Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Vitamins to Help Heal

Are there any vitamins I can take to help reduce stretch marks, scarring, and bruises? I've heard vitamin k specifically, but are there any supplements for this??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper the one
|

replied March 3rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
As I understand it, cocoa butter lotion will actually reduce stretch marks.

My ex-mother-in-law had 9 children and used cocoa butter through out all of her pregnancies and did not have any marks on her body. She is the only person I know of that actually used that stuff religously and so she is the only person I can say it worked for.

Otherwise, I would not buy into the idea of a vitamin helping with this otherwise plastic surgeons would be worried because they would have real competition.

Just take a regular daily one-a-day and use cocoa butter and see if that helps out.

Hope all works out for ya :)
|

replied March 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
I actually used up a whole bottle of the palmer's stuff just recently, atleast putting it on once a day and I think I see a little bit less stretch marks. The problem is i'm not pregnant or anything, I just have these stretch marks from once being fat. Myabe the palmer's is better at preventing them.

Thanks for the insight though! Right now that is what I am doing.
|

replied March 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes vitamin k is good for bruises and spider veins.. But will not help much for scars or stretch marks.

100% cocoa butter (palmer's is ok) will do wonders for stretch marks, but you can't just put it on your skin like a skin lotion and expect it to work. You must rub it into your skin until there is virtually nothing left, and do this twice a day. It will reduce stretch marks a great deal, if not make them disappear all together.

Vitamin e is your other solution, for both stretch marks and scars. (i.E. Older stretch marks that have left scars, or acne scars, etc.) however, use 100% pure vitamin e oil and rub it into your skin. The most inexpensive pure vitamin e you will find are the capsules from any health store. Usually you would swallow them with water. But if you crack open the gel-caps in your hand, you will have 100% pure vitamin e oil, no additives. Rub this into your skin. (it's odourless) and watch your scars disappear... You will have noticable improvement in only a few days, and most light scars will disappear in weeks.

Finally, if you're still worried about stretch marks... Tanning / tanning salons will help even out your skin tone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Justin
|

replied March 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks!

I got this stuff the other day that's 100% pure vitamin e oil but in the ingredients it says 100% pure vitamin e oil concentrate, and ascorbyl palmintate. Do you think it's the real stuff? All i'm using it for right now is my scars on my hand.

I can't get vitamin k over the counter, only the 31% it had in centrum. And I want to take it for my bruising; I bruise easily, especially on my legs. It'd gotten better though.

I finished a whole bottle of palmer's in about 12 days, and I always rub in all my lotion, no matter what it's for. Right now I am using skin firming moisturizer from nivea twice a day, because that's another problem I have. Do you think this stuff works??

Oh, I went to this beauty product supply place and I asked the lady at the counter what she would recommend for stretch marks. She showed me some expensive things then she said, truthfully, I should go get a 100% pure cocoa butter stick from walgreens and use that instead. Do you think that'll work?
|

replied August 30th, 2009
tell me cocoa butter lotion z cosmetic or medicated lotion? it works on scars or to disappears it.... em very worried abt my scars on the upper side of my left hand... plzz hepl me as soon as possible
|
Quick Reply