Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

fluttering under the rib cage / pulsating , vibrating feelin (Page 1)

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
Hi I am 22 yrs old female , I am new to this site / I am wondering if anyone has experienced fluttering under there rib cage ? Like a pulsating , vibrating feeling hard to describe ! It is under my left side , ive had it for 2 days no break yet , has anyone had it ? And if yes what was it ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper msramopo82
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
oh my goodness.
I am also a 22 year old female having the same thing under the left side of my rib cage. Looking on google for what it may be, this is the only thing I have found talking about the same exact problem. I've been having this for 6 days now and it comes and goes about every 30 to 40 minutes at random times. When I put my hand on the spot I can feel it Vibrate and I have never felt anything so odd. Can ANYONE tell me what this is?
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
I think it may have something to do with either your lung or diaphram catching on your rib cage - which is completly normal. Sometimes it can also be sharp sudden pain if its really stuck. There isn't anything you can do for it as far as I know. And it isn't serious.
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
I am 25 and am having the same problem on the left side. I usually only notice it when I am lying down on my stomach. It's not painful enough to make me worry, but I am curious if it has something to do with my period b/c I've noticed this happening a few days before my period starts for the last few months.
|

replied May 29th, 2010
fluttering sensation under left rib cage
so crazy i have had the fluttering for about two weeks now off and on under the left rib cage i am 28 not painful buy definately catches your attentionwhen i take a deep breath i am fine but as soon as the breathe is gone i feel the flutter it happens every few minutes to me i hate i am freaking out so that definately makes it worse please if anyone knows what it is tell me i dont have insurance or even money to go to the doctor to find out it is nothing thanks a million
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
fluttering sensation under left rib
I am 19 year old f and got in a car crash 7 months ago.. i had a small tear in my spleen but i stayed in the hospital for 5 days until i was fine. ever since then, i have been having this weird fluttering feeling under my left rib cage .. i really notice it before going to bed! it doesn't hurt enough to make me worry allot but its annoying.. i went and had another ct scan and the docotrs said i was ok! and good. but why do i get this weird fluttering moving sensation that happens to be right where my spleen is!!! so strange... any thoughts>?

x
|

replied August 24th, 2010
not normal!
The most common cause of a pulsating sensation in the upper abdomen is an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Call your doctor right away for a ultrasound or CT.
|

replied October 6th, 2010
Fluttering rib
I am 22 and I noticed the same exact feeling on the left rib a little before where the ribs come together (the bottom part of the sternum). It only happens I noticed when I eat my food fast or eat Wendy's/highly fattening or greasy foods. I doesn't hurt to breathe and I can't fix it if I inhale and exhale.It sort of feels like that tingly feeling you get when you sit on your foot for too long.
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2010
i am 21 turning 22 in a few months, and i get this too. when i asked a doctor about it, he told me it was probably just muscle spasms and that i shouldnt worry too much because apparently at our age "were not done shaping inside for child birth". *gasp* i think he might be a little off his rocker but, i never really put much more thought into it than a muscle spasm.
|

replied November 1st, 2010
I am only sixteen years old, and when this fluttering happened to me it weirded me out a lot i even got my friend to put her hand there to feel it, it happens to me every ten seconds for three seconds long, and i too noticed it while i was laying down. doesnt make sense to me to be a muscle spasm because of the consitent time. i heard it could have to do something with the heart. i suffer from a murmur any one else have heart problems in this boat??
|

replied January 14th, 2011
WOW, looks like I am the first male to actually post on here, but I started having this same exact feeling a few days ago. The flutter seems to last 2-4 seconds, and comes and goes at different times, could happen every 2-3 minutes, or vanish awhile then come back. As stated, I am not a female, I am a 37 year old male, and have been trying to find information on what this is or what causes it. There is no pain with it, and it just randomly started. I am a diabetic, but don't really see how that can be the cause seeing that others on here are not diabetic, and are females. Any information would be great,as stated, this does not hurt, but is very annoying.
|

replied September 14th, 2011
I am a male 41 and have similar flutter. It is absolutely weird, and it is visible too. For me flutter is in the back near right rib cage. Actually I remember that flutter had started near trapezius area first and then went in the back.
|

replied February 1st, 2011
fluttering below my right rib cage
I am 32 and for the last 2 1/2 weeks, I have had fluttering sensations on and off below my right rib cage. I have my tubes tied, but my cycle is late.Can anyone please tell me what this is?
|

replied July 15th, 2011
I am only 14 n jst resently i have been feeling like a vibration on my left rib cage. I has been happening on and off again mostly when i am sitting down. I am just confused on what this is. Its freaking me out a bit so any answeres will help.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Stomach fluttering
I'm a 21 year old female. Recently found out I have an inflammed stomach and am on medication. Ever since I've started feeling this same fluttering movement right below the right side of my ribcage. It seems to happen more often when I am sitting down, or standing up being still. What is this? And should I call and tell my doctor...?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
I have the exact same symptoms. . Ditto.
I have the exact same symptoms. . Ditto.
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
I am 22 and have started having the same problem at first I thought it might just be gas or pregnant. But im starting to worry because it happens almost everynight and I'll be laying here thinking go away lol!! And if anyone of you have ever had a baby I think the fluttering feels like it does when your pregnant I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks that but when the first time I ever felt it I was like crap I don't need another baby now but after reading all this I don't know knows what's going on someone plz give us releef forms this!!
|

replied August 6th, 2012
It is like the flutter you get in pregnancy! I was freaking at 1st then thought its way to high up to be baby flutters!
|

replied December 5th, 2011
Fluttering under left rib
I am 21 years old and have had 2 kids, and I have that feeling under my left rib, but it feels like it did when my kids would kick, and I as well have noticed it around my period and mine doesn't hurt just feels awkward when i lay on my right side, but when i stretched today it hut my whole side.
|

replied May 1st, 2012
Fluttering under my left rib/ breast!
Well I am 36, and i have the same issue, left side fluttering, feels like a baby kicking or moving around under my left breast in the rib area! I have stomach issues, and I have always assumed it is something related to that, but it sure is weird feeling! It's been going on for awhile with me, but tonight it is so intense I can even see the movement like if it were a baby moving around, but I know I am not pregnant!
|

replied December 14th, 2012
Pulsating Sensation
I have been feeling a strong pulse in my left side. It is located right next to my left rib cage. It comes and goes, and does not hurt. I also have noticed a since of fullness and have been very bloated. I have a small pain when I lay on my back. Its more uncomfortable than anything. I have not had any sort of appitite at all. My obgyn told me about a month ago that I had IBS, however, I have never felt this "pulse" before. When I put pressure on the pulsing spot I can feel that it is pulsing at the same pace as my heartbeat. Occasionally I feel like it moves, but not far, just a slight movement. Is this something I should be worried about? I have read up on blogs, from people with the same symptoms, and have started to worry. I just want to know if I need to see a doctor asap, or if this can wait till my next check up. These symptoms have only been noticeable for two days.
|

replied October 26th, 2013
Pulsating below left rib cage?
I am a 33 yr old female and I get this same feeling (pulsating, like a baby kick) under my rib cage on the left side. Ive had it before (over the past couple years on and off) but after checking it on webmd (I am a regular on that site) but this symptom never seemed to bother me enough to look it up. Now all I see are results saying its an aortic whatever. All these posts are about the same question. Does anyone know of a site other than webmd that has any answers?? HELP PLEASE!!!
|

replied December 11th, 2013
Fluttering, Pulsating
I'm a 45 male and also get the same symptoms, It is quite scary like it's never gonna go away! I also get Palpitations and panic attacks, I recently had a blood test that came back absolutely fine and am now waiting to have a 24hr ECG, I am under quite a bit of stress what with moving and not being very happy in my life @ the moment so I am just putting it down to that and so am trying to take more exercise (walking is good!!!) and eat less salt sugar & fats! I've just read that it could be the "Abdominal aortic Aneurysm" and so I'm now waiting to speak to my GP about this!!! Good Luck Rx
|
12 >>