Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Back Pain Normal? (Page 1)

Is it normal to have lower back pain in your first trimester...Mainly when you are only 4 weeks? Anyone else have that?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper LadyLegacy
|

replied April 21st, 2005
I am 4 1/2 weeks, and had a miscarriage about 10 months ago. I have been having soreness/ache in my lower back, and the same thing on either side of my lower abdomen ... I have no idea if it's normal or not ... Any one out there who can help?
|

replied January 25th, 2012
I think you have to focused on stretching the leg muscles and also strengthening the core muscles around your stomach and back. I advise you to see a physical therapist and learn some of the exercises to do at home, the best example is miami hcg diet...
|

replied January 4th, 2013
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND AM NOT SURE IF ITS YET ANOTHER MISCARRIAGE ABOUT TO HAPPEN SINCE THE SYMPTOMS ARE THE SAME AS BEFOR I AM SUSPECTING THHAT AM ONLY THREE WEEKS AND THE PREG TEST IS NOT SHOWING YET.
|

replied May 12th, 2005
I'm having the exact same thing! I actually registered on here to ask about it. I'm 4 1/2 weeks. My lower back hurts most of the time and every once in awhile I feel sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I'm hoping it's just gas but I read that lower back and abdomen pain are the earliest signs of miscarriage. I'm so worried! Can anyone help!?!?
|

replied May 17th, 2005
I Should Be Rich By Now...lol...
Erikac:

if I had a dollar for everytime my bf asks me how I feel and I tell him mu back hurts, my stomach hurts, my head hurts, I have cramps, I think im going to die, id be rich by now...Lol by the way im 7 weeks preg.

From the moment I found out I was preg, maybe even b4, everything has been hurting..

dont worry abotu it, everytime I get a pain or an ache I just think of it as my little one telling me "mommy im here, im ok" just relax and get lots of sleep, I know it can be nerve wrecking especially if this is your 1st pregnancy (this is my 1st) but dont let it get the best of you!!

|
Users who thank Mom2Be for this post: AshleyA 

replied September 22nd, 2012
im 7wks 2day an frm day 1 ive ad backache an stomach cramps trap wind indegestion the lot im a nervous wreck
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
im 7wks 2day an frm day 1 ive ad backache an stomach cramps trap wind indegestion the lot im a nervous wreck
|

replied May 18th, 2005
Back Pain
I'm 5 1/2 weeks...I have back pain, too. I occasionally have sharp pains in my ab, too, and cramping. I'm a complete worry-wart, so I called the doctor's office, and the nurse said that is normal for some women. However, she did say to go to the er if the ab pain becomes severe....
|

replied May 20th, 2005
My nurse and doctor told me lower back pain and some mild cramping are normal, too. I have lower back pain and I did have cramping, but it's stopped since then.
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Norm
Hey girls! Everything ya'll are describing is completely normal. I was just like u guys in the begining of my pregnancy, and couldnt stop thinking about my baby. The bad thing is u guys are just begining. Altough it will get better in the middle it will get so bad towards the end you pro. Wont be able to lay on a completely flat surface i.E. The doctors office bed. I had my baby 6 mths ago and my back just keeps getn worse. I feels like my back is completely differrent than it used to be. Pregnancy def. Changes ur body and ur life at the same time. Didnt mean to scare u girls, just wanted to let u know that u are completely normal! Good luck with ur pregnancies. Im so jealous:)
|

replied July 26th, 2005
ladylegacy wrote:
i'm having the exact same thing! I actually registered on here to ask about it. I'm 4 1/2 weeks. My lower back hurts most of the time and every once in awhile I feel sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I'm hoping it's just gas but I read that lower back and abdomen pain are the earliest signs of miscarriage. I'm so worried! Can anyone help!?!?

well ladies, I am now 16 weeks and everything is great. I thought i'd come on here and say that back pain during your first trimester is completly normal. Your body is just adjusting to having your little tiny baby in there! I had lots of lower back pain that sometimes shot through to my lower abdomen. I was convinced until my 13th week that I was going to miscarry and now i'm at 4 months and I made it though that scary first tri. The pain eventually turns into a soreness or tenderness and then a medium sharp pain only every once in awhile. Just try to relax and remember that the stress isn't good for your little one. Just be positive and take it easy. Don't do any heavy lifting or anything too strenuous and you can count on making it to that second trimester. Best of wishes ladies! Congrats on the little one!

