Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Multiple Illnesses

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I've been having a lot of things wrong with me, one of them is bv that i'm taking medication for...Another is a simple complication that a lot of women have and i'm not worried about....But a main concern is this infection I got after having a head cold. It's so bad, gives me terrible headaches and severe pressure in my ears that I can't pop on my own, and it's making me go deaf in my left ear and it started in my right one now too. I think I might be slowly healing on my own, but i'm worried if an infection goes un-treated, if it'll just get worse and permanently damage my hearing, or if the only meds for it can hurt the baby? I'm about 19 weeks now. Any suggestions on if I should spend money for possibly harmful medication or see if i'll heal on my own??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 29th, 2005
Sherry you need to go and see your doc.. This sounds like a middle ear infection and should be treated with some antibiotics. As you are all ready on them for the b.V. You may need a different kind to deal with both.. Make sure that when you are on antibiotics you eat some yogurt daily to keep up your good bactiera..
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Yeah, I keep up on drinking a lot of milk (love it with chocolate tho ^_^). I never was sure what kind of medication the bv stuff is......Nasty little pill. I'll be done with that one in a couple of days tho.....Now should I call my normal family dr or my ob?
|

replied March 30th, 2005
You only need to talk to your family doc.. But let him/her know that you are preg.
|