Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Natural Herb Vitex Question!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi! My name is jacqui and this is my first time using this forum. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for apprx 3 years. Doctor says my irregular cycles are the cause.

I recently started taking vitex (chaste tree herb) after much research. It assists with irregular cycles, pms, etc. Numerous clinical trials also indicate its positive effects for infertility. Vitex has a balancing effect on the hormones and is particularly helpful for increasing progesterone.

Since I am new in starting this substance I wanted to know if there was anyone out there that has conceived as a result of taking vitex or other natural herbs?

Thank you,
jacqui :)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile LGK616
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2005
Experienced User
Nope sorry.. But I would like to learn more about it since I am suffering from irregular menustration and my husband and I have been trying to concieve after a miscarriage since january of this year.

Can you pm me some of the information. Did you take to your doc about these herbs? Are they fda apporved?? I would love to learn more about it!!!!
|

replied April 8th, 2005
Vitex
I have used vitex in the past. I have also done a lot of research on herbs, vitex is a favorite!! It works best when taken for extended periods of time, (a year or more), so lots of people don't like it. (most want a quick fix) herbs are not evaluated by the fda as medications, they are listed as foods, so be careful. Your best resource is your local health food store, ask questions and get books. If nothing else it doesn't seem to cause any harm, so i'd say go for it.
One other note, most herbs tend to be expensive, so ask around and find the best value.

Good luck!!
Hope this helps.
Shannon
|

replied April 9th, 2005
Thanks for your replies. Shannon, did you get pregnant as a result of taking vitex?

Whole foods has a herb book that has helpful information on vitex. I found out that women have been taking it for over 100 years...Especially in asia and europe. This is my second month taking it and so far so good. I got my cycle (a normal cycle) last month, not exactly on the day it was due but nevertheless it was there. I feel better and I just hope that even if it gets my cycles on track it would be worth it.

Our goal is to conceive by the end of the year...That is our prayer.

Thanks again!
|

replied May 31st, 2011
vitex worked for me
I took Vitex 2000 mg daily for about a month and a half then went down to 1500 mg for a month and to a 1000 mg the past month when I found out that I am pregnant. It takes a few months to build up in your body so I jump started with the highest dose initially. Do not take the maximum dose in subsequent months or it could have the opposite effect and prevent pregnancy. Before Vitex I could not conceive for 7 years with 4 different men 3 of whom are now fathers. Then I conceived my first child with the help of Clomid and after 3 years of trying on my own I decided to try Vitex because I am scared of the side effects of Clomid. Also, the First Response pregnancy test did not show a positive until I was already 46 days pregnant. So much for its claim that you can test 6 days before your missed period ( my periods are regular at 30-32 days)
|

replied September 26th, 2012
Vitex
I been trying to get pregnant for almost 4years nothing so far nothing, I am extremely irregular I've gone almost a year without my period. I'm really interested in taking vitex but I can't seem to find it with the same mg as yours. Where do you buy it?
|

replied April 9th, 2005
Innchik18, I have not informed my doctor since the last time I saw her (january). Ever since I started my cycles (teens) they have been irregular. Doctors run blood work and say everything is good.

I have read that doctors do not prescribe herbs because they are not considered a 'drug'. But research has shown that they are just as effective and man made drugs. I hope vitex works for me. :)
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Vitex
My main problem is sustaining a pregnancy once it starts. We've had 2 miscarrages that we know of in the last 4 1/2 years. It is difficult for us to get pregnant also, but losing them is the hardest thing.
The book I have (one of many, but a fav and easy to read) is herbal healing for women by rosemary gladstar. In it, it says, " vitex will always enable what is appropriate to occur." p.257.
I have to confess that I don't take meds well and tend to forget to take them, so I don't know if vitex helped or not.
An aside, most mds look down on herbs in general, so most arent receptive to their patients taking herbs.

Good luck
shannon
|

replied April 13th, 2005
My mother in law is taking vitex, I found our yesterday, for her 'premenopause stage'. Her research has shown that it is known to assist with her conditions...I guess time will tell for me.

I hope that your desire to have children will come true and I have faith that the lord hears our prayers.

