Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Headache Now For 4 Weeks Straight...

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had a constant, nagging headache, of varying intensity, for the past 4 weeks. I am only 17 years of age, and seems awkward that I should have any kind of serious headache problems. I do believe I have migraine as well, as my mom has it, and on the weekends, whenever I sleep in, even if that means 9 hours of sleep as I typically only get 6 or 7 hours of sleep every weeknight, I end up with a nasty headache almost all day. Recently I read that oversleep is a common trigger of migraine.
That would make sense.
And it tends to overlap with whatever I have been getting for the past 4 weeks, to make on nasty of a headache.

This headache I have had, as I said, varies in intensity, but it's never extremely severe, but sometimes dibilitating when I am at work to where I am easily confused.
Quite often I am hungry yet food doesn't sound appetizing.
No medicine has worked. Some seem to help bring the pain down a little bit. But I have taken tylenol, ibuprofen, excedrin, and my doctor prescribed midrin (pretty much tylenol with extra ingredients to help against migraines).

This headache, has not once been gone in the past 4 weeks.
I have seen my doctor 3 times now, had a blood test, and recently had x-rays taken of my neck and sinuses. Everything came back completely normal.
Doc is now moving in the direction of having a cat (ct) scan done.
I am afraid that it will show up negative, and all we will be left with is a big bill (even after insurance) and back to square one.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2005
Headache Now For 4 Weeks Straight...
Good luck but I have had my headache for 29 years. Continuous. I would suggest a cat scan, and then if that is clear proceed to alternative remedies - chiropractic, acupuncture - that type of thing. And also - I have found soluble aspirin more effective that paracetamol & migraine tablets.
|

replied April 5th, 2005
Head Ache For 4 Weeks Straight
I always seem to have a lingering headache sometimes it is really bad other times it just hangs around. Mine are usually due to eating sweets. I love chocolate and when I eat too much or eat chocolate cake I get an intense headache! This week I had the worst headache that hovered just over my left eyebrow for about 3 days. It was that bad that I felt like I would throw up. Anyway, my sister, who gets really bad miagranes, told me to drink a shot of really strong expresso coffee because the caffiene helps get rid of it. I took her advice and it worked like a treat. A doctor told me once that ginger drinks and apple juice also help. Good luck!!
|

replied April 6th, 2005
Head Ache For 4 Weeks Straight
Yes - have found caffeine works a treat with migraines. Also coke. In fact - I keep some on hand for emergencies - instead of sipping lemonade or tea at recovery stage. I have also found that expensive european chocolate doesn't trigger my migraines at all, and that cheap normal chocolate does. And also aspirin can keep an attack away sometimes.
|

replied April 6th, 2005
No need to tell me about caffeine. Lol
caffeine freak right here. Lol
i cannot drink straight espresso (not from my cheap machine at least), but once a week I will put 4 of those small cups (double-shots I believe) into a 20oz cup, some milk, and lots of sugar. Wakes me up all right. :)

yea, will be going to get a cat scan done next week. After that, move on to a neurlogist. I thank you all for your help. Hopefully someone along the way of the many people I will likely visit will find an effective treatment.
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Hey mfranklin!

I am also suffering from a constant headache that never subsides. After I wake up in the morning, it doesn't really bother me too much, but it seems to get worse as the day continues. It's never really severe...Just very annoying and feels like pressure, sometimes tingly. It's mostly in the back of my head (both sides) and the very top of my head. I went to the doc, and he did an x-ray of my neck. He suspects that my headache is a tension headache due to neck strain (something about the curvature of my cervical spine suggested strain). He gave me a muscle relaxer to take at night to see if that helps with the strain and in turn the headache. So far no improvement. I don't know what's worse...The nagging headache or constantly worrying that it's something more serious. Go on and get the ct scan for peace of mind! I've never had a headache that simply won't go away with any meds i've tried. And constantly thinking about it doesn't make it any better. Good luck to you!
|

replied April 14th, 2005
Headache Relief
The majority of headaches in this world today are due to stress-induced clenching and grinding of your teeth. The muscles in your temple area and neck are affected the most. These can cause migraines and headaches if overworked. I also suffered from headaches before I made myself one of these appliances. You have to get these made by an experienced dentist. I also have found out that magnesium depletion is a big factor in the cause of headaches. The studies indicate that there is a reduction of ionized magnesium when headaches and migraines occur. hope this helps!!!!
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Should Try Astral Remedy
Dear brothers and sisters,

