Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Menopause Too Young??

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
Is it possible for your ovaries to "shut down" after having a hysterectomy? I had my uterus removed almost 2 years ago, and I sometimes feel like I may be going thru the beginning phases of menopause, which I know cant be true, because i'm only 26. But I have hot flashes like you wouldnt believe, my hair seems to be falling out, I am so moody!! My appetite is up and down and my sex drive is non-existant. What does this mean???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2005
Community Volunteer
It is very possible.
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
I had my hysterectomy at 24. My ovaries shut down at 26. I had them removed last year at 27. It is menopause you are going through, and it sucks! I feel your pain. I now take hrt. It has made a world of difference in my life(and my families lives! :lol: ). You need to see your gyn and have her do a blood test to check your horomone levels.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2005
Community Volunteer
With out investigation it can not be said you are definately going through menopuase, it is possible and sounds like it but with out a consultation by your doctor we can not be 100% sure.

Many women survived for a long time before hrt.
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Young Also
I am only 27 with a hysterectomy, had to have one since the fibroids and endotremiois was severe. Thank god I have 4 kids with my husband. But remember menopause is when your body is not making the hormones, if you are on any hormone medicine then you are not in menopause. At least this is what my dr explained to me. Although you take me off the medication and you best run for the hills, I am unbearable.....But hey its their terms......Right.....
|