Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Questions...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey everyone...I got off of birth control about 4 months ago. (i was on the patch) 3 of those 4 months ago I was without a period. I figured it was due to me getting off of the patch.

On february 12th I got my period. It was a healthy, 5 day period. My fiance' and I were having unprotected sex throught the month of february and the beginning of march. Normally, my nipples are sore a week prior, I break out the week prior, and I have distinctive cramping. By march 11 there was no sign of my period. On march 12th, I woke up and there was a small amount of light pink on my toilet paper. I thought "amen"!! So I put a panti liner on to be prepared. Later that day when I checked, there was nothing...Not even when I wiped. So I waited a few hours and tried again. I even tried to contract mym muscles to force the hemmorage down. Nothing....

It is now march 21 and there is no sign of my period. This afternoon I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Given I only had to tinkle when I did it so it wasnt a full 5 seconds under my urine stream.

I am also not experiencing any signs of pregnancy. Should I go get another test and try it again maybe in the morning???? (thats about the only time I have a full bladder)

unknown
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You could def. Be pregnant. Your supposed to take the test first thing in the morning anyways, so retest tommorrow morning! It's not unusual to not have any symptoms yet, many women don't.....Good luck and let us know!! :)
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks.
Thank you for your advice. I knew that I hadn't urined on it for long enough...I only tinkled about a half of a shot glass worth onto the stick.

Why do you think on the 12th..(the day I was supposed to start)..I had slight pink on my toilet paper??

I am totally oblivious to symptoms of pregnancy...The only one I could say I have is a missed period. Lol..

I am 19 and starting school in april. I am only taking 2 semesters so I should be out in october. Financially, me and my fiance are not ready. I do have insurance..But I don't know if I can afford it for maternity. Do you think that if unaffordable I could look into help from the state???

Unknown
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
The bleeding you had could be what called implantation bleeding. It happens right around the time your supposed to get your period. I got it like two days before I was supposed to start and I thought it was my period, but it ended up just being there like whenever I wiped. It only lasted like a day, and it turned out I was pregnant!!

Im 19 and in my second semester of college. You need to get whatever assistance you can to make sure you and your baby are healthy....Well thats if you are pregnant!! Good luck hun!!
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
When did you actually start to experience symptoms...I'm only 5 days late....I figured you started w/ symptoms immedietly.

I have another question...The week of my missing period..I got this strange rash on my belly. It was not above the skin and did not itch. It started under my boobs and stopped right at my pant lineand did not exceed to my sides. Nothing in my regimine was changed. (i.E. Foods consumed and laundry detergent.) it is finally starting to fade away. Do you have any ides of what it couldv'e been?

Unknown
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
You know you might not be pregnant at all. Getting on and off birth control can do some crazy things to your body. I mean when I got off birth control, I didn't have a period for 9 months straight, I spotted here and there but no full fledge period, then after the first two I got pregnant. When I got back on then back off birth control, I went two months with no period, then had mine for 2 weeks, then went another full month with no period.
Like the others said though, take the test with the first urine of the day for an accurate response, or go to the Dr. To get a more accurate test all together. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Going on and off bc can mess your period up
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I am very aware of what b/c is capable of doing to my period. About 2 years ago I got off of the pill and also did not have a period for 9 months...I guess my body thought I conceived..Lol..Anyways..I got on the patch about a year and a half ago. After getting off of the patch I had my period. And on the day my period was supposed to start, there was very light pink blood only when I wiped...So what do I do?!

I'm going to get a test this afternoon and re test in the morning.

Unknown
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Let us know!!
|