Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Face Rash

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 25 weeks pregnant and just developed a rash all over my face only it looks like diaper rash sort of but not sure exactly what it is , it doesn't hurt or itch it just looks like I have measels though? Any idea on what it is? It would be greatfully helpful on anything?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I can ask my sister for you, she got that too but I dont remember what is was. I think a mild case of exsema (spell?) I can spell it sorry, but she was given a cream. It was a red rash that was a little bumpy and it spread. Ill ask her tonight for you.
|

replied May 15th, 2009
i have it too
i am about 21 weeks pregnant and i have the same rash. my husband describes it as diaper rash all over my face... but mine itches and hurts like bug bite. i try to hide it with make up but it only makes it worse. i developed this around 19th week of my pregnancy and it's not going way. currently i'm getting facial and acupuncture treatments but its costing me arm and a leg. Sad if anyone out there experienced this and found a treatment please help me out!!
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Face Rash
I had the same type of rash with my first child, only it was contained to the area right under my nose and above my upper lip. It started about halfway through the pregnancy and unfortunately only got more irritated throughout the pregnancy. No types of creams or ointments made it go away and, like you, makeup only made it look and feel worse. Good news though, if you can tough it out a little longer, it went away almost immediately after giving birth. My doctor said it was probably the hormone levels being so high and after the delivery when they leveled off, it went away. Good luck to you!
|
Quick Reply