Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Find Out Your Chances of Being Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
It doesn't matter what your story is, when you had your period, how many times you had sex, if he did or didnt, if you're on birth control, whether or not the condom broke, or anything. You always have a chance of being pregnant, and that's exactly what we're going to tell you. So before you post, test! You can test 4 days before your first missed period, so don't ask us your chances of being pregnant, just test!!

Common things that can mess up your cycle:
1) stress
2) starting birth control
3) stopping birth control
4) switching birth control methods
5) puberty and natural horomonal changes
6) not eating enough or dieting
7) taking horomones, steroids, or other prescription drugs
8 ) illness

other facts about pregnancy:
you can get pregnant on birth control.
You can get pregnant while using a condom.
You can get pregnant if he doesn't go.
You can get pregnant while breastfeeding.
You can get pregnant on your period.
You can get pregnant the first time.
You can get pregnant any time of your cycle.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper uhlissa
|

replied July 20th, 2005
You can get pregnant if he doesn't go? How is that possible
|

replied November 19th, 2012
EVERY MAN pre-ejaculates when aroused and stimulated. this is not premature ejaculation, which affects some men. a few milliliters of semen leak out during the act of intercourse, even if he does not climax and ejaculate. this is why the pull-out method does not always work
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
U can get pregnant from the pre-ejaculation. It still has sperm in it.
|

replied February 24th, 2013
actually its a rare chance you can pre ejaculation does not contain sperm. only way you can for pre cum is if he didn't urinate after coming the previous time.
|

replied July 25th, 2005
Is It Possible...
To miss your period and not be pregnant

this happened to a friend she had sex for the first time missed her period that month and wasnt pregnant...I have never heard of this....Whats is this? Doesnt anyone know?
|

replied July 27th, 2005
Missed period and hopefully not pregnant my girlfriend to but we dont know for sure if she is pregnant but no sign are there and she says she doesnt feel pregnant so????
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Can You Be Pregnant And Still Have Your Period?
Can you still be pregant and still have your period?
If so is it a normal cycle or is it shorter?

Alex
|
Users who thank adt42 for this post: Zozo1234 

replied November 28th, 2012
It is very possible to have excess spotting or bleeding, or even creamy white or clear discharge while pregnant. This discharge or blood is most likely left over from your last period. Or your body holds the excess blood or discharge until the time that you are suppose to get you period. This happens to many people, don't think that it is uncommon or not normal. It can be very normal. And sorry that this post is so late...
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Having Your Period While You Are Pregnant!
Hi, my friends big sister had her period while she was pregnant and had no symptom's either she didnt find out until she started having pains during the night, she went to the toilet and everyone woke up with her screaming, my friends mum chapped on the bathroom door to see what was happening and she was on the floor with the baby's head half way out!!!! :o
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
This is such a common thing i've heard espeacially when you don't have a regular cycle. You don't know when oulation occurs. I knew a girl who got preggo and didn't know untill she had to deliver(she was so skinny she never had a belly)..... Sounds strange but it does happen. Some women can go months without having a normal period. When this happens you need to see your doctor to get regular. Sometimes they actually put you on the pill.
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Is It Possible...
aworriedlady wrote:
to miss your period and not be pregnant

this happened to a friend she had sex for the first time missed her period that month and wasnt pregnant...I have never heard of this....Whats is this? Doesnt anyone know?

having sex for the first time, or having sex a lot then stopping can mess up your cycle. I was never very regular but when I started having sex and then would go a few weeks or a month without it, my schedule would be far from predictable. Especially if she's young, periods won't be regular all the time because of hormones and such. But she could be pregnant but not have a high enough hcg level in her urine to pick up on a take home test. I have completely missed a month before and not been pregnant but i've also heard of women being 4 weeks pregnant when the test still won't pick it up. If she's worried, get her to go to the doctor, insurance should cover a blood test. But if not, mine was right around 50 dollars with no insurance.
|

replied August 24th, 2005
Me
I have been getting cramps and I really think its to early to start my period. Could this be possible signs of early pregnancy? Or could it be from just getting of birth control 2 weeks ago? Please some1 help me out if you know anything. I'm frustrated :x
|

replied May 24th, 2012
well i had sex on my ovulation day and felt the symptoms three days later with pain as if i am getting my period again. sore nipples was another fisrt sign
|

replied August 31st, 2005
Could I Be Pregnant?
Im a little confused.

