Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

major cramps with my period

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Okay, I am having major cramps with my period today, but i'm not having a heavy period. Since i've started bc i've had shorter and lighter periods, but usually I don't cramp this bad with a light period. Just wanting to make sure everything is okay. I am on meds for a bladder infection that interferes with birth control pills....Could this be making me cramp more?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Experienced User
There's probably not a connection between the bladder infection meds and cramps. Since your periods are lighter, your uterus just probably has to work a little harder to get the flow going. Some months I get cramps and some I don't - seems normal to me. Take some ibuprofen or tylenol.
|
Did you find this post helpful?