Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Feeling of Pressure In Pelvis For 4 Months...help?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Waaay back in october, I began to feel a slight pain on the left side of my pelvis. My doctor blew it off and told me it was a pulled muscle and advised me to take ibuprofen. I did that, but the pain returned in a week, and spread to the other side.

Now, nearly 4 months later, there is no pain...But an extreme sensation of pressure, or fullness, in my pelvis. I'll be as detailed as possible in this description:

the pressure is located very distinctly on both sides of my pelvis, but it has a tendancy to spread to my hips, legs, lower back, and buttocks. I feel sometimes a light pressure feeling in the front of my pelvis and my abdomen, but not nearly as badly as in the sides. The pressure feels the most severe when I am either sitting upright or laying down; I feel it when I walk, but not as much.

I think that within the past couple of weeks, the pressure has worsened, but the reason behind that I don't know. I was previously on the birth control pill to control my morbid cramps, but went off it 3 months ago because I could not get more, and my periods seem to be following the pill schedule in both time and consistency (my natural periods come every 30-31 days, whereas my periods on the pill came every 28 days; also while being on the pill my periods became slightly lighter). But I am indeed getting my period every month on time for the same amount of time, which is 5 days.

This is a bit embarrassing, but I have read about many gynecological disorders, and many of them include "painful intercourse" and "bleeding after intercourse" as symptoms. I am not, nor have I ever been sexually active, but I will pridelessly admit that I masturbate :oops: . I do not use an item that is designed for this purpose, but I use a bottle that is rather thin (no more than 1 inch at the top). It is glass, topped with a cork, and most of the time when I use this, I notice the mucous is tainted a pinkish red color. Now when it says "bleeding after intercourse", I don't know if that means bleeding equivalent to menstrual bleeding or simply a light red taint to the woman's vaginal dishcarge. Also, masturbating in this fashion - not with the bottle, but by means of insertion in general, seems painful for me, and on some occasions I have found myself crying because it hurt a bit too much. And I have no choice but to wear a panty liner every day because of a snot-like yellowish vaginal discharge; don't know if that is significant or not.

I have read about gastrointestinal problems tying into gynecological problems; I have felt nausea for about 3 months, but it is unlike normal nausea. Rather than feel sick to my stomach, I merely feel a "bubble" in my throat that feels as if something is going to erupt. I can relieve this feeling by forcefully belching repeatedly, but the bubble always comes back. Some people have told me this is the result of anxiety, but I have no clue what in the world i'd be anxious about. I do not know if this is some sort of gastrointestinal problem or not.

But as I had said, no sex...So I think we can safely rule out pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. I am 17 years old, and will be 18 this coming july...Don't know if women my age can contract very bad reproductive ailments, but I still wonder.

I'm not really that worried, but I am annoyed - right now as I sit and type, I feel like something is pushing down on the sides of my pelvis. An aching feeling is spreading through my lower back and buttocks that feels similar to gas pain. *sigh* just a mess right now.

What do you ladies think? Any of you ever feel like this before?

Scaredbaka - doesn't think muscles can stay pulled for 4 months (but could be wrong...)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2005
Community Volunteer
I think you really need to get your life sorted, I can't believe you are still creating these imaginery issues.

If you don't get sperm inside you you can't get pregnant.
Mastubating with glass is just plain stupid, as for the cork well also not a good idea as it can harbour bacteria.
Get something with a sealed off end preferably plastic so that it can be thoroughly cleaned and sterilised between uses.

Bleeding after intercousre could be better phrased as bleeding after penetration.
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, you are pregnant by a bottle.
|

replied February 24th, 2005
Experienced User
She's not asking if she is pregnant..

Have you thought about getting a second opinion? Kia is right that the problems refer to bleeding during penetration, not just sex (although I agree you might want to find something safer to masturbate with..). I have had the same feeling the last 2 months.. I go to see my doctor today. I haven't had any problems with bleeding, etc.. Just pain and discomfort in my lower abdomen. I've ruled out gastro problems because I get them so often, I definitely know the difference at this point..
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Wakkochic17, scaredbaka has been around since forever with her outlandish issues - she has a new one everyday almost.
Had it been someone else they would have gotten a lot more support.
People are bored with scaredbaka now, because any advice you do give she circumnavigates and makes excuses for and she will not see a doctor or therapist anyway.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied December 23rd, 2011
To the people who thought it'd be "funny" to tease the maker of the original post:

Thank you for being that 3% of troll that every web post needs. No, really. Personally, I've never been on this site before, so I don't know what people post what, or how frequently they post, but I think it's funny that the same people that talk about people sitting in front of their computers, posting things to get attention because they have no lives are posting multiple posts, criticizing someone who "posts too much" on a health forum. What a hypocritical contradiction. From the looks of it, you're just rudely describing yourself. See, what you dont realize is that there's a huge group of people out there who are having the same problems just trying to figure out how they can fix it, and by choosing to focus on the maker of the post instead of the post itself, all you're doing is wasting their time. Let's try taking my advice: if you see something you don't agree with on this HEALTH FORUM, don't post anything. This site was designed to help people figure out what's going on with their physical health, not to put anyone down. So let's all try to be respectful adults here and learn to get over ourselves.