i too was a severe migraine patient, then I tried exercise, it helped to a great extend but not completely. Later I sought astral remedy namely astrological advise. From the astral perspective whoever's ascendent lord, mars, sun is weak or afflicted in the natel chart or if the ascendent is occupied by a malefic then that person has a high chance of getting migraine. In my case I had a malefic in my ascendent and afflicting my mars, so I was suffering migraine, then I was advices to remedy such as prayers with mantra, yoga postures and prayanama, gem-stone and colour therapy. Now I would say that I have cured almost 90% and sometime exspeacially during fullmoon or during no-moon I can get a very mild migraine feeling but not for long and not severe. So those out there who is suffering from this pain, there is still a cure, permenent cure.

I wish you all luck and may all of you get a permenent remedy.

regards

ravi
|

replied May 16th, 2005
Should Try Astral Remedy
Dear brothers and sisters,

i too was a severe migraine patient, then I tried exercise, it helped to a great extend but not completely. Later I sought astral remedy namely astrological advise. From the astral perspective whoever's ascendent lord, mars, sun is weak or afflicted in the natel chart or if the ascendent is occupied by a malefic then that person has a high chance of getting migraine. In my case I had a malefic in my ascendent and afflicting my mars, so I was suffering migraine, then I was advices to remedy such as prayers with mantra, yoga postures and prayanama, gem-stone and colour therapy. Now I would say that I have cured almost 90% and sometime exspeacially during fullmoon or during no-moon I can get a very mild migraine feeling but not for long and not severe. So those out there who is suffering from this pain, there is still a cure, permenent cure.

I wish you all luck and may all of you get a permenent remedy.

regards

ravi
|

replied October 25th, 2010
I am only 13 and i have had a headache for 4 weeks i have been in and out of the hospital. no medicine has worked and now the is a lump on my forehead,i can feel the edges.and i am sort of scared. can this lump be a tumor?
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2010
Experienced User
Id like to know what happened!
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
4 week "complicated": migraine
I'm entering my 4th week of a migraine. I was diagnosed by a neurologist with a "complicated migraine." Took a CAT scan which came back negative, now I'm getting an MRI tomorrow. Seeing an eye doctor soon as well
The headache has lessened in severity, but it's still there, hanging around, occasionally causing soreness/pain on one side of my head and face (face used to be numb) I'm 21, and trying to stay away from drinking until the pain is gone.
I've found Celestial Seasonings, "tension tamer" tea to be of great help, lemon grass is great for headaches, also the lavender dream tea at Teavana. They help the pain, just like a tylenol would, but don't knock it out for good.
I just want life to go back to normal. Hopefully We'll find the problem soon...couldn't imagine having this pain for another 4wwks! Headaches longer than 3-5days are a sign of something serious, idc what anyone says.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
Hi, i have had the same problem. Does your pain move around your head, like sometimes it is only on the right side, and sometimes it is on the left side, or even all around? Cause that is what mine is like. Mine has also varied in pain (2-8)on a 1-10 scal. And i have taken so many different pain medications, tylenol, excedrin, motrin, vikaden, naproxan, advil, and asprin, nothing has worked.
Usually when i wake up it is not that bad but going through the day, it gets worse. And sometimes im not hungry, but i just dont want to eat. I also get nausa.
I am only 16, and lately i just have had no motivation to do anything (even hanging out with my friends). I have missed school, because i just am so exhuasted from this headache that is about the 4 1/2 week mark.
I have seen two different docotors, and one of them was a neurologist. I have given blood, and next wednesday i am about to have a CAT scan. i am a little worried. Because all the doctor has told me is that the only thing that he found wrong is that i have a heart murmmer. (its easier to hear my heart on the right side of my brain, rather then the left side). but this heart murmmer is not causing my headaches.
If you have any suggestions, whether it is how to get rid of this headache or anything, i would love to know. Please respond Smile
|

replied October 10th, 2013
Help!
Someone please help me i had really bad headaches for about 2-3months not gone i went to the doctor & all my bloods are fine i am freaked out that it can be more serious but apprently nothing like that is inherted could it be stress or strain? I am working myself up to much im going for a CT scan to check if everythings ok please would you reply & give some advice it does come back & go every now & then im 17yrs my mum & doctors saying theres nothing to worry about but i keep trying to re-assure myself & ontop of that im really paranoid
Can someone please reply thanks!
|