Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Question / Help?!?

Does anyone know of where I can get info on getting a procedure done by an intern, I imagine it would be affordable. I am interested in a tummy tuck or liposuction. I've also head of getting three areas done (liposuction) for a great price, but through all the research i've done, i've found nothing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2005
Choose a Qualified Surgeon!
Surgery always has some amount of risk and risk increases when the procedure is not done by qualified and experienced plastic surgeons. If you're on a budget, consider going to places where lower overhead costs and professional fees makes it possible for plastic surgeons to perform these surgeries at a fraction of the cost of the same procedures in the united states, u.K. And other countries, without sacrificing quality of care. I am from the philippines and I know that we have many qualified and well-trained doctors here who have acquired their postgraduate or fellowship training from well-known institutions in the u.S.A. And have been mentored by leading plastic surgeons. Remember, the most important factor in the success of of plastic surgery is the person who performs the operation.
|

replied April 24th, 2005
I had one over two years ago!!!! I have a lap!!! That is the only good thing I have. I have been in pain for 2 years now!!! I know other people who have had them and are fine. No one really knows why i'm hurting only that a suture may be hitting a nerve. If I had to do it over again I would have had a partial tummy tuck done. That is only the skin removed and liposuction. Nothing with the muscles. I paid around $8000.00 in all. I would go to several surgons and have them all give you a price and I wouldn't go with the one who can get you in first. I was in a wedding and I went with the one who could get me in right away and he was the cheapest one too. I know in some cases if your back is bothering you your insurance will cover it. The surgon I should of had do it was going to see if he could get insurance to cover it. My husbands aunt had it done and loves it and her insurance covered it. Hers came out perfect! Didn't mean to scare you just wanted to let you know. Save your money this isn't something to mess with! Angie
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Re: Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Question / Help?!?
I am from south east asia. I have very high cheek bone which makes my face very
asymmetric. None of parents has this feature. For years I am suffering from mental trauma
and I feel somebody comes forward to help me. I like to do this correction
and make myself confident in work place. This is severe mental pain I am bearing. Sometimes I felel like so unmatched in this world and attempt to end my life.
Is there any program with hospital research program where doctors can treat patient
without any cost in usa?
|