Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Nipple Sensitivity

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am a 20 yr old female. I've never had breast augmentation or anything or the sort. In fooling around w/ my boyfriend it has come to my attention that I have no sensitivity in my nipples or areola. I dont know if my bf is touching them unless i'm watching. I tried experimenting by touching objects to my nipples to see if I could feel them but I cant. Is this normal? I"m worried that there might be something wrong. I know that I miss out on any pleasure that I could derive from my bf's attentions, but could this effect breast feeding one day too?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Some people just aren't sensitive in that area. I'm not. I usually can't even feel it either and I don't know unless I see it!Lol. I suppose it sucks because we get nothing out of them being played with, but since I never really had feeling there it really doesn't bother me.
I doubt it would affect breastfeeding. Just because they aren't sensitive doesn't mean they don't work properly.
|

replied March 1st, 2008
yo tambien!
I am a 16yr old girl. I also have this problem!! I find it very embarassing :/ It could be 10degrees outside and I could be naked (just an exaggeration lol) and not get hard, or feel a thing! It produces an awkward situation, a guy almost expects a hard nipple, and unless I speak up and say somthing, he assumes I am not turned on. But i always am!
I have done a bit of research. It could be a Sexual Arousal Disorder. If you were abused in your childhood or suffered trauma when you were younger that could effect this. I am not abused, I believe mine comes from seasonal depression and hypothyroidism (an underactive thyriod) which both have been linked to little or no nipple sensitivity, also if you do not become 'wet' easily you could also have a SAD.
I hope this helps you!!
|