Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

My Right Side Some Times Hurts After Eating

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I don't know why, but only some times when I eat certain things this happens. Like if I eat two bowls of cold cereal then drink a bottle of water my right side hurts 10 minutes later and only lasts for like 5 minutes and its over. Or how about when I drink a can of pepsi with nothing else before or after my side hurts. Exercise seems to make the pain pass quicker. Even if its just jumping around the room movement helps the pain. My mom thinks my gallbladder could be starting to act up, but I don't know.

This is about a another but strange problem I have. When I eat heavy chocolate (ie small slice of heavily fudged cake) I always have to go to the bathroom later. Other times when I eat it i'm just fine. I can go the whole day and not go to the bathroom. I even wanted to test my limit one day so I ate another small slice of chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and didn't go to the bathroom that day.

My body is weird! Some times it does this and some times it doesn't do that.
|

replied March 27th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Sounds like normal processing to me. When you over indulge, you pay and when you don't, you don't pay.

If you feel as though it is serious, by all means necessary, go to the doctor for tests! Otherwise, I would not worry about it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi,
talking from my own personal experience with my bad gallbladder... If it was your gallbladder...Exercising would definitely not help it, it would probably make it hurt more. Greasy/oily, fatty foods would make your right side hurt by the lower rib cage....

If it keeps up & it bothers you--or gets worse I would definitely have it checked out by a Dr...

Blue
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Anonymous
Thanks for the replies!
|

replied May 18th, 2012
I know this is an old posting, but if the gallbladder pain is from sludge buildup in the gallbladder and not from gallstones, then exercise will help. Especially fast walking or jumping. The movement allows some of the bile to empty from the gallbladder helping to alleviate the pain.
|