Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Questions??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay I have a few questions I am 20 weeks pregnant. When I eat dinner it feel like I have horrible indigestion but after like a few hours it goes away and then I feel nauseous and have to eat again. I was just wondering if it was normal to feel this way after I eat b/c I didn't think my insides were push up that high already? Also I was wondering how far along are you supposed to be when like your hands and feet swell?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Almost everything is normal during preg. Try not to fill yourself up and try to see if there are certain foods that really give you indigestion. I knew the foods that bothered me so I was able to avoid them. Sometimes that doesn't matter either, b/c i've gotten indigestion from water too, lol. About the swelling, you really shouldn't swell ever. But it's very common in about the last month. If you are swelling, drink more water, cut down on salt, don't wear high heels (that's the only time my feet were ever swollen, yes I wore them the whole nine months, lol) and exercise. Go for a walk or something light, like yoga. Make sure you tell your doc if you are swelling. They will prob give you better advice than me and also it may be a sign of your blood pressure rising. Mine was high with both my baby's and I ended up on bedrest for the last couple weeks of my preg. Take care.

Lana
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks it is mostly in my fingers. I don't know they look completely normal now. I do need to cut down on salt though. I will try what you said and hopefully it helps.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Try some maalox :) seriously
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Haha I sooo upsized my rings a size! I refused to give them up! Heck we have the full insurance on em- why not!

Yeah I heard about the hair thing and acid reflux/heart burn too! And in that case my little one will look like his daddy! Haha since that was the only negetive pregnancy symptom I got was heartburn/acid reflux.... And like I got perscribed something for it and it didnt work so my doc suggested malox or malanta... And maalox rox! Haha

oh and p.S. I was informed recently rolaids are a no no and tums are good :)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I guess its like new news because when I first got pregnant rolaids were fine now they are a no no!
|

replied June 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
I used brioschi during both pregnancies and found it the best product. Mylanta and maalox caused constipation for me. Tums and rolaids caused me even more indigestion. Try brioschi if you can.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hun no joke... Maalox max! Its a god sent joy for pregnant mommies!
|

replied June 4th, 2005
Experienced User
I tried that! Maalox caused me major constipation (sorry...Tmi!)
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I remembered eating 6 smalle meals lots of water and tums. Try not to eat alot of spicy foos plus the time of day. Try not to eat to late in the day too. That helped for the next day. Plus I could even sleep much when I stuffed myself. :p :wink:
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yet another bumped post
the original poster miscarried two months ago.
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Experienced User
On no poor thing does anyone know if shes okay
|