Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Does B.c. Help With Cramps?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I am 16 and started getting periods at 10; and since then they have gotten worse as I have gotten older. Right now I can tell you with out any doubt what so ever that I get every side effect that you can think of. To name a few, cramps, mood swings, bloating, nausea, fainting (i had to stay home from school before I was pulled out). The only pain killer that I can use is advil and it only works if I can keep it down. Do you have any suggestions? I don't need it for the actual b.C. Because I don't have a b/f. Please I need some help from someone that is wiser than me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Birth control pills helped my cramps so much! I used to have really heavy periods and awful cramps, so my mom took me to the gyno a couple years ago and she put me on the pills. Worked wonders!
|

replied February 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Birth control helps a lot of girls who get bad cramps. Some girls don't even get cramps anymore once on the pill. You should consider it!
|

replied February 20th, 2005
Thanks Gals!
Hey that's really helpful. Thanks! But my mom still says "no way. My daughter isn't taking drugs she could live without." sucks to be me right now.
|

replied February 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry your mom is so against you being on the pill.It really helped with my gut-wrenching cramps and made my periods almost non-exsistant.Maybe if she talked with your doctor,that would help her see that the pill could greatly improve the quality of your life(and give her piece of mind,when you do get a boyfriend!!)good luck!!
Patty
|