I have pcos and hardly have periods I have had a period for the last 3 months which is really strange as I usually get 1 or 2 a year but now I have nothing.

Its been 8 weeks since my last period and I have had sickness, nausea ive cant drink coffee tea diet coke or even smoke. I have gone off certain foods aswell. I go to the loo more my boobs are so sore I get headaches and im so tired.

Today I have had a light spotting but not the norm!

I have done 4 home preg tests and 1 blood test all say neg.

I dont know what to do or think help.

Debs
|

replied September 6th, 2005
Re: Me
serina wrote:
i have been getting cramps and I really think its to early to start my period. Could this be possible signs of early pregnancy? Or could it be from just getting of birth control 2 weeks ago? Please some1 help me out if you know anything. I'm frustrated :x

i just got off birth control too and am having early cramps and have super soar nipples. Painful nipples! The cramps feel like my period too and i'm so hugely bloated in my belly where I usually do not retain weight. Are you bloated? I'm very thirsty too. When is your period supposed to arrive? Mine is supposed to be a week away now and i've been having cramps for the past week.

Also, i've been having crazy dreams! Sexual dreams so my hormones must be raging! Has anyone experienced that?
|

replied September 21st, 2011
I also have PCOS and I've been experiencing the same things..sexual dreams,bloating (my stomach is usually flat),exhaustion, slight pain in my ovary, cloudy,milky discharge, excessive hunger, cravings for dairy products and meat, my breasts have grown a little but no soreness or pain,lower back pain, pain in my legs and feet,hot flashes (I'm usually cold natured), indigestion as well as gas and I could go on and on about the strange feelings I've been experiencing. Needless to say; I'm not myself. I never have regular periods so I don't know when I'm "late". This is driving me crazy!!! Any advice would help.
|

replied February 12th, 2012
yes i have experienced that but i have this pain for 4 weeks now and the bottom of my belly is a bit hard what can it be i need help i cant stop feeling sick and dizzy i eat alot and im very thirsty i get like hot flushes so what can it be if anyone know can you please let me know
|

replied September 15th, 2005
kitkit wrote:
serina wrote:
i have been getting cramps and I really think its to early to start my period. Could this be possible signs of early pregnancy? Or could it be from just getting of birth control 2 weeks ago? Please some1 help me out if you know anything. I'm frustrated :x

i just got off birth control too and am having early cramps and have super soar nipples. Painful nipples! The cramps feel like my period too and i'm so hugely bloated in my belly where I usually do not retain weight. Are you bloated? I'm very thirsty too. When is your period supposed to arrive? Mine is supposed to be a week away now and i've been having cramps for the past week.

Also, i've been having crazy dreams! Sexual dreams so my hormones must be raging! Has anyone experienced that?

hi, what serina and kitkit wrote are somewhat the same with me!! Me and my fiancee recently moved in together, we are gettin married in dec, now we have been trying for a baby for little over a month, like 3 weeks ago I took 3 pts and all came back neg.. Then I got my period 1 wk early...!! This puzzled me, I just let it go. We have tried every single day of that week. Now 2 weeks later, im feeling nauseous, tired, heartburn, backaches, cramping, and sore nipples!! Im not sure if its too early to feel anything, but 5 days ago my fiancee told me..Hun I kno ur pregnant,i can feel it... And on that same day my friend at work told me that men do know the differnce. That they can tell, now I just want to know, is it possible for me to be pregnant with the symptoms I have and is it true about men knowing? I dont want to take another pt and it comin back neg..We really want this baby!! Plz let me know.. Thanks
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Extra Worry
Dear all,

i am been waiting for so long to get pregnant. I did intercourse with my partner on 19th 20th and 21st sep where my period last due was 14th sep. I knew that my best ovulation day was falled on 24th sep. I got bad cramped on my lower abdomen on 25th sep next day. I got bad back pain as well. Now is 26th sep, the pain seems gone. I did not have any sore breast at all. I am really worry that I am not pregnant this time. I still wait for the spotting to come but worry about that I am not pregnant. My period is due on 7th oct next month. When is the best day I can have pregnancy test ? Please advice. I wish to get pregnant all this long.

