Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Men Shaving...

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
K, my boyfriend recently tried shaving down below for me, for the first time. He's having a horrible time with the itching as it grows back....Any of you guys have any advice for now or future use that I could give my guy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Get Him to Get a Beard/hair Trimmer
If he is excessively hairy, have him use an electric hair trimmer which will cut the hair back (anywhere on the body).

If he doesn't like the itch from shaving, hopefully this is an option for him and you!

Best wishes,

tomz
|

replied March 18th, 2005
Just Dont
Just don't shave at all because it causes toomany problems. Just trim.
|

replied April 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes...Stubble against boxers, not fun.

Trrrrrriiim!
|

replied May 4th, 2005
The pain can suck pretty bad when it's growing back in... Just tell him to keep it clean, and next time trim...
|

replied May 4th, 2005
I'm a guy and I shave down there once in a while but after a while you get use to the itching and then you will get to the point where it feels normal. It itches because your hair is trying to grow back. Good luck.
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Hmmmm
I started shaveing 5 years ago...Im 18 now....And I dont feel any itching...Maby thats because I shave regularly and I make sure I rub aloe vera gel on the area day and night untill it grows to the point where it needs to be shaved again......If your boyfriend can commit to those steps he wont feel itchy...But if he dosent want to shave extensively then he shouldnt shave.....
|

replied September 10th, 2005
Try Jell
Try using a jell lubricant shaving lotion

use a lot and make sure your balls are soakd
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Simplest solution is to just trim, you don't have to shave it all away to make things look more pleasent, and this way you don't get the itching.
|

replied October 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
-always trim the hair short prior to shaving using an electric clipper.
-take a warm bath prior to shaving.
-use shaving cream, or shave in a tub filled with warm water.
-shave once with the grain to remove the bulk of the hair, and then once against the grain to smooth it out. Don't shave any area more than twice to reduce your chances or razor burn.
-i recommend a gillette mach 3 turbo; they work great for this!
-use a new blade each time.
Wait atleast 3-4 days after shaving prior to shaving again to reduce razor burn, ingrown hairs and other problems.
-use talcom powder after shaving to reduce the itching.
-don't use after shave.
|

replied November 13th, 2005
I shave the down below, and for the first couple times it get's really itchy, and you will most likely get a lot of red bumps (razor burn) lol but after awhile you get use to it.. Make sure to go down first, and then up very litely, yeah, sounds messed but it works
|

replied October 7th, 2008
Experienced User
SHAVING
YEAH TELL HI TO NOT SHAVE THERE!
|
Tags: back shaving
Quick Reply