Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Pressure And Sharp Pains In Lower Stomach...could I Be???? (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been having a lot of pressure and sharp pains in lower stomach. I also feel bloated to where I can't even stick my stomach in. Could that be a sign of pregnancy or something else? I'm going to take a pregnancy test today. Please someone respond!! Thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile GREATNAVYWIFE
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2009
Experienced User
No your not pregnant.
Okay first off are you experiencing any other pregnancy symptoms like sore breast, fatigue, nausea, gas, feeling tired, emotional, spotting, anything that might be a sign you might be pregnant, if not then your most likely not pregnant. The sharp pains could just be gas build up in your intestines, or your gall bladder producing so much of what ever it produces. Or a hernia, who knows, but just take the pregnancy test and see what the results are.
|

replied January 8th, 2009
Experienced User
some women experience very few to no symptoms during pregnancy, so ignore the above "advice". the only way to know is to take a test. Good Luck.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2012
I have been having mild to sharp pains in my uterus i have also gotten some headaches along woth bloating an increase milky white discharge im 7 days past ovulation (7opd) can someone tell me if i might be preg?! Ps.when is the earliest i can test ?!
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2009
Experienced User
kerryn wrote:
some women experience very few to no symptoms during pregnancy, so ignore the above "advice". the only way to know is to take a test. Good Luck.

okay you need to stop going around here and telling people to ignore my advice. I am highly educated in the medical field, thank you very much. And women do feel symptoms during pregnancy, and some don't I was asking the young lady if she did or not.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
You can't just tell someone that they are not pregnant right off the bat. YOU are NOT a pregnancy test!
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Symptoms are unreliable. Every symptom you can think of can be felt outside of pregnancy and are caused by a large variety of factors. In fact, simply thinking you might be pregnant will make you notice things you'd normally disregard, like frequent urination or nausea.

The most reliable symptom is a missed period. Wait until you miss one and then take a pregnancy test.
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2010
It could be a sign of pregnancy or your period or something else
I'm in the same boat, I'm 27 days into my cycle, expecting my period at any day but not wanting it! We are so hopeful! I have noticed some odd things. For example, it's gross but there has been a significant increase in discharge. I'm a nurse, so I know this is fine as long as there is no foul smell or itching, redness, ect. Just noticing this weird and gross discharge has, sad to say, given me hope. I refuse to buy a pregnancy test until one week past my period due date (yet again, to prevent me from getting my hopes up even more). Anyways, more along the lines of your question, very, very early pregnancy symptoms often resemble PMS including pressure, normal cramps, bloating, ect. However, if you find this pressure/ cramping is severe or persistent, maybe you should call your doctor. In the meantime, stay away from all pain killer, even tylenol if you can and ovbiously alcohol, until you know for sure whether you are or aren't prego. Best wishes to you, if this is what you want, baby dust to both of us!!
|

replied February 15th, 2010
19 year old, the girl who told you to ignore your advice is right. When I was pregnant with my son, i had NO symptoms, just a missed period.
|

replied October 16th, 2012
some people dont have them, but some people do. id rather be aware of what i COULD experience rather than have someone tell me in not going to have any symptoms at all. so, i think everyone should give their own advice, and leave it at that!
|

replied June 30th, 2010
UM...rylansmom25 and Kerryn. You are both wrong, do the research. Some women do have early signs of pregnancy and some don't. Not all human beings are the same! And there is such a thing as ovulation pains as the egg bursts out of the ovary(follicle), implantation pains as the embryo attaches itself to the uterus. Although the abdominal pain could be anything, ruling out pregnancy because you have an opinion is not reliable information. Some women also having spotting which they get mixed up with having a period; this is also caused from implantation of the embryo which takes place about 5 to 9 days after fertilization of the egg...this also varies between each woman and how long her cycle is. I too have a medical backround I'm a nurse. Just because YOU didn't have pains doesnt mean everybody else won't
|

replied July 15th, 2010
Get it together
To all ...you all gave good advice it should be left at that. I dont think its right that anybody should be saying the other person is wrong or right or what ever this is a site for simple advice and your own opinions. There should be nothing negative to say...besides we are talking about someone curious to know if a baby is coming...uugghhh! we women can be so confused sometimes..lets get it together.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 8th, 2010
19 year old - calm down! I wasn't going to write anything but can't help but suggest that if you are 'highly educated' you might just know how to spell 'you're' as in 'you are' not the other kind of 'your'. But I guess sp. isn't the be all and end all of medicine.
|

