Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Neck Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm a 23 yrld male and for the past month i've been having neck stiffness its gotten worse and I dont have a clue whats causing it.I get a grating sensation in my neck when I move side to side and I have stiffnes where my shooulders meet my neck. I havent had any accidents and I dont have a stressfull job.But the stiffness just wont go away.It gets worse as the day progresses.I domnt have insurance or money to go see the doctor .Im worried it might be something serious. Anybody have a clue what the problem might be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 6th, 2005
Neck Exercises
Stay as active as possible. Try to go to work and keep up your normal everyday activities - bed rest is not necessary. If you are given a neck-collar, try not to use this for more than one or two days.Remember that neck pain is rarely caused by a serious illness and will often disappear within a week.

People with weak neck muscles are more prone to neck problems and in such cases, an exercise programme to strengthen the neck is a good idea.
|

replied April 20th, 2005
Neck Pain
Hi there!
How is your neck now?
I had the exact trouble as you (stiff neck that wouldnt get better) and it ended up being serious.
I had ruptured cervical (neck) disc. I didnt know it at the exact time either. Simply woke up with a stiff neck.
If you have questions, I will try to answer & help, though I am not healed.
Sincerely, patty
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile