Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Masturbate Too Much? (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Is it possible to masturbate too much? I find myself masterbating several times a week, every time I shower at least, with my massaging shower head. If not, I may use my hands, or a massage/vibrator. It feels so good, and I love the feeling of an orgasm. Am I masturbating too much?Should I take a break?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
No its fine if you do. The only one to say your masturbating too much is yourself. Maybe thats why your itching though. Something could have irritated you down there.
|

You know I though I had the same problem. I usually do it a couple of times a day also. And it helps my appetite, I usually get very hungry after I do it. I think it is perfectly normal and healthy. Don't stop because maybe society has put a limit to what is normal and what is not. It's also safe and effective, go ahead do your thing! :p
|

Experienced User
Has anybody heard that too much of a good thing is bad. Or that the things that feel best are the worst for your health.

I am not saying that masturbation is bad for health. But everything goes well in moderation. I suggest nobody masturbate themselves to oblivion.

I picture a girl that masturbates every day to be someone who is skinny, nervous in public, and tired and irritable!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I'm sorry nice guy but I disagree, I have never heard of any amount of masturbation causing skinniness, nerve problems, tiredness or irrability.
|

Experienced User
Well, if its not at all harmful to overdo it, then why dont all girls masturbate ten times a day and live heaven on earth? Just as the loss of semen in a guy takes its toll on the guy, so does an orgasm in a girl. It expends a great deal of energy which if overdone, takes a toll on the vital organs (liver, kidneys etc. )

i am not here to convince you about this. This is just my opinion. I have been around a little bit to know these things.
|

replied November 6th, 2003
You mentioned in your last post, you picture a girl who masturbates everyday to be skinny, nervous in public, and tired and irritable! All I am saying is I disgaree with you, as never in all my life, have I ever heard of regular masturbation in women causing any of these symptoms. You are not a woman, so how could you possibly tell us how we will be feeling after masturbating 10 times a day ? That would be like me trying to tell you how an orgasm makes you feel, how on earth could I possibly know that. I'm sorry but no matter how long you have been around to know these things, nothing will ever allow you to know what female masturbation leaves her feeling like, unless you've had a sex change operation. Did you realise there is a mens sexual health forum ? I'm sure your experiences and opinions would be much more suited there.

Suzy
|

Well actually masturbation is a great stress reliever. I am currently involved in a long distant relationship and its working out great. Women tend to have more orgasms than men in general so what would be the difference between multiple orgasms with a man and multiple orgasms masturbating. I would day that with a man we would have to work twice as much as we do when we masturbate. Also fyi I am not at all skinny nor irritable or any other of the symptoms you've presented. I agree with suzy.

Nicol
|

Experienced User
Agree/disasgree
Hey everyone,

i think that most of you are right. I don't think that you can masturbate too much, but I wouldn't replace a man with it. Niceguy, while some adverse results may occur, I doubt that they would be that extreme. For suzy... There isn't a reason to be so harsh! This is a forum for people to express their honest opinion. If this site didn't exist for that perpose, many people wouldn't have gotten the help and support they were looking for! I encorage veryone, men and women, to put in their opinion where ever they want! Smile
|

Experienced User
Thanks Sarahauntie
Sarah, you see I wasnt saying that masturbation causes those effects in all women. I simply meant that I have seen a few cases like that with women who do nothing but masturbate heavily for years and years. And it was simply what I had seen and heard. And of course, I will never feel what women feel when they have an orgasm. The only time I have seen is when my wife has an orgasm and I can tell she is really into the feeling. And my being on the womens board? I thought this was a free for all. I have seen so many girls on the mens forum and nobody ever told them to leave.
Anyway, I regret ever having posted here.

Take care.
|

No!!!
I really enjoy the insights of mens perspectives on topics concerning women. I think that we should all be a able to learn from each other. Niceguy don't stop posting your opinions its great, people don't always have to agree to learn from each other. I try to do as my mom taught me, listen for understanding not agreement. I also want to say that I love this sight, I am going through a lot of different things but for some reason I still feel great.
|

Experienced User
Nicol
I think there are too many people here that dont want to listen to other people's opinions objectively.