replied February 1st, 2011
FIGHTING WASTES ENERGY, POSITIVITY CREATES IT
Seriously people; how can you honestly call yourself an adult if you can't take what others say as what it is clearly meant to be, to put it simply- a comment. Yes some people have symptoms very early on in their pregnancy, where as others may take several weeks or months before they exerience any symptoms or discomfort. Some women may never even have so much as an irregular fart to be able to tell the dfference. Believe it or not, there have actually been people who don't know that they are pregnant until they are almost half way into it due to an entire lack of symptoms; including a missed period. They can have heavy spotting that some would normally assume is a relativly light period. Then again, there is some lore that few women often "feel" pregnant as early as a few days after conception. I am not saying this to be true, but natural instincts have been known to take over for some very quickly. EVERYONE IS DIFFERNT. NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING. ONLY GOD KNOWS EVERYTING. So drop all the petty rivalry and just continue giving advice the best of your ability. Everyone has something to contribute and negative attitudes are not necessary. LET'S WORK TOGETHER, NOT AGAINST EACHOTHER.
|

replied October 4th, 2012
Am i pregnant, been having sharp cramping pains, in my left side
Your words are very true! I am a rare case and maybe there are others just no one has said anything, but I had a period, still having pregnancy symptom. I had a negative HPT.i went thru this before, except I had 2 periods in one month, negative results for 5 months. The only symptoms I had was an enlarged abdomen. The Dr. couldn't detect the hcg, so he kept telling me no, even my blood wouldn't show it. But now I have a pretty 6 yr old. Now I am going thru the same thing,scared to tell my boyfriend cause he wknt believe me. I have had the tender breast, the cramping on the left side, increased discharge looking like snott, headaches, backaches, I stay thirsty, I pee a lot,now its hard to pass bowels. Are those symptoms of pregnancy or am I going crazy.
|

replied February 1st, 2011
Experienced User
hi , i'd like to know when to expect my next cycle. i just had one on jan.21,2011 and im not sure when to expect my next one. would it be this month, on the exact same date? im really anxious to know because i've been intimate since my period stopped . and maybe one day while on my cycle . and i need to know when to expect my next one just incase i miss my period becuase im pregnant. & i think i may be .
any advice or answers? please respond asap . thank you Smile babyqirl
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
When is my next period
Hi, i have downloaded th ptracker app and if you enter the last day of your last period it tells you when you are fertile,, ovulating and when you will have your next period. Very good app that I would recommend ..
|

replied February 20th, 2011
disapointed every time :(
hey guys thanks for the repsonses they are a great help..need some more help tho!! Sad im a 21yr old planning a 2nd baby and its killing me every negative test i get!! Im 5days late have been experiences some weird feelings this past week which is being light headed,bad cramps, dull headaches,feelin weak, feeling sick, sharp pains and severe pressure. I have taken altogther throughout this week 4 hpt and all NEGATIVE Sad i am also off the evro patch a month now and my last period was the 28th of january!! please help
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Any thoughts appreciated!
ok, i don't want to sound like i'm trying to make it sound more like one thing going on than another that it really could be. i'm not ruling out pregnancy yet cause it's still too early for be be able to take a test and get an accurate response but i'm curious what else it could possiably be. I've had the lower abdomal bloating, fatigue, breasts sore and somewhat swollen, nausea (no vomiting thank god). i've been moody (to say the least) and craping some, but they're not quite the same as period craps, their lighter, and not really painful, just more pressure than anything. My last period started March 9, 2011, and it's now the 24th. I would only be roughly 3 weeks if i am. My cycles are normally fairly short, like 21 days or something like that. and if i am pregnant when would i be able to accurately take a pregnancy test? I'm confused and concerned. Should i go to the dr or just the drug store to get a hpt? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
|

replied July 14th, 2011
a sad display of women against women violence!
HAHAHAHAH!!! Seriously women! Some women have no symptoms, however others have every symptom...there is no one gauge for a perfect answer... and if you were truly in the medical field you would have known this...
|

replied December 30th, 2011
I just can't wait
Hi all! We are trying to conceive. We have had sex everyday sometimes twice a day to ensure our chance being higher. I am currently past ovulation and awaiting the date that I can test. I have been very tired and I have had nausea. I also am now experiencing lower abdomen pressure. I have 9 days to wait and it's killing me!! I just want to know!! How early do you think I can test? I know they say 5 days before, but I never really trust it. I just wanna know!! We're so excited and can't wait to start being parents!! Please advise Smile)
|

replied April 19th, 2012
I had a question and wanted to know if anyone could help me out, i have been having some pain, like cramping but it usually lasts only 30 seconds to a minute, and its sharper. but i went to my doctor and asked if it was my kidneys, gall bladder, or anything like that, i had a catscan and ultrasound, but not of anything near my uterus. Could i possibly be pregnant?
Ive also been really tired, moody, and nauseous. I also thought i had my period, but it was lighter than my normal one and lasted only 3 days rather than 6.
|

replied April 19th, 2012
I had a question and wanted to know if anyone could help me out, i have been having some pain, like cramping but it usually lasts only 30 seconds to a minute, and its sharper. but i went to my doctor and asked if it was my kidneys, gall bladder, or anything like that, i had a catscan and ultrasound, but not of anything near my uterus. Could i possibly be pregnant?
Ive also been really tired, moody, and nauseous. I also thought i had my period, but it was lighter than my normal one and lasted only 3 days rather than 6.
|
12 >>