Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Feeling Cold During Pregnancy, Brrrrr (Page 1)

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Hi everyone,

everything I read about pregnancy symptoms says that most women get warm duirng pregnancy b/c their body temperature rises a bit. Well, i'm having the opposite problem. I'm about 6 weeks pg and i'm sooo coooold. I walk outside in the 70 deg sunshine and I need a jacket. My arms and legs are freezing. I feel like i'm living in a refrigerator. I'm shivering all the time. Does anyone else have this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jsaltsman
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Weird! Nope!
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Yes! I have been experiencing that too. I am constantly getting goosebumps and the chills. I am 5 weeks pregnant, and I have no idea if it is normal or not, but besides that, the only weird thing going on with my body is really sore boobs.
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Thanks. I've got an appt w/ the ob tomorrow. They already took blood, so I should be getting my test results back - i'll check on the iron and ask about why i'm freezing all the time
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Hi cleosmom, i'm also about 5 or 6 weeks along, and i've been having the same problem. I'm just wondering what you found out from the doctor. Iron is a good guess, I never thought of that. Any info you can share would be great!
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
This topic is a year old. I don't think she'll be responding.
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Anemia
The first thing that came to my mind was .Anemia. So ask your .Dr about your red blood count. They might prescribe some iron supplements for you.
I was comfy in my temp. Until about 4 months...Then I started sweating like a man!! Lol...It's not that bad, but it got worse. The bigger I get, the more I sweat. Dr. Says it's the baby's added body heat with mine. Plus, we're breaking records down here in .New .Orleans with the heat. It's already topped 90, and that was in the beginning of .April!!

Let us know!!

Sarah
|

replied March 20th, 2009
cold
im freezing all the time please someone why is this? im about 6weeks
|

replied April 15th, 2009
cold too
I'm at 7 weeks and I've been VERY cold. When not pregnant my temperature is pretty low anyway and hot weather drives me nuts. But, being pregnant I would expect to be a little warmer, but I'm very cold most the time. I have a very small window for comfort. If it gets to a certain temp, I start sweating.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Hi bow and beebeesimmons
hi guys, i'm the same! i'm 7 weeks along and have been freezing for the last 2 weeks- but when i finally get warm- i feel too hot!
i think it may have something to so with the extra body fluid and blood circulating- dilating the blood vessels-(vasodilation) therefore exposing more blood to be cooled by the outside temp.Ive been feeling very hungry and light headed a bit, and my heart is certainly beating faster. Maybe you guys have naturally low blood pressure like myself too? Despite my theory- it has been freezing 2 degree mornings i might add. xo
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Freezing
We're not Guys, if we were we wouldn't be pregnant.
Second yeah, I always freeze during my first trimester, it's normal
|

replied November 24th, 2012
cold whilst preggers
Lol you "guys" are funny lol ya I'm in my first month and I've been so cold as well Iwas anemic my first pregnancy and this is my 4th...... and Idont recall being cold before when Iwas anemic?
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
c..c..cold!
Uhg..I am around 16 weeks and I am cold ALL the time too. I always have been the one with the sweater no matter what and I was looking forward to feeling warmer with the baby - but nope! It seems worse. Blood pressure was 'good-low' and has been dropping predictable as I progress - is this why? Vasodilatation? Last weekend we went for a bike ride in nice, late spring temps and as soon as we stopped and I started cooling down I felt hypothermic in 70 degree weather. My husband thought I was nuts.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
I was on another site and saw that Hypothyroidism may hve an affect on your body temperature during pregnancy. I am going to get with my dr. to find out more.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
Cold and Pregnant
I'm 20 weeks. I've been freezing since the beginning. I am the same way - small window of about 2 degrees and I'm either over hot or FREEZING. I'm not cold to the touch, most of the time i just feel cold from the inside.
I haven't asked my DR yet, but all the women I go to tell me "just wait - you'll be HOT"... hasn't happened...
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Brrr...
I am about 6 weeks and have been freezing for 2 days now. I went to take a nap in my car today (utter annihilation of anything even resembling a shard of energy is another of my favorite symptoms) and was freezing, even as I realized that after about 45 minutes I was having trouble breathing, so it was probably pretty hot in my windows-up car. If you follow the news at all, you will know that the fact I live in Dallas makes this particularly strange. It's close to 100 degrees outside today!! I'm going to bring it up to my doctor tomorrow. It's so frustrating. Like some others who posted said, there is very little comfort zone. Either I'm shivering or I'm sweating.
|

replied July 6th, 2009
ah - so many of us suffering the same thing, but no answers from the Dr's yet! I am 7 weeks pregnant and sooo cold, it feels like I am sickening for something and yet I do not have a fever! What with feeling cold and suffering morning sickness, I am looking foward to feeling better soon Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2009
Hi,
I'm also 7wks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I've been feeling so cold all the time too, i wonder what's wrong with me??? are we supposed to feel hot, but not cold??? This is my 2nd pregnancy and it's so wierd I don't have any symptoms except my sore boobs (but not so sore as the first time though), no tiredness, no morning sickness ....strange! Anyone is the same or have any explaination???
|

replied September 8th, 2009
freezing at 6.5 weeks
I'm 6.5 weeks with my 3rd baby, I'm 41, freezing all the time, esp in the afternoon and evening. It's the end of summer and I'm wearing sweats and sweatshirt around and still freezing! A little nausea in afternoon and evening, otherwise, sore boobs and feel great otherwise! In fact, I'm not as tired as last 2 babies. I try to rest more when able and that seems to help. I see my MD on Friday hopefully he will have some answers for me!
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Cold for 2 weeks now!
@thivet:

I am exactly the same! Sometimes I'm tired (but not SUPER tired), I'm a little sore (but not much), and I'm not nauseous. I am, however, FREEZING! I had very strong stomach pains off and on for a while, but they are very infrequent now. Sounds like this is all normal.
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Hi i am 6 weeks now and this is my 3rd pregnancy. This is way different. I am freezing cold and then sweating after that. I went to the ER just to check and they say it's just the pregnancy..but i feel very uncomfortable..i wonder if someone find something about this..
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
It's great to hear that what I'm going through is common. I'm 5 weeks and so very cold. No morning sickness, but feel nausious, tired and extremely sore breasts.
|