Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Blister, Pimple Or Herpes?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Okay, I was having sex with my boyfriend 2 days ago and after we were done, my vagina was fire red and it burned like hell when I pee. This is not the first time this has happened, and I have been to the doctor plenty of times to get checked for vanerial diseases and I came back neg. On chlymidia, gonoreah, herpes and all that when he did cultures on me. Well, I went home and looked at how red it was and I noticed a bump on my lower left vagina lip that is probably the size of a mosquito bite or a blister from all of the irritation. The redness and the swelling went down yesterday but the bump is still there and it kind of hurts when I touch it. Can anyone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Brandy82
|

replied March 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Do you shave?
Cuz if u shave the sex is causing friction which can be why its all read and stuff..
I can tell u from experience that... Unfortunately ... That herpes would be very little almost not noticeable little itchy bumps.. Which will get more and more everyday and eventually turn to blisters.. Which is definately herpes...Id give it a day if it doesnt go away I would go to the doctors exspecially if u start to see bumps or blisters...And if it comes back then go to the doctors too...

This sounds gross.. But its possible to get the odd pimple down there too...
|

replied March 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Keep in mind that it's possible to be allergic to semen, spermicide, astrogel lubricant, ky lube, and to the powder coating on latex condoms. So if he came inside you, even a little... Or used condoms, or spermicide, or lube, it's possible that the redness is an allergic reaction. Look for a pattern the next time you have sex, try changing what you use and see if your reaction changes. This does not sound like an std since this is a direct result from having sex... Std's will forumulate and get worse as time progresses.

And finally, the pimple sounds like an irritation pimple from the sex. It's sensitive because of all the friction it has been through, and likely from friction as you walk, or you touching it. Just leave it alone and it'll go away.

Justin
|

replied March 9th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with the above post. The bump is probably just a little infected pore from the rubbing, etc.

I personally, although no one until now has ever understood, have an "allergic" reaction to semen. I get red, swollen, it burns when I pee, and then I will inevitably get an infection, either bv or yeast. Never fails. But, I am also allergic to spermicide and the rubbing from condoms cuts me. So, when it comes to sex I am screwed. No pun intended.

But, anywho, just make sure you get your yearly exams. A lot of std's only show when you have an active infection and others can live in your body for years, but can then cause pre-cancerous cells. So, just make sure you get your yearly paps to be safe, but it sounds like you just have irritated skin.

Try using condoms (if you can) with lube. Not scented, flavored, etc, just lube. And see if this helps. Good luck.
|

replied March 12th, 2005
Experienced User
To completely rule out herpes the lesions don't develope for 2 weeks upon sleepig with an infected person or a carrier
|

replied March 12th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe not, but you can start getting sick right away. And the lesions may not appear until much later also. You do not always get a breakout right away, sometimes it can be a year or more.
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
I agree with one of the above. If you shave it is causing friction...This happens to me all the time. They go away it's not a disease it's just irritation. If I burn inside when you pee you could have a uti (urinary track infection) that is caused by like not peeing after sex, him sticking it in, in weird ways or just holding in your pee all the time.
|

replied January 25th, 2009
vigina blister
i get sore after sex with condoms i use to think it was thrush due to taking the ONE table it goes away after few days
how ever this time i was bit uncomfortable after having protective sex with condoms at begaining of the mth
i left it, and didnt seek medical advice, and i dont know if i irritated it some how or because i left it untreated but i found vagina lips swollen about 3times bigger then normal on my right hand side, i went to pharmacy he gave me the one table and told me to use canister cream and also try (baby nappy cream)(sorry dyslexic) said to have 400mg ibuprofen to help with the swelling
this seems to be helping.
swelling gone down less itchy but i checked in the mirror and now the redness has gone down it appears i have white circular patches on 1 side where it was inflammed b4 i took ibrofain
what i cant find for fact is do condoms cause wat appears to be blisters on the one or both sides or the vagina lips
i tried to look up but nothing tells you if condoms cause blisters, i would think loads friction with condoms when not use 2 it for a long time would be the cause of allergic reaction to a sensitive area. but nothing on the internet will tell me
|

replied February 7th, 2009
vaginal blister
Condoms can cause blisters if you are using latex condoms and are allergic to latex. I know because I am allergic and have had blisters caused by latex. Try using non latex condoms instead.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
Allergy to Latex
I had sex this past weekend with 1 guy and we used latex condoms a few days in a row. I noticed after the first time it burned a bit but payed it no attention. After about the 2nd/3rd day my vagina was burning more and it hurt to use the bathroom. I also developed blisters down there, mostly in the area where our sexual position was. I looked down there and noticed a cut inside my vagina too. My Dr. scared me and said it might be herpes but I really think its an allergic reaction because it happened RIGHT after the condom use. Im still going to get tested but in the meantime they gave me medicine for herpes just to take care of the blisters. They also gave me anti itch, but I have no itching, so I wont take that medicine.
Ibuprofen is not really helping with the pain, any suggestions? I dread using the bathroom because its so painful..
|