<3 nicole
|
Users who thank LadyLegacy for this post: SarahDMommy2B 

replied November 3rd, 2011
Thank you for comming back with that! I was looking for an answer and yours is perfect! I am into my 5th week (2nd) pregnancy, but my daughter is 4 now, so i have forgotten what it was like to be pregnant. We also had a miscarriage before this pregnancy so needless to say I have been very worried. You don't know how much you helped! Thank you again for writing again~
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Thank you! Now I can sleep well knowing my baby's ok. Best of luck to you as well an thanks or coming back! You gave the best answer and now I can go to bed Smile btw I'm 6weeks in
|

replied May 21st, 2012
Thank you so much for that beautiful talk. I am 9 week+ and am having back pain that is giving me sleepless night but with this encouragement I go and sleep. Thank you ones again.
|

replied July 15th, 2012
thank you so much for this, you have no idea how helpful this answer is. From your postings, I can see most of you ladies are well ahead now. I am currently 7 weeks in now. Good luck to all of you and thanks for all your informative and encouraging posts.Thanks
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know if i'm preggo yet but my back has been really sore off and on for over a week now. And now my boobs. Mostly my nipple area, and my stomach feels weird. At least I know that if I am pregnant then the back pain and such is normal :)
|

replied July 26th, 2005
justacanadiangirl wrote:
i don't know if i'm preggo yet but my back has been really sore off and on for over a week now. And now my boobs. Mostly my nipple area, and my stomach feels weird. At least I know that if I am pregnant then the back pain and such is normal :)

my first symptom of pregnancy was breast tenderness. They felt very full and sore right away. Have you taken a test? I took a test on a monday and it came out negative but by saturday I had a positve result. If you don't get a positive result right away don't be discouraged. It takes about 10 days after conception for the test to read positive.
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I took one about 3 days after my period was due (maybe 5) and it was negative. Then I took one the next day and it was negative too. That was....20 days ago (from when I missed my period).

So far i've felt sore breasts, a little nausea (it's gone now though), back pain, occasionally peeing a little more but nothing sustantial (sp?), and today I experienced (for the first time) my sex drive completely leaving.... I have had no desire for it what so ever....Maybe it's just today though, I don't know. Oh I did have about 2 1/2 days of light light light bleeding about 3 days after my period was due. And a few days of it a few days before my period was due.

I know I should take a test, but I figure, why waste the money, i'm just gonna go to the clinic, hopefully on the weekend to see what's going on. As long as I can borrow my friend's cell phone to get the results. Or maybe my bf's.... But then i'll have to tell him all about this. And I was gonna wait til after....Who knows. We'll see....
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Light bleeding can be normal however I experienced absolutely none. If it definitely was not your period then you are probably pregnany. You can buy tests very cheap at walmart...Probably only $3. It's worth buying. If you are pregnant you need to start taking prenatal vitamins and make sure that you are taking great care of yourself. You also need to see a doc. You should really go buy a cheap test. Let me know how everything turns out!
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I'm treating myself as if I am pregnant, just in case. No alcohol, no smoking (not that I did before) and stuff like that. I'm just waiting to see what happens with the period next month
|

replied March 24th, 2006
Back Pain
Hi guys I am new here and I came looking too see if anyone else has back pain, I am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and my lower back just started hurting although I am having no abdominal cramping I am worried, any suggestions???? :cry:
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2011
hello..
even im preggo and happy to share this information with u.am also suffering with the back pain and its very normal during 1st trimister mainly due to hormonal changes.your body gets adjusted to this slowly.when u feel u cant go with the pain any more just lie down on your left side.also have atleast 2-3 servings of fruits a day mainly in the early morning.congrats all....
|

replied July 26th, 2006
I just got confirmation last wednesday that I am pregnant, and had a miscarriage in january. This lower back pain makes me so nervous after that experience. Thankfully my dh works in radiology so we're going to get the radiologist to sneak me in to do an early scan for the heartbeat at 7 or 8 wks.
|

replied September 19th, 2007
I just found out I was 1 month pregnant a few days ago and I have been having lower back pain and a little bit of cramping. It worries me a little bit and I hope everything is okay. I read on a few websites that its normal in your first trimester to have back pain and light cramping because of all the hormonal changes. I hope thats true!
|

replied June 14th, 2008
hi all
I found out i was pregnant 3 weeks ago, which was a really great surprise as i have pcos and thought i would never concieve naturally. The doc said i am about 9-10 weeks pregnant, but just the last week i have been getting some really bad period pains and sharp pains going through my back and stomach, it has taken me so long to get pregnant i dont want to loose it, can anyone reassure me that this is normal, or should i see my GP?

Thanks Sad
|

replied September 8th, 2008
Hi Everyone!
I found out that I'm 8wks. and have been experiencing the same symptoms as most of you: lower back pain, lower ab. cramping or twinges I should say.

I am also concerned about the "M" word because I had one 3 yrs. ago.

I know I should not worry because this little heartbeat is in God's hands.

However, a little encouragement never hurts either.
|

replied February 12th, 2009
too scared to take a test!
i am 6 weeks, so 2 weeks late from my period and i daren't take a test because i was poorly 2 weeks ago and it might just be because i was ill that i am late!
|

replied March 8th, 2009
lower back pain at 7 weeks pregnant
I am also having lower back pain sensations , I cant lie down or sit down without having these sort of twinges/sensations in my lower back and also the tops of my thighs, but not in my abdimon area is this normal
|