Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Red And Raw By Labia

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Help! Recently I have been experiencing a few problems "down there." to begin with, when I am just getting ready to have sex, I find it painful to start out. Then after we are done and I go to the bathroom it hurts! Now I am seeing a red and raw area on the inner part of my labia. I have also noticed that my labia has expanded. What is wrong with me!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2005
All I can really say is talk to your doctor. Maybe try some lubricant? Not really sure what else to say sorry!
|

replied June 20th, 2006
Similar Experience
I had something like this start last summer. My labis and the area between then are very sensitive both somewhat during but mostly after having sex. I have been given at least 4 different types of antibiotics and none of them have really done anything for me. I have done some research on my own because I am getting no relief from my doctor and what sounds most likely is something called vulvar vestibulitis.

Hope this helps some.
|

replied June 20th, 2006
Re: Red And Raw By Labia
mdw2004 wrote:
help! Recently I have been experiencing a few problems "down there." to begin with, when I am just getting ready to have sex, I find it painful to start out. Then after we are done and I go to the bathroom it hurts! Now I am seeing a red and raw area on the inner part of my labia. I have also noticed that my labia has expanded. What is wrong with me!?
i had a problem just like this when I first started having sex. It actually turned out to be very simple. I was new to sex and just nervous. Because I was nervous I couldn't relax and become fully aroused.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
same here
I have had sex before, and my boyfriend and I have sex all the time and it never hurt or nothing. Just recently, it has been hurting like when he puts it in and then thats it but after if we go for a longer time, it starts to hurt, and then after it hurts really bad especially when i pee. I have read that some people may think that its an std, but thats not the case. They also said i can be dry, which might be it. But also that its because im tight, now that can also be true, but I think that i would already have adjusted to him for it to stop hurting.

help??
|

replied September 15th, 2010
I don't have any itching, no bumps or grey areas--just some irritation and redness on inner labia and irritation by my clitoris..I tried meds for a UTI at first bcuz there's pressure before I have to pee and I was diagnosed with vaginitis by one of my DR today and prescribed clotrimazole and diflucan and it burned a little when I applied the cream but I had been using a cortisone cream before even on my vagina so I'm hoping this is just a reaction to the steroids but if someone thinks it is something else please let me know and I was recently tested for all Stds and was negative...
|
Tags: sex, womens help
Quick Reply