Regards,
mints
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Extra Worry
I missed my period in september took 3 hpt and they all came back positive for pregnancy then october 1st came around and I started my period took another test and it came back negative. Im still waiting to see the doctor to find out what is going on. Does anyone have any advice for this senario??
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2011
Yes u mite not want 2 here it though! I took 3 test turned out i was, was getting alot of pain in my tummy back and legs went to the hospital they took a test and it was negative. i had lost my baby Sad I hope this isn't the case for you. good luck x
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Re: Can You Be Pregnant And Still Have Your Period?
adt42 wrote:
can you still be pregant and still have your period?

If so is it a normal cycle or is it shorter?

Alex

yes u can be pregnant and still have your period. My older sister had hers until she was four months and my mother did not know she was pregnant with me because she had hers for a long time.
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Re: Is It Possible...
aworriedlady wrote:
to miss your period and not be pregnant

it could have been that since she was new to the sex game, then her body had to get use to the change. If she not pregnant then don't be alarmed because our bodies have to adjust to our lifestyle.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Find Out Your Chances of Being Pregnant
linuxchique wrote:
it doesn't matter what your story is, when you had your period, how many times you had sex, if he did or didnt, if you're on birth control, whether or not the condom broke, or anything. You always have a chance of being pregnant, and that's exactly what we're going to tell you. So before you post, test! You can test 4 days before your first missed period, so don't ask us your chances of being pregnant, just test!!

1) stress

i dont think you should tell people not to post that is exactly why this forum exists because trying to get pregnant is complicated and there are many variables. Also this is a tender subject for many so dont try to be all high and mighty. If you dont want to be supportive to peoples questions then stay out of the pregnancy forums.
8 ) illness

|

replied November 15th, 2005
Re: Find Out Your Chances of Being Pregnant
lilypad wrote:
linuxchique wrote:
it doesn't matter what your story is, when you had your period, how many times you had sex, if he did or didnt, if you're on birth control, whether or not the condom broke, or anything. You always have a chance of being pregnant, and that's exactly what we're going to tell you. So before you post, test! You can test 4 days before your first missed period, so don't ask us your chances of being pregnant, just test!!

1) stress

i dont think you should tell people not to post that is exactly why this forum exists because trying to get pregnant is complicated and there are many variables. Also this is a tender subject for many so dont try to be all high and mighty. If you dont want to be supportive to peoples questions then stay out of the pregnancy forums.

8 ) illness

i am really scared.I had unprotected sex on the 5th day while I was on my period ...Almost gone. Now I am spotting dark and I dont know if its a sign of being pregnant. I am regular (cycle) now I never spot in my life and I see myself for the first time. Am I pregnant? Am when can I take a pregnancy test. So scared
|

replied November 29th, 2005
attractivebebe18 wrote:
kitkit wrote:
serina wrote:

hi, what serina and kitkit wrote are somewhat the same with me!! Me and my fiancee recently moved in together, we are gettin married in dec, now we have been trying for a baby for little over a month, like 3 weeks ago I took 3 pts and all came back neg.. Then I got my period 1 wk early...!! This puzzled me, I just let it go. We have tried every single day of that week. Now 2 weeks later, im feeling nauseous, tired, heartburn, backaches, cramping, and sore nipples!! Im not sure if its too early to feel anything, but 5 days ago my fiancee told me..Hun I kno ur pregnant,i can feel it... And on that same day my friend at work told me that men do know the differnce. That they can tell, now I just want to know, is it possible for me to be pregnant with the symptoms I have and is it true about men knowing? I dont want to take another pt and it comin back neg..We really want this baby!! Plz let me know.. Thanks

i was reading this post and have had the same questions myself. I just went off b/c this month and started trying a few days after af. A week after af I got sore nipples and had terrible cramping for a week. The cramping went away but the nipples are still sore. I have no other symptoms that others have stated that are signes of pg. Can anyone answer the question if it is the b/c making these changes or if it is possible signes of pg? The only other thing I have noticed are my nipples are bright red with brown around the tip and very sensitive. Now with white glands appearing. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am also still six days from when af will start. Thanks much!!
|