Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Period-like Cramping In Week 5 (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi all -

i am new to the board and I am glad that I found it. The posts that I have read so far are ver helpful. It always feels better to know when there are other people going through what you are and that you are not alone!
I have been officially diagnosed as 5 weeks pregnant (by hpt and blood work). My husband and I are thrilled, this is our second baby. We have a 3 year old daughter already. My question is, I am having period-like cramping. It is not cramping in my abdominal area, but in my pelvic area. Could anyone help as to whether or not this is normal or if any of you have experienced this and gone on past the 'miscarriage danger zone'? Thanks!!!

Christine
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper katiesmomrbny
|
Users who thank katiesmomrbny for this post: aweigl 

replied April 7th, 2005
Hello
i am 5 weeks pregnant today, april 7, and thats all I have been feeling is crampy. I woke up this morning having really bad ones and then I peed and felt a little better, went back to sleep and woke up 2 hours later feeling a little better. I called my obgyn and she said it was pretty normal. Your uterus is contracting to expand for the baby to make its home so unless they are really severe, I guess its pretty normal.
Gl
kelly
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, yes!! Welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy where there are constant aches and pains.....The cramping is more than likely your uterus strecthing and making room for your little baby!
|

replied April 12th, 2005
I am feeling the same thing! The pain/ache is more in my lower back though. I am 4 weeks right now. Am nervous since I have miscarried before (never had this symptom though) but the doctor says to just relax and the aches and pains will be normal.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Relax and enjoy it. I know, easier said that done.
|

replied April 16th, 2005
Hi christina. Here is a great resource for ob questions. It clearly helps you determine if something is critical or not.

.Drspock.Com
god bless, a.C.
|

replied December 10th, 2008
helloooooooo
is there a medicine for a 12 yr. old girl to get shorter and lighter periods and make it stop feeling like your peeinggg?????????????????????????????????? ????????????
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Yes there is.
I am having major cramps when it comes to periods.
I went to see my doctor and she gave me this pills.
They are effective! I just need to pop one on my first day of periods and then the pain is just not felt much for the rest of the days.
It's called pontalon. I don't know if it is available in your area. Smile
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Oh great! :D
I'm very glad I came across this forum before I called my doctor. Razz

I'm about 4 weeks pregnant, and I've been having period like cramps! This forum makes me feel much better. Smile

Good luck with your pregnancies! ^^ Toodles! Very Happy
|

replied May 11th, 2009
possibly 5 weeks
period week late more like 8 days . experiencing mild cramps in lower abdomen , that come and go . also hungry eating everything that isn't nailed down . im irritable and sleepy . stomach feels bloated. experiencing weird cramps in my legs, pelvic area, and lower back .
|

replied May 20th, 2009
I am 4 weeks pregnant today and having the same symptoms..Cramps and a pulling feeling in my lower abdomen. After 2 calls to the doctor yesterday they have said as long as their is no bright red blood that the cramps are normal. I just went this morning to get my hcg level checked again so keep your fingers crossed for us...We have been trying for 2 years and had one misscarraige so the doctor is watching us closely.
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Experienced User
Oh wow, I was a little scared the past few days because I was also getting cramps. I am 5 weeks pregnant and I was scared I was losing the baby! I'm so glad that cramping is normal! Whew! Good luck to all of you!
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Thank goodness!
I started feeling the cramping last night. I've been reading other forums, and honestly, everybody has a lot to say about miscarriage! It has got me worried, so every new feeling I've had has brought on dread! I also had leg cramping (a few weeks ago, before i knew I was pregnant). I am about 5 weeks 6 days. Still haven't gone to the OB, but "patiently" waiting for my appointment!
|

replied May 26th, 2009
cramping
i am five weeks and 5 days and am also experiencing mild pain or cramping. Not enough to be really worried but enough to think whats that? Having had 1 miscarriage last year its really hard not to worry...
|

replied August 27th, 2009
irregular periods and leg cramps.
Please can someone help me out..? I'm 18 , I was on the Depo shot for 3 and half year..been off of it for a year or so now. i'm not on any birth control now..but i am sexually acctive we use a condom and he pulls out..however i did not have a period in june or july but in august i have had 3 i started on aug 3=9.09 then aug14=17.09 and aug22=29.09.i am having horrible cramps in my lower back and legs ..so bad that it hurts to walk or anything. my period is not heavy but its not regualar bleeding its a dark brownish redd and lots of clots. i'm not sure what it is or what it could maybe be...please help?
|

