEOPLE LIVE VEERY LONG AFTER
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2007
Experienced User
Debbiecriv
I wish I had someone like you right now. See my privious posting. Don't let him get away with it. Depression has it's own little reward. Go somewhere. Do things together. He needs to know rewards from being positive. As long as he feels that the only reward in life are from depression, that is all he is going to have. Tell him B''ll S''T with a big smile on your face, and go do something.
I am not a professional. But read my previous posting. It's what I feel I need now. I have no one like you. Be there for him and get him well.
|

replied June 26th, 2008
post cabg life expectancy
yes

Hi, cheer up! If your husband does what the doctor says, he can live a long life.

Here's some data for ya:

Success rate of coronary artery bypass graft surgery
About 90% of patients experience significant improvements after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Patients experience full relief from chest pain and resume their normal activities in about 70% of the cases; the remaining 20% experience partial relief. In 5–10% of coronary artery bypass graft surgeries, the bypass graft stops supplying blood to the bypassed artery within one year. Younger people who are healthy except for the heart disease do well with bypass surgery. Patients who have poorer results from coronary artery bypass graft surgery include those over the age of 70, those who have poor left ventricular function, or are undergoing a repeat surgery or other procedures concurrently, and those who continue smoking, do not treat high cholesterol or other coronary risk factors, or have another debilitating disease.

Long term, symptoms recur in only about 3–4% of patients per year. Five years after coronary artery bypass graft surgery, survival expectancy is 90%, at 10 years it is about 80%, at 15 years it is about 55%, and at 20 years it is about 40%.

Angina recurs in about 40% of patients after about 10 years. In most cases, it is less severe than before the surgery and can be controlled by drug therapy. In patients who have had vein grafts, 40% of the grafts are severely obstructed 10 years after the procedure. Repeat coronary artery bypass graft surgery may be necessary, and is usually less successful than the first surgery.

Okay, so as you can see from the above information, recurrance is possible, because bypass surgery doesnt' cure the disease. It fixes the diseased 'parts', but the disease itself is still active, and so it can recur. Your husband's best bet is to obey the doctor's post op advice: usually it's eat healthier, exercise appropriate to your condition, lose weight if needed, limit alcohol to one/day, quit smoking and drugging if that shoe fits, manage stress (regarding stress, I like to ask myself, 'is this a big problem or a little problem? and most problems are little'), and TAKE YOUR MEDICATIONS. Also, treat depression. I WILL USE ALL CAPS TO STRESS THAT THESE THINGS ARE NOT OPTIONAL. THEY WILL DRASTICALLY PROLONG YOUR HUSBAND'S LIFE. If he is willing to do these things, he can live for a long time to come. I know you're both scared, but try and think positive. We all die, it's just a matter of how and when. So live for today, and take care of your health as listed above to better your chances of being here tomorrow and next year, next decade. That's all either of you can do. I know it's a drag. My husband is 8 years post op bypass surgery and he's in bad shape. Why? He never quit smoking, eats bad, sits around, has no stress management skills, and never took his meds. I think it's cost him some years. Not days, not months, years. I know he would be a lot better if he chose to take care of himself. Read the stats above. So the bottom line is there's no magic bullet, and you both need to learn to live with acceptance of this disease and then manage it smartly, wisely, and with daily diligence. You and your husband's longevity and quality of life will be worth it!

Best wishes!
|

replied August 25th, 2008
Triple Bypass following Fem-pop
My Dad JUST had a triple bypass following his Fem-Pop (vascular bypass on his left leg)... I queried healing time and came across this and I'm quite glad I did.

Its nice to see and learn of others that have since moved on and are improving with each day.
|

replied September 9th, 2008
Life Expectancy After Triple Bypass
Hi Nicks Nik,
I am a dad, in fact a grandad 62 years old. I had 3 heart attacks in one afternoon and had to wait 6 months for my surgery, Eventually had a triple byepass. that was 17 years ago. I still play 5 aside soccer, all be it in goal and not that fantastic. No sign of angina pains. Never thought of asking how long I had , thought that was up to me. The only advice I can give is stay positive. However long it is you can spend it being hopeful or depressed, your choice.

