Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy Advice Plsss

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey guys, I have a bunch of questions, that I wish I could get as precise answers as possible, or if you have any other suggestions/solutions pls share too:

well, my girlfriend is a virgin. We kind of had sex on the 21st. By kind of, I mean I didn't go all the way in. However, I didn't have a condom on, so I am quite alarmed about the idea of having unsafe sex. My girlfriend hasn't taken any pills, or whatsoever either. What I am worried about is the problem of "constant" leaking from my body that could have gone into hers. As I said, she is still a virgin, and I don't think going in a little bit would have "made her not a vergin anymore" e.G. Broken whatever needs to be broken. However, due to the fact of possible leak, I don't really know how dangerous that would be to get her pregnant. I didn't cum into her or any of that. Howerver, I used my finger, and I don't know how this could have transferred "liquid"/semen ? How worried should I be (cause that's all I am right now), and what should I do? I've heard that "the morning after" pill could be taken within 2-3 days. My girlfriend, doesn't like that idea, though due to health problems. I myself am not very aware of the cons of this pill, or how and where to get it from either. Will it work? And what are its side effects? Will it mess up her monthly cycle, and will it cause future problems when she "wants" to become a mother?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Pregnancy Advice Plsss
Hey worried_dude, how are you doing?

Pre-cum sometimes contains sperm and could cause a woman to become pregnant if it gets in or near her vagina. However, the normal output or a healthy male is 300 million to 400 million spermatoza; half that number should be capable of making the long journey to the fallopian tube.

Yet, if a man's output is only 100 million and even though the sperm are healthy, the percentage of any of them reaching the egg is too small. Such a man is classified as sterile.

Secondly, it all centers around what you consider to be "virginity". The oxford english dictionary defines it as "an unmarried woman". Obviously the term has been altered and expanded the way in which we use it this day.

In many cultures the sign of virginity is the presence of a woman's hymen (a thin membrane within the vagina often broken during intercourse). Unfortunately, this has caused no end of anguish for women who had their hymen broken from other things such as gymnastics, horseback riding, or any number of other activities.

Some women are even born without a hymen. If your girlfriend have ever used a tampon, she have almost certainly at least stretched her hymen, if not broken it.

Best wishes,
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Will that morning after pill work? Should I "ask" her to take it? If so, will it have a negative sexual/health effect, disturb her cycle or anything else I should know about? How/what would be the danger of not being able to have children?

Thanks
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Thanks for the reply bkdaniels.

Do you have any suggestion on what would be the safest way of preventing a possible pregnancy in this case?

Thanks
|

replied March 24th, 2005
I Hope This Will Help.
First let me make one correction. The size of a tampon is not at all big enough to strecth a womans hymen and if you enter her at all there is a risk of her becoming pregnant especially depending on how close it was to her ovulation dates. And if you enter her even if it was for a breif moment and only at the tip that was enough to break the ymen because it is not that far from the tip of the vaginal opening. So I wish you the best of luck

and the morning after pill will only work within the first 48 hours after havin sex and you canget it from any health clinic. But it will throw off her cycles and cause severe cramps because it is in somany words going in and forcing the uterus to contract and discharge anything that may be in it. So good luck
|

replied March 24th, 2005
Pregnancy Advice Plsss
Hey worried_dude, how are you doing?

The percentage of any of them reaching the egg is too small. A pregancy test is the only sure most reliable way to determine the pregancy hormone.

Best wishes,
|