Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Nauzene?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello everyone,
i am 12 weeks pregnant. Is nauzene safe to take for nausea? If not, what is something to take?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 11th, 2005
Nauzene Update
Went to doc tody he says nauzene is safe to take. Just letting yall know.
Monica
|

replied June 30th, 2005
Hello
Nauzene is just basically a hard candy, or syrup, which is an old mom's remedy for nausea...I.E. Sugar...It also has nutrasweet in it?
Go buy some jolly rancher and suck away, they work great and you'll save a bundle

nauzene:
active ingredients: dextrose (glucose) 968mg (anti-nausea), levulose (fructose) 175mg (anti-nausea), sodium citrate dihydrate (230mg) (antacid)

inactive ingredients: aspartame, fd&c red 40 lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, stearic acid
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Premesisrx is a new prescription product for morning sickness...From kv pharmaceuticals. It contains 75 mg of sustained-release pyridoxine (vit b6)...Plus folic acid, vitamin b12, and calcium carbonate. Pyridoxine is effective for treating nausea during pregnancy. It was part of the popular rx drug, bendectin. Merrill dow took bendectin off the market in 1983 due to legal costs...But the drug was later shown to be safe during pregnancy. Premesisrx also contains folic acid to help prevent neural tube defects...And calcium carbonate for its antacid effects. Premesisrx costs over $32 for a bottle of 100.
To save money, take any good brand of vitamin b6...Take 25 mg three times a day.
|

replied July 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Wait Before You Use Anything
In all the classes I have taken about developing children ... They say yes this is good no this is bad and different doctors say different things are good and bad, if I were you I would just drink flat caffiene free cola. I would use any type of medication or anything.
|