replied May 29th, 2013
You need estrogen! Go see ob-gyn. Take estrogen supplement for a week or two and then get on the pill to regulate your hormones!
|

replied October 23rd, 2009
I last had my period on the 7th of septemeber, i went to the hospital due to me havin some serious nose bleeds and the doctor asked me if there was a possibilty i could b preg i sed yea n he tested me two lines came up one fainter than the other. i think im about 4weeks gone n i feel like im gna cum on my period but nuthin. it is my 1st baby and im only 17, however i have the support off my b/f, my mum n dad n his side of the fam.
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
Hi, reading your posts has only made me more afraid. I'm abt 5 weeks pregnant and all was well until this morning when i started having severe cramping - as bad as my menstrual pains usually are. The scary part is that mine is accompanied by bleeding, not much but it's bright red . My husband is a doctor and says that an obgyn can't do anything for me at this stage cos its too early for an ordinary ultrasound to pick anything.pls what do i do? i don't want to lose my baby.
|

replied August 12th, 2010
Thanks
Thanks, I am 4 weeks pregnant and have had some cramping (mild) on the right side, and other parts of my stomach and lower back. I noticed when i sit the wrong way or bend over to much i get these cramps. I worry alot cause my first pregnacy ending in a D&C surgery when i was 3 months along. And i had cramping also with that one but it was much worse. Has anybody else had this kinda thing. Some times it feels like gas pains to. I am just looking for some answers so i know this is normal before i call my doctor with a million questions.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
No offense but your husband doesn't know what he's talking about. If I were u I would go to the nearest hospital. Regardless how early you are there are test that can be administered to see if your pregnancy is normal. The doctors will test your HCG levels which is a hormone that pregnant women produce. In a normal pregnancy your HCG levels will double every 48 hours. The hospital also have high tech sonogram machines where they can tell if the pregnancy is embedded in the uterus or else where. With the symptoms your having sounds like you might be having a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Good luck with everything and hope all is well.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Miscarriage or Ectopic Pregnancy
No offense but your husband doesn't know what he's talking about. If I were u I would go to the nearest hospital. Regardless how early you are there are test that can be administered to see if your pregnancy is normal. The doctors will test your HCG levels which is a hormone that pregnant women produce. In a normal pregnancy your HCG levels will double every 48 hours. The hospital also have high tech sonogram machines where they can tell if the pregnancy is embedded in the uterus or else where. With the symptoms your having sounds like you might be having a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Good luck with everything and hope all is well.
|

replied September 16th, 2010
im 5 weeks pregnant and im having bad cramping. Was mild for last 2 days but today it is a bit more painful.. I havnt had any bleeding, but it just feels like im going to come on my period. I have miscarried before, so i am quite frightened.
Everyone else seems to have cramps, but how bad are yours ?? Sad
|

replied September 20th, 2010
week five and wondering
I definitely am in the same boat! Five weeks and definite twinges in my lower abdomen. My mother said she often felt strong ones along her bikini line and those are definitely ligaments moving about.

Have any of you noticed other changes? I had that feeling of "fullness" a lot of women talk about for about ten days, but sometime yesterday I didn't really feel that anymore. It wasn't linked to anything direct; I just sort of felt mostly normal! Anyone else had symptoms go away?
|

replied October 21st, 2010
hey ladies!
im hoping i can get some insight.
im 19. im in a loving relationship and recently ive been convinced im pregnant. problem is, i cant get any answers.
i have extremely irregular periods. they are pretty hard to track. about 9 weeks or so, i had serious nausea and all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. of course, i took a home test and it came negative. thinking its too early i wait. ive taken 8. im getting negative. ive read lots of things. its not like ive wanted to get pregnant so its not wishful thinking. whatever the results are...just are and ill go from there.
i dont have insurance, so i cant go to the doctors. i feel like i need an ultrasound for a true answer. at clinics, i dont get the time or day because i dont have a positive. i still have that feeling inside that i am. i just dont want to mess up.
the only symptom i didnt have was the implantation bleeding.
thoughts?
thanks ladies!
|

replied November 2nd, 2010
I am 5 weeks, 5 days and am having some, at times, severe groin/pelvic pains, like a stabbing or pulling. I have been to the dr. twice and already had an U/S because I am very high risk. He said it should be okay - my HCG level is 33 and just got more bloodwork to ensure it is increasing. I am freaking out though! No bleeding.
|
12 >>