All my best wishes to fellow patients and good luck
|

replied October 8th, 2008
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
This IS the HARD part! it is always easy to put off stuff until tomorrow(walking,pushing away from the second helping,taking all those beneficial pills every night) but each of us must motivate themselves. no one else can do that.
I had a single bypass at age 50(unstable angina) and am now 60. while i do not eat properly all the time and am slightly overweight i do stick to my routine 7 day a week walk or bike ride, take a small pile of vitamins,minerals and meds every day and stay active with hobbies and chores and work.
I am afraid to die but i try to keep that in perspective and stay focused on today. Last night i started a T'ai Chi class, something new to learn that may be of some benefit. I carve, build canoes and furniture and the wife and i are starting to try to learn pottery making. I WILL NOT die in an easychair watching some stupid show. That I will not do.
SO while i cannot drag anyone off their butts i will say to you:"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
it can be done and you must do it for you!
|

replied November 11th, 2008
cabg and stenting
On June 12 2004 I had a heart attack at 47 yrs old.
Triple bypass and 2 stents later I still have chest pain and have been in and out of the hospital 3 times. I am 50 now I take a fist full of meds and antidepresents. My wife of 31 yrs and I have zero sex life because of this. I fight with this everyday. Server fatigue and thoughts of not making it are a constant companion. My beautiful wife has stood by my side thru all. If not for her this would have been over soon after the heart attack.
I served 20yrs thru 2 wars in the military but was not prepared for this fight. Doctors are of no use. Just take this pill and get out. Its not the bypass you live with its the recovery or, well what are the choices?? Never surrender and no retreat. I will stand my ground.
Tom,
|

replied November 11th, 2008
i would be back at the cardiologist jumping up and down(well maybe just bouncing). DEMANDING(in a nice way) what i need to do to get better and if i cannot get any better what do i do to enjoy what i have. i am pretty much an existentialist. we have to take care of ourselves BUT we can ask for assisance in doing that. at 50 when i have my heart surgery i felt like 60 now at 60 i mostly feel like 40. there are ups and downs but you have to be thankful for seeing each new day and those who love you. if you are a male it is very hard to ask for help. VERY HARD. but do it. if you are a veteran look for help a a va facility. i get great care there. do lots of research on the internet about what you can take and do to help. YOU MUST WALK OR EXERSIZE EVERY DAY, DAY IN AND DAY OUT. EVERY DAY! you can make each day of what you have left better with some help. hang in there.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
bypass
I am 64 and had a quadruple 18mths ago.
Itried beta blockers and statins etc for a short while after but have given up all drugs! What do i do instead? I drink lots of water---i have cut out all sugar foods and simple carbs=i walk for an hour each day at 125 bpm---i take fish oils and vit c and coenzyme q10 and vit c-i do tai chi-imkeep active! I dont sit about waiting for something to happen. Get on with life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied March 9th, 2009
how long left
where are the answers? i have similar experiences and questions about life expectency but all i see are stories and i need answers please
|

replied April 12th, 2012
Firstly, Deb, I had at least five major heart attacks, I had no health insurance, over five years before the one that sent me to the hospital. Then two days in IC and a quintuple bypass, three really, operation.
When I was taken from IC to the OR I wanted the folks present to have something worth remembering, as last words, and the best I could do was a great, big "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

You have the same fears that 99% of the human race have each waking moment. Your running from Death and so is your husband - in a manner. Your running away, from fear, and he - dashing forward BUT perhaps from fear NOT defiance.

Here, let me give you my (completed after my operations) a YouTube parody/comedy film I made, a few folks have told moi it helped them aleve their fears.
Oh, BTW it is totally Godless/Satanless and is a parody of George Harrison's "Awaiting On You All."

Hope that helps with the fear.
SOGS,
Tor
|