Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Could Be But I Couldnt

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok... Well, we've all had the "scare" once before and if you haven't yet, im sure you will but here's my story. I had sex for the first time approximately three months prior to now. Then, about three weeks ago, I had sex with and friend and it turns out that now im starting to get symptoms of possible pregnancy. I know symptoms rarely come up this fast (afterall we all know that three weeks is really soon for symptoms to pop up out of nowhere). The thing is, my stomach is starting to get bloated, gradually, my breasts are sore, and ive missed a period and have been extremely exhausted lately. There's really no chance that my friend could be the father. So it's more than likely my ex's (the one from three months ago). I've talked to my friend's mom about it and she said that she'd buy me a pregnancy test this friday but everybody's telling me that it's too risky and I can't wait til friday. So here's my main question I guess, do u honestly think that im pregnant... Or do u think that it's just hormonal imbalances being stressed and psyching myself out?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Wow I Know What Ur Saying
Hi im jordan and im going threw the same thing u are except I have had sex about 2 weeks ago and I have been reading books on pregnacy and all that and im having some symptoms that happen within the 1st 2 weeks so yes it can be possible
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Symptoms that occur within the first two weeks?? Hmm......I think maybe you should stop reading up on it and find out for sure or not if you even are. There is such a thing as "pyschological" pregnancy where your mind starts to convince your body that your having "pregnancy symptoms". If your late and you want to know for sure, then take a test. Sore boobs, and exhaustion could be anything.....Bloating won't occur untill at least like 6 or 7 weeks in.....
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
See, the thing is, if I am... Im 12 weeks into it... At least...
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
At 12 weeks you should deffinatly know if you are or not. Because if u are, you need to be being seen to by a doctor. And be taking all your vitamins and stuff.

At three months preg. You should have missed three periods.

When I was preg. My boobs started geting sore at 6 weeks, around the time I started feeling ill in the morning - not that I was ever sick- and by the time I reached 12 weeks, my breasts wernt sore, I wasent feeling ill, and my hips had got wider, and I had a little podge on my tummy- I just looked fay though not preg, I didnt start to show until I was about 20 weeks.

My advice is ro take a preg. Test as soon as, because if u are u need to be having blood tests and scans and stuff, to make sure the baby and you are healthy.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You have to take the test your body can act like that for too many different reasons and the only way to determine pregnancy is thru a test
|