Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

What Do All These Symptoms Mean?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
About three months ago I hit a pothole and my vision got very blurry. Since then my vision has stayed blurry, my left side of my face, neck , and sometimes my left arm has been tingling. I blackout, get light headed and throw up. My lower back and lips get numb or tingling at times. I have shooting pains all over my body. My hair is thining. The other day I couldnt move my arms very well. I have have balance issues at times. My thought process has been very slow as well. I am also very tired even with good sleep. I am normally a very healthy 26 year old. I work out daily. My Dr. Has run all the test and says I have nothing wrong with me except stress. I do not agree with him. What could all of this mean. Is it all in my head.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Maybe you shouls switch doctors and find somone else who cares more. The symptoms you have sound serious. They also sound like they are affecting your day- to day life. Go to a better Dr. Tell him firmly you believe something is wrong. Get the help you need. Then you can move on with your life. Good luck!!!!!!!!! :d :)
|

replied April 28th, 2005
Hmm...
Although I hate to say this, it sounds like some classic symptoms of eating disorders. Are you a healthy weight for your height? Do you eat well?

If thats definitly not an issue get a second opinion. See what another doctor says.

Good luck
fifi
|

replied May 8th, 2005
Experienced User
You pby have a concussion... See another doctor... But ur doctor might also be right about the stress factor.. It sounds an awful lot like stress after the event.. Post traumatic stress disorder... But then the tingly arms are kind of weird..

From a first aider's pov.. I would think you might have triggered some part in your brain... Maybe a bruise has formed inside ur skull and put pressure against a part of ur brain that make u get the tingly sensation...
|

replied September 19th, 2005
Ms?
Ever thought of multiple sclerosis (ms)?
Most common sign for ms is blurred vision which they call optical neuritis. Maybe have your eyes tested or ask ur doc about ms.
Or as much as I hate to say it, it could just be stress.
|