Thanks for the offer, but I just dont have the will to post here anymore....
|

Extremely eHealthy
Niceguy,

i love your posts! Dont get mad! Just stay on because we always need a mans insight on things and we dont always have it. But if you stay on it will be great! Please stay on! I mean you cant give up like that. Coming from me when people were hating me and my posts, I kept posting and now everything is fine. You have your opinion too. Please keep posting niceguy!!!! Its true that we go in the mens board and answer questions alot so you should be able to be in here too!!
Think about it!!!!!
|

Experienced User
Niceguy!
Hey buddy,

i don't know if your confusing me with suzy, but I was fighting for you buddy! If you read my post again, I said that anybody should be welcome to post a message on any board they wish! Wink

post all you want, on anything you want! Smile
|

Experienced User
Nah
Sarah, old chapster! Dont be crazy. Of course I am not confusing u with anyone else. I was responding to you while trying to get my point across to the enemy Smile

anyway, guys and gals, I am back by popular demand. I just cant stay away as there are a few here that want me to stick around and I can't let them down! Thanks for pm'ing me guys and making me welcome!

So all those that want to masturbate, 5, 10 times a day, just go ahead. I'll look the other way. Just make sure u dont get that clit too sore Smile
even better if u could get ur mate to offer a helping "hand".

By the way, to be frank, all this talk of females masturbating is taking its toll on me. Maybe I should go to the mens board after all (right after I take a cold shower)

c ya.
|

replied November 22nd, 2003
Mastrbate Too Much
Yes and no. Sounds complicated huh? Mastrbating itself is not harmful unless it starts to consume all of your free time. Dont laugh there are people who are in this shape. But mastrbating in place of sex could cause problems. If you havnt started having sex right now thats ok. What im trying to say is if you are married or have a rgular sx partner and are substituting mastrbating for sx that may trn into a problem. When we mastrbate it allows us to feel what we like bst then when we have sx we can share with our partners what we enjoy. Some people mastrbate in the morning to start their day others late at night to relax. Some guys mastrbate before having sx with their gf so they can last longer. Whatever ur comfortable with. But mastrbatin doesnt cause blindness or diseases.
|

replied December 3rd, 2003
Wow
Screw that...You can masterbate whenever you want, wherever you want, with whatever you want, and as many times as you want. You can't get any stds from doing it, you can get pregnant, and you don't have to worry about giving directions to a !**@! who doesn't know what they're doing. It's healthy and can def be a stress reliever. Even britney spears sings about masterbating, it's called "touch of my hand." what's wrong with indulging yourself? Oh and niceguy, most girls do masterbate a lot. Most of them just either feel it's no one else's business or just don't have the balls to admit it.
|

Lol ginac, couldn't have said it better myself.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well actually im 20 and ive only done that like 5 times total. Not that I dont have the balls to admit it I just dont do it. Thats why I have jose. And I do know alot of people that dont. And believe me, they dont. There is no point when they have someone to get the job done. Its not that theres anything wrong with it, but its just not my thing to wake up and play with myself. And you can hurt yourself if you have nails, you might cut yourself in there and be sore. Lol then you would have to take a break. And that is a big "jump the band wagon" kinda thing to be like "oh britney does it, and sings about it, let me do it too" like nice guy said, enjoy and dont get to sore
|

replied December 4th, 2003
Experienced User
Ok You Asked For This
All I know is that as a guy, I probably have just as much fun orgasming as you girls. In fact maybe even more as I get to release a lot of pent up fluid.
But I will tell you that as long as my wife is around, I never feel the need to masturbate. I mean even if she is having her period, I prefer to have her hand do the job on my thing rather than have my own hand. It makes me feel loved Smile

granted that it might not do that much harm to masturbate, but isnt it depressing to be sitting and masturbating all by yourself ? I would think once in a while its ok, but that you would have to pretty darn lonely and/or homely to be masturbating solo.

I agree with nikki. I think she's got a great balance between masturbating and making love. And hey ginac, if you're gonna masturbate, then do spell it right at least (hey, just pulling yer leg Smile )
|
Quick Reply