On to ScaredBaka's question:

I can't help you with the feeling of pressure; in fact, something very similar's happening to me right now, but it's only lasted a few hours and will hopefully be gone by the morning. What I can tell you is that the bleeding you're getting right now is a result of you breaking your hymen. It'll go away once you're penetrated a few more times. As for your masturbation technique, I suggest buying the proper instrument. If you can't afford one, or want to be discreet, use a cucumber, a peeled banana, a carrot, or something of the sort with a condom over it and lube. It's a lot safer. The pressure could have been started from you too forcefully inserting the bottle, or going too far, but I'm no doctor. I do think you should go see a gyno or a normal doctor and get it checked out. If my pain continues for more than three days, I'm going to the emergency room.

I wish you the best of luck! Smile
|

Experienced User
Yeah, a few of those posts seemed a little mean....She specifically said in her post she knew she wasn't pregnant. I can't give you any info about the pressure, but I went through a time of a couple weeks where I felt nauseous and had the "bubble" feeling at the base of my throat. My doctor said the nausea was probably just a stomach virus and the bubble feeling is usually just gas pain under the diaphragm being referred to the throat. Sorry I can't help you more, but i'd be glad to talk if you have any questions! Just pm or something if you need to, and good luck finding out what is wrong!
|

Experienced User
Well, I thank those of you who have helped me. As for the rest of you, I see you're all still as irritable as the last time I was here. And in all honesty, those of you who make such a big deal out of my questions are the ones who are really in need of therapy.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Sure, I need therapy because I go out and work a full time job and have a life and enjoy it.
You of course don't because you sit at your computer all day everyday learning new symptoms and applying them to yourself, making up illnesses and yet you won't do anything but sit and complain, you won't see a doctor or a therapist, you ask advice but don't want to take it because there is always an excuse why that won't work for you.

No one can help you until you help yourself, this board is intended for people with real problems really wanting support and help, people who want to ask and take advice, even if that advice is simply "go to a real doctor"
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Experienced User
You do seem to be a little shall we say inventive with some of your posts, I once had a go at kia-breeze over a reply she gave to you and now I realise she was right about you, you are attention seeking and childish. Id like to apologise to kia-breeze.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2005
Community Volunteer
I never take offense for more than a few moments :)
apology accepted (but in no way neccessary) hugz to all my girls xxx
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Re: Feeling of Pressure In Pelvis
Please read the posting.

These symptoms are so me.

Please advise.

I am so scared.

Do I go see general physician or gynecologist?

It feels better when I stand.

Does anyone have any insight.

|

replied September 15th, 2005
It sounds like to me you might have endometriosis. I have endometriosis and I also have the pelvic pressure and pain along with nausea and other symptoms. Endometriosis can mimic ibs which can give you digestive symptoms. I have some digestive symptoms but I outruled digestive disorders with my doctor so I believe my symptoms are related to the endo. Every woman is different with how many symptoms they experience with endo. I talked to women who have endo and have the same stomach problems. Depending on where your endo is it can cause different symptoms. The pelvic pain you are having is probably hitting nerves and that is why you feel it in your lowerback, legs, and buttocks. I also have experienced this along with other women I have spoke to. You definately want to go to a gyno and tell him your symptoms because you are not too young to have endo, I was diagnosed with endo when I was 18 but you want to be sure this is what you have because it could still be something else. Hope this info helps. Good luck!
|

replied August 26th, 2009
feeling of trapped air
I have recently been diagnosed with Endometriosis and suffer the same feeling of trapped air in my right side in my pelvic area - it feels like I have a stitch when I press on the area. For months I put the discomfort down to having pulled muscles as well.

|

replied December 13th, 2009
pressure's not normal
yeast infection? I had pressure for EVER. well it seemed like forever. went to the doctor, she gave me a pill to take, and now it is gone. Go see an OBGYN. Don't wait. pain in thepelvice area at any age isn't normal. sex or no sex.
|

replied January 25th, 2010
My daughter in law (very young) has pelvic pressure, she is 39 weeks and she says she is telling her doctor but he isn't prescribing anything. Last night she complained of it and then said she felt bad, like nausea and went to bed. I am concerned after reading the post about Endometriosis.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
I have Poly Cyctic Ovarian Syndrome and feel the same pressure at times. My ObGYN has told me its due to the fact that when you have PCOS you do not ovulate and once you do, the overies are so swollen and disturbed that it can cause all this built up pressure. You definatly need to go see a Dr. if you are having pressure in the pelvic region.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
Point of Message......2<3sBeatas1/aVeryWorriedHusband
Well Ladies I have to say that "ArtisticFistfull" Hit the nail on the Head. You see I am a Very Worried Husband of a Very Beautiful hard working Stubborn Woman who has been having these Symptoms for awhile now. So just think about how I felt when all I found was people that wanted to trash one another instead of answer the Question at hand! I would like to Thank the later post & the ladies that did give some reasons for these Symptoms. Such as Endometriosis which gives as something to reshreach now. Hey I am not Trashing anyone all I am saying is this it's & Old saying but a great one " If you can't say something nice then say nothing at all!"
2<3sBeatas1/aVeryWorriedHusband
|

replied January 12th, 2012
Point of Message......2<3sBeatas1/aVeryWorriedHusband
Well Ladies I have to say that "ArtisticFistfull" Hit the nail on the Head. You see I am a Very Worried Husband of a Very Beautiful hard working Stubborn Woman who has been having these Symptoms for awhile now. So just think about how I felt when all I found was people that wanted to trash one another instead of answer the Question at hand! I would like to Thank the later post & the ladies that did give some reasons for these Symptoms. Such as Endometriosis which gives as something to reshreach now. Hey I am not Trashing anyone all I am saying is this it's & Old saying but a great one " If you can't say something nice then say nothing at all!"
2<3sBeatas1/aVeryWorriedHusband
|