Jacqui
|

replied May 15th, 2005
Vitex
Dear all,

i have also done some reading about vitex. Here is some info if you are ttc:
to regulate ovulation and aid in the release of leutenizing hormone (lh) vitex should only be taken after ovulation occurs till the start of the menstrual period. For other hormonal conditions such as estrogen dominance or pmt symptoms vitex may be taken every day of the cycle other than during menstruation.

Anybody who has tried it, I would love to hear experiences as I haven't taken any yet.

Thanks,

shaman
|

replied January 31st, 2009
vitex
hi there,
i have been experiencing irrigular period for the past 11/2years and was almost going crazy. however, i have started taking the herb vitex for the past few days and i hope to take clomid in conjuction with this one i lay my hands on it. i am 38yrs and not have any kid, am hopefull that one day i will get pregnant with all these interventions. i want to thank everyone out there who has been very encouraging, i pray and wish you all best of luck.

littledrop
|

replied May 1st, 2009
fertilaid for womem
i herad that fertilaid for women is very helpful. has anyone tried it. a friend of mine told me it help her in getting pregnant.
can i hear from someone else if they have tried it.
|

replied July 15th, 2009
I am 27 years old and have one child a six year old son. I have been with my childs father for seven years and we have tried since my son was 4 to get pregnant again with no luck. I do not have insurance at the time so checking into fertility is pretty much impossible. I do not have regular periods and never have. The only time that I have was when I was on the pill for them three for years after my son, which surprises me that I actually got pregnant with him. I recently started taking vitex and l-arginine. The same ingredients that are in Fertility meds at GNC. The guy there said that it is a sure fix for irregular periods and balancing out hormones. I will write back and let everyone know how it works. I know it is hard when you want to be a mother and you haven't been able to have one or more after one. Don't give up!! Good luck and God bless!!!
|

replied February 10th, 2010
mimi mum
same case for me but i don't think vitex will work quickly u need a long time to benefit from it
|

replied February 18th, 2010
I started taking Vitex three weeks ago. I noticed that after two weeks of taking 1200mg that I ovulated, and sure enough I just found out today that I as pregnant!! Vitex is amazing. Good luck ladies
|

replied February 20th, 2010
congratulations hope it will work for all
|

replied April 10th, 2010
Vitex
i started vitex a week ago and already it is working for me.. i have PCOS and due to that i have hormonal inbalances, and cysts that mess everything up. I did not get wet for the longest time due to this, and a week after starting it im getting wet again. So excited and so happy i could cry. I would reccomend this to everyone, but everyones body is different and you need to have patience for vitex to work all of its magic. So be patient it will work. But if your impatient I heard fertilaid is so great and works like the 1st or 2nd month!
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Hello all,

I have read many wonderful thing regarding Fertilaid. I began taking it 3/9/10. I have always had regural cycles and ovulate just can't seen to get preg. Fetilaid has delayed my cycle. Not sure what is going on. I have continued to take it but as of today I am 12 days past my due cycle date and not pregnant. We'll see good luck to everyone.
|

replied April 19th, 2010
Vitex
I started taking vitex about a month and a half ago but I stopped after three weeks just kept forgetting to take it but my hubby and I have been ttc for maybe a year now but as of today I am three weeks late I haven''t taken a tes yet but most likely I will tomorrow keep your fingers crossed for me we arereally hoping for a BFP! And there was another person on here that wanted to take clomid with vitex you are NOT suppose to take them together I think they cancel each othe out hope this helps !
|

replied May 8th, 2010
vitex regulated cycles
I have pcos, endometrosis and take metformin 1000mg daily. I started vitex back in march for the first 3 weeks of each cycle and stop when i get my period and have gone from a 60 day cycle to a 29 day cycle in april. I had heavier and longer periods but at least im getting them ,fingers xx to all the ladies give it a go.
|

replied June 15th, 2010
Hi, Can someone please tell me what quantity is one supposed to take vitex? Also, when can we take it and when should we stop taking it? I have pcos and just figured it out 2 weeks ago..didnt know till now..and I am trying to fall pregnant...

Thanks,
Sandra
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Has anyone become pregnant while using Fertilaid? Which one would you recommend : Vitex or fertilaid?

Thanks for your help
|
12 >>