Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Help I Get Fever Blisters After Oral Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Every time me and my boyfriend have oral sex a few days later I get fever blisters on my lips whats causing it and should I be concered? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Yes because your guy might have some type of std that is causing it to get to your mouth. You should have him checked and ask your doc about it too. I think its genetal herpes or something, im not sure but it can get passed that way and you can get it too down there, get checked. To be safe.
|

replied January 21st, 2004
That doesnt sound very normal to me I agree with nikki go get checked
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Fever Blister
Chances are ...It's not a fever blister....Oral sex with someone who has herpes can give you a cold sore like scab on your mouth....Please be very careful...This is very catchy......It can also be past down to your own are and this is a painful thing down there.........Check with you bf and ask if he has any sing of a sore at all...If so...This could very well be herpes.....Alway use a condom as it is not fair to other to give it to them....And do not give oral sex when you have a sore on your mouth or if they have a sore please be careful and be seen by a Dr.
|

replied January 24th, 2004
He doesnt have any sores or blisters anywhere..
|

replied February 4th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Well this might sound a lil gross, but, my brother and his wife-to-be both got tested when they had this problem. When she would perform oral sex she woudl wind up gettting "fever" blisters. Neither of them had any std's or aids. They wern't even actully "fever" blisters, the doc explained them as sores you can get if you've performed oral sex for a long peroid of time or like on a daily basis. Possibly that is the problem.
|

replied February 8th, 2004
Herpes Virus
Herpes looks like small grapelike clusters of clear fluid filled blisters and the burn & itch like crazy right before they come out. If someone has the herpes virus they are most contagious when a sore is present, but you do not necessarily have to have a sore present to be contagious. You can potentially give someone herpes from about 2 weeks prior to an outbreak until well after the sore is completely gone. Also, someone can have the herpes virus in their system and never even have an outbreak ever!!! But they can still pass it along to others. Unfortunately, it's the gift that keeps on giving. Make sure if you do have a sore do not have any type of contact with others with that area until it is completely gone. There is nothing to rid the virus from your body but there are things that you can get over the counter or from your doctor to lessen the symptoms. I get "cold sores" whenever I get stressed, travel, overexposure to the sun. I just make sure that whenever I happen to subject myself to a one of those situations and a potential outbreak I take meds for a few days to try to keep them from happening before they have a chance to come out.
|

replied February 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Fever blisters are herpes. I mean, some people call cold sores, fever blisters and both are herpes. So, if he has herpes, then when you go down on him, you are getting them on your mouth. If they are in the very corner of your mouth, however, it is probably just your lips tearing a little from stretching your mouth around his penis.
|

replied October 29th, 2009
I'm seventeen. and have had sex with a friend twice and after both times I got a fever blister.could it be something else or if I stopped intercoarse with that person will it go away?
|

replied February 25th, 2011
I had this issue. My husband was my first and the first time I went down on him, and every time there after, I got a fever blister on my mouth. Never anywhere else. I went to the Dr. thinking he had given me something. Well it turns out there are about 80 different types of the Herpes virus, and a few of then are very common. Most people don't even know they have a form of Herpes.

Odds are if your are having sexual intercourse, and he has given you Genital Herpes that you will have break outs in other places other than you mouth. Genital Herpes is rather painful and isn't normally a single bump, most commonly the outbreak is a small cluster.

I would say that you should go see your Dr. better safe than sorry, but not to worry yourself sick about this.

Hope you find this helpful
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile