Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Doctor Question.

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am having a hard time finding the answer to this question. Hopefully, someone knows for sure. I have a Dr. In illinois that has been treating my broken back for years. I am on pain meds. I went thu so much to get back to where I could work and deal with the pain, but now have moved to florida. I do not want to go thru the process of interviews. Meetings and plain going thru the b.S. With a new doctor again. Can your primary doctor be out of state? Can they still prescribe my medications to me? I know my insurance puts them out of network which is fine. My biggest concern is losing someone who has treated me for 6 years. Thanks all for any insight here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
It is the doctor's discretion if he wants to prescribe to you without seeing you in the office. There is no reason that he cannot prescribe to you. Have you asked your previous doctor if he can recommend anyone where you now live? He may have gone to school with someone who is located there or gone to a conference and met them there. Ask him, he might actually know someone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply