Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Working Out Every Day? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hey, I was wonderin if my schedule invlovles enough rest and im not overtraining. I train everyday, one day I work my triceps,shoulders and freont deltoids, next day I work my biceps and chest, next day my legs and back. Its a continuous cycle like that. I trin very hard and heavy all the time. Im also using nitro tech. Im 18 5"11 155 pounds. Can somneone please tell me if my schedule is ok or if I should modify it. Thnx, shayne
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Hypochondriac1028
|

replied March 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Depends.
How long do you train for per session, and what are your goals?
|

replied March 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Training to Hard
About an hour, my goals are to get my lower abs developed and get my pecs a little more bigger for now. My overall is to be huge o.O
|

replied March 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Okay, since your overall goal is to bulk, then yes you are definately overtraining. Not allowing enough rest for muscle repair. Especially since you're training high intensity.

If you are going to work out every day, then design a proper workout split.. 1 muscle group per day, maximum 2. Supporting muscle groups can be added to the workout, but leave antagonist muscles for another day.

Oh, and just so you know... I have a little experience in doing what you're trying to accomplish. I'm 6'1" and went from 153lb to 241lb in around 2 years... Lean and muscular. It's about training, diet, and dedication.

If you need more information or would like more detail, let me know..

Justin
|

replied March 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey can I ask what your workout schedule is?
|

replied March 21st, 2005
Experienced User
hypochondriac1028 wrote:
hey can I ask what your workout schedule is?

sure... My personal workout schedule changes depending on the time of year... (what my goals are). I typically bulk in the fall/winter when I can pack on a few pounds of fat since it'll be hidden behind a sweater. And I cut in the spring/summer for those days at the beach.

You want to bulk, so any of these splits will work for you dependign on how many days you want to dedicate. I do the 7-day split at the end.

day on day off split

example 1:

week 1:
sunday: chest / triceps
monday: rest
tuesday: back / shoulders
wednesday: rest
thursday: biceps / forearms
friday: rest
saturday: legs

week 2:
sunday: rest
monday: chest / triceps
tuesday: rest
wednesday: back / shoulders
thursday: rest
friday: biceps / forearms
saturday: rest

example 2:

monday: chest/triceps
wednesday: biceps/back
friday: shoulders/legs

example 3:
monday: chest/biceps
wednesday: shoulders/legs
friday: back/triceps

4-day split

probably the most rare of splits, however highly effective for the strength trainer. You work out compound muscles back to back, then rest.

example:
monday: chest/back
tuesday: shoulders
wednesday: rest
thursday: biceps/triceps
friday: legs

5-day split

this is more common for the individual that works out in the mornings prior to work or school---usually for the early bird weightlifter where weekends are usually spent sleeping in. The trick here is keep each stabalizer & primary muscle workout with around 5 days rest between.

example 1:
monday: biceps / forearms
tuesday: triceps / shoulders
wednesday: legs
thursday: back
friday: chest

example 2:
monday: legs
tuesday: chest
wednesday: back
thursday: shoulders
friday: arms (biceps & triceps)

7-day hammer-style

a 7 day split is for the dedicated bodybuilder... It's a tricky schedule to design, however if you do it properly you can make it very similar to a 5-day split and then some. You'll notice in the below example friday + saturday are upper body rest days. This is for the bodybuilder that is serious about stacking on the pounds and strength training. It allows 1 full hour dedicated to each muscle group.

Sunday: shoulders
monday: biceps
tuesday: chest
wednesday: back
thursday: triceps
friday: abs + cardio
saturday: legs

hope this helps... As always, feel free to ask if you have further questions or would like me to clarify something.

Justin
|

replied March 24th, 2005
Baxk Excersize
Hey there!
For the past two months i've been working out everyday and being very careful of what I eat. Thankfully i'm loosing weight and feeling great.
The only place I feel like i'm not loosing is my upper back area. U know how when it bulges out of your clothing a little. It really bothers me. It's not like I have so much weight to loose either. Are there any excersizes you recommend that will tone that area?
Thanx
debbie
|

replied March 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: Baxk Excersize
voe310 wrote:
hey there!

For the past two months i've been working out everyday and being very careful of what I eat. Thankfully i'm loosing weight and feeling great.

The only place I feel like i'm not loosing is my upper back area. U know how when it bulges out of your clothing a little. It really bothers me. It's not like I have so much weight to loose either. Are there any excersizes you recommend that will tone that area?

Thanx
debbie

hi debbie. You're lucky... Your upper back is one of the easiest places to work out and tone. Do you go to a gym or work out at home? What equipment do you have at your disposal?
|

replied March 28th, 2005
Re: Working Out Every Day?
Well you remind me of someone. Do not go over an hour everyday, you could harm yourself eventually. Because the person I kno hoo works out started to look very skinny and looked almost dead. So don't over do your workout. And after dont eat alot thats also very bad. Drink fluid but not too much either.
|

replied April 16th, 2005
More Help Needed.
Justin you rock, I am pretty impressed with your help on here. :)
i also need some help guys.

I need you comments on my workout plan, though many times I give up once in a month for a whole week feeling am not going anywhere. But the end of it all I know this is totally a self driving thing and without that... Anyway I have been working out for a bout a year and a half, I weigh about 147 pounds [which makes me feel very very small] about 5.3" [which makes me feel very very short] am 25 [and feeling uncomfortable with my size]

my schedule which am gonna adjust with help from yours.

Wednesday: legs and shoulders
friday: run for about 15mins back and chest
monday: 15mins running, arms [biceps and triceps]

i workout for about 2hrs, 4-3 exercise for each body part, 4-3 sets, 15-10 reps of each set.

Target: I wanna look like brad pitt :) .

I have no appetite cos even when I pig-out like hell I never gain any size, yah prolly stress and sleep but I do sleep for 8-6.

For the fact that I have no appetite I wanted to supplement my meals though am totally green on supplements any advice [not steriods at any cost]

|

replied May 21st, 2005
Hey hows it goin!
Ive been goin to the gym 6 days out of the week. On one day I will work on my biceps, and triceps, and on the next ill work on my chest. Thats pretty much my cycle. I was just wondering if im overtraining?
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
6 times a week I think is tooooooo much work, I would though say it depends on how much you workout per day and what your targets are :)
i do 3 time and am pretty impressed with the results
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Well, I pretty want bigger arms, and a harder chest. Those are pretty much my targets. Im also taking creatine and drinking protein shakes.
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
I Just Want Bigger Arms
I bought that whey protein drink (which tastes nasty btw) and I just want to know how much crunhes, and brenchpress's I should do, every day every second day, third? And should I drink that everyday even if not working out, or just after working out?
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: I Just Want Bigger Arms
markie21 wrote:
i bought that whey protein drink (which tastes nasty btw) and I just want to know how much crunhes, and brenchpress's I should do, every day every second day, third? And should I drink that everyday even if not working out, or just after working out?

you just want bigger arms, so why are you doing crunches and benchpressed?

Crunches are for your abs, bench press are primarily upper chest, and secondary tricep.

First thing, drink your whey protein every day. Even when you're not working out your muscles require protein for muscle synthesis as they repair. Second, your biceps should be worked out once a week. Triceps once a week, and shoulders once a week. Don't forget to work out your other muscle groups too though.

Justin
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Working Out Everyday
I am a fitness fanatic, I like to workout 6 days a week on either the treadmill and curves(my gym) I haven't been making it to the gym lately but been using the treadmill alot more, do you gain more muscle mass on the treadmill???? Because I really feel I have. The scale says a weight that I am very upset about especially after working out 6 days a week and eating very little. Im worried that im gaining alot of muscle mass and that is why the scale says a higher weight. Or should I stop working out 6 days a week and go back to about 4 as long as I eat healthy and not pig out on junk. How do u get rid of some of the muscle mass??????
|

replied March 21st, 2006
Same Question
Im 21 years old, 6' tall and about 150. I started lifting weights every day about a month ago and I went from 145-150. However, reading these posts im far overtraining... I normally have only a two day cycle, say: one day ill do bi's, tris, abs, and back, and the next ill do shoulders, lats, and legs (with some cardio both days). Then on the third day I start the cycle again and do bis tris abs and back. Is this so bad? Because the groups are getting a day of rest. I drink whey protein every morning and have noticed results but am afraid they could be alot better with the amount of time I put in. Ill generally workout 1-1 1/2 hours a day.
Also, im the type of person who really likes working out and needs to do it everyday to feel good, any suggestions??? Thanks alot

nick
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Tone Up Body
i am weight training 4m last 1 yr i ve a healthy build i am 6.3,93 kgs.
my chest is 2 bulky n i ve lose fat over ma chest n waist although i ve build up ma arms n shoulders well. i want 2 gain size in arms n shoulders bt want to tone up and burn fat around ma chest and lats.
this is ma schedule
mon - chest n lats
tue - shoulders
wed - legs
thu - chest n lats
fri - biceps
sat - triceps
plz suggest me if its right 2 train chest n lats single day 2 times a week n others mucles individually 1 time a week or not......plz help me
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Hi
Do u think it is helpful...

Can somebody tell me...
I am also a beginner..However, I did work out for 3 weeks on everything.
I am 5'7', 140 lbs
I want a good body
Wht shd be my work out plan for 5-6 days a week
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Just to let you guys know, I think you have a MUCH higher chance of getting advice by making your own post for your specific needs. The original poster here wrote this with the intent to get advice for himself and only himself. Some have given advice, but the rest of you guys spammed it and its very difficult to keep track. I would give ALL of you guys advice, but seeing them listed one after another on the same thread just makes me lazy and confused. I don't know who wants what after trying to read them, and if you noticed a lot of other people aren't responding to your specific posts. So if you want advice, make your own post with your own needs.
|
12 >>