I have three to four head aches on a good week. I have had people tell me different things it is but yet everything they tell me is wrong. I need help, and this is all I can do because I am a poor student in college with out medical insurance so here I am asking for advice.
The worst of the head aches is when I wake up in the morning. Makes me feel if I can not get out of bed. My thoughts are distorted and frankly I cant do anything but complain about how much my life sucks at that point( my life dont suck lol, just when I have head aches). Usually the head ache will last through out the day, and when it finally wears off I am exhausted. I can not localize the where the pain comes from because it seems to attack my whole head(maybe im brain dead). Anyway.. Some days I have light head aches and I can tell that that is nothing but a common head ache... But the paralyzing ones really scare me, some times I cant pick my head up off the pillow. One time in class I had rest my head on the floor for it to stop aching. When the head aches occur I feel like my brain is bulging and is ready to burst. My eyes will sometimes swell, and well that dont make me a pretty person haha. Anyway.. Help me. Some one mentioned brain tumor, but I have talked to a couple people who know something about them and they do not believe that is what I have and neither do i, and I dont want to believe it....
To sum up, I get head aches all over my head quite frequently that completely take over my body. Such as not being able to move cause the pain is unbaring. Im not a wimp I was captain of my football team in high school which leads me to another thing, I have never had a concussion, poeple talk a bout migranes and tension head aches... Some one said cafffine plays a role.. I drink a lot of coke.. The head aches sometimes go away, I dont drink coke nothing changes... As far as taking asprin or over the counter drugs.. I have taking almost everything, and to even touch the head ache I have to take like 5 pills at a time, and I dont want to add ulcers to my head aches, that would not be good.. Please help I really could use it.
Hey johnobrien55 how are you doing? I'm sorry you haven't recieved any replies in so long. I really cannot cure your headaches as I am not a Dr. And only a dr can cure them best and show you ways to cope with them. I know you mentioned you cannot go to a Dr. Right now so how about going on an online chat session with a Dr. Or ask a Dr. On a site like mywebmd. Com or coolmd.Com. In these sites, Dr. Often asnwer questions for people who do not want to go to a doctor but still need help.
Hopefully these migraines are not affecting your college life too much. I'm glad you don't think your life sucks because that just adds to the pain. Caffeine for some people actually helps headaches, but I might be wrong. Maybe you should also consider your diet and make sure you are getting all the stuff you need and you are getting enough sleep.
Can your parents or another grown- up help you out at all? Maybe they could take you to a dr? Ask someone. Ask the healthcare person in your college if you can. They might have some help for you.
Well take care, I sincerely hope you feel better. Try to stay upbeat smile -it can only make your life bright! :)
Hey johnobrien, its poetmcc again. I just saw another post on the same forum called how I stopped my migraines. It calls for using tea bags at night or something. Thought you might want to check it out. It in the same forum where you posted, just scroll down. Hope this has helped you.
After 50+ years with migraine headaches I found out what was causing mine. I was about nine years of age when I can recall the periodic sick feeling (aura) when I awoke in the morning. I had an average of 3 or 4 headaches a week with 97% of them starting during the night. The other 3% were triggered by wild changes in atmospheric pressure, driving in the mountains, flights lasting more than 4 hours and trips to cities at high altitude. When I was sixty I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and for treatment use a cpap device when sleeping. After starting to use the cpap device the headaches are gone, but, I occasionally will still have the aura and mild pain.
What we have learned is my oxygen levels at night were low 80%- 87% range and are still somewhat low with cpap (92%). Supplemental oxygen gets rid of all my symptoms. During the day my oxygen levels are 98-100%.
If you could get your hands on a reporting oximeter you could check your nightime oxygen saturation levels. You should be able to rent one for about $100 to $120 a month.
Also, if philly has an oxygen bar you could give it a try on a day you have a killer of a headache.