The two companies most actively involved in the distribution of ru 486 are hoechst a.G. Of frankfurt, germany, and paris' roussel uclaf.
Hoechst is a huge multinational conglomerate with 224 subsidiaries in 124 countries. It does $23.7 billion in sales each year.
Hoechst is the parent firm of roussel, the company which actually produces and markets this lethal drug. Hoechst owns 100% of roussel stock.
But hoechst has a historical reason for keeping a low profile in the ru 486 debate. It is hoechst's infamous relationship to the i.G. Farben chemical company.
Farben aided the nazis in waging aggressive warfare and perpetrating crimes against humanity by manufacturing zyklon b, the cyanide gas used in the nazi death camps. At nuremberg, in 1947, 24 farben executives were charged with war crimes and crimes against humanity.
At auschwitz farben exploited slave labor to build the world's largest synthetic rubber and oil facility. This installation dubbed "i.G. Auschwitz" was so huge that it used as much electricity as did the entire city of berlin. Over 25,000 inmates were worked to death in its construction.
Farben also produced poisonous solutions for use in aggressive warfare and in human experimentation. At nuremberg, judge paul m. Hebert focused on farben's extensive contributions to chemical warfare "research, development and production of mustard gas, tear gas, nitrogen mustard gas, adamsite (throat irritant) and phosgene." another segment of the nuremberg indictment revealed that "poison gases and various deadly pharmaceuticals manufactured by farben were used in experimentation upon, and the extermination of enslaved persons in concentration camps throughout europe."
farben produced the stabilizer for zyklon b and owned 42.5% of degesch (the "german vermin-combatting corporation"), developer of this highly virulent weapon.
"when the final solution added jews to the ss extermination plans, degesch profits reflected the new prosperity," concluded joseph borkin in the crime and punishment of i.G. Farben. "i.G.'s dividends on its degesch investments for the years 1942, 1943, and 1944 were double those of 1940 and 1941."
because of its extensive involvement in such a vast array of destructive activities, the name farben came to epitomize the ultimate in corporate evil incarnate. Josiah dubois, chief prosecutor at the farben trial, considered the defendants and their crimes so malevolent that he wrote a book about them titled the devil's chemists: 24 conspirators of the international farben cartel who manufacture wars.
The complete dissolution of farben was therefore considered an indispensable means of assuring the peace after world war ii. In 1947 a plan was formulated by the american military government to break up farben into 47 independent units.
However, this never materialized. Concern over the cold war with russia and ongoing corporate maneuvering proved to be formidable obstacles. Ultimately, farben was only divided into three companies: hoechst, bayer and basf.
Since hoechst has not put the brakes on roussel uclaf's worldwide ambitions to distribute this deadly abortifacient, it is imperative that the alarming kinship between farben and hoechst be subjected to widespread public scrutiny. This consciousness-raising process should highlight the following parallels:
1. Farben was the largest chemical corporation of its time. Hoechst, according to the business journal long range planning (june 1990), has become "the world's biggest chemicals business" and intends to maintain this position through an ambitious program of global expansion.
2. Farben was a prominent participation in the chemical war against jews during the nazi era. Hoechst is a major participant in the chemical annihilation of the unborn today.
3. Farben made a momentous contribution to the science of chemical warfare by testing its deadly products on victims selected for extermination in nazi gas chambers. The contribution of hoechst's subsidiary, roussel, to the field of chemical warfare consists of lethal experiments on and the direct killing of unborn children.
4. Farben was the parent company of degesch, developer of the zyklon b gas used in the extermination of millions at auschwitz. Hoechst is the parent firm of roussel uclaf, manufacturer of the deadly drug ru 486 capable of destroying millions of unborn children throughout the world.
5. Farben controlled degesch's policies, including the decisions to use zyklon on death camp inmates. Hoechst plays a major role in the policies of roussel, including the development and distribution of ru 486 for use against the unborn.
6. Farben owned 42.5% of stock in degesch. Hoechst owns 54.5% of the shares in roussel.
7. Farben earned enormous profits from its investment in degesch during the period when zyklon became the primary means of eradicating the "postnatal expendables" of the third reich. Hoechst should derive a considerable payoff from its investment in roussel if ru 486 ever becomes a widespread method of exterminating today's "prenatal discards."
people often regard nationalism as clear cut evil due to the evil of the nazi holocaust, people often forget that it was eugenics and the nazi promotion of what we now call "the culture of death" that was the major factor that made the nazi's so inherently evil. We must never forget the evil the nazi's perpetraded against humanity, we owe a lot to the jewish people for making us aware of the evils of eugenics, we must not let their deaths be invain.
Today the same ideologies that made nazi germany so evil still prevail in our society and many other societies across the world. We may have defeated nazi germany but their ideologies have lived on and spread like a cancer throughout the world, the battle to free europe from occupation was won but the world war still continues, if wwii was the war against nazi germany wwiii is the battle against its eugenic ideologies.
I support you fully, although I dont know your standings.. On abortion, nor mine. I appreciate your info and point of view. I guess if someone asked me I would have to say i'm pro life but I wouldnt want to stop a hopeless crackhead (who doesnt want to change) from aborting her child if she chooses to live so irresponsibly that she feels she needs to do so. That is her choice, although she is choosing to end the life of her child... And will have to live with that choice.
original eh?! Never gets mentioned that the nazi's actually enacted strict anti-abortion (and forced sterilization, very pro-choice) laws though does it...Suppose that doesn't fit with the agenda though
"i wanted to ask you what is the final solution???"
the final solution was the name given to the nazi eugenics programme that sought to eliminate the jewish and gypsie population of europe.
"so you are referring pro-choice to nazi and that is bs because we promote other options as well."
no... Pro choice is not a movment that promoted or legalized adoption or keeping the child, it has/had no need to promote them they were and still are already availible before the pro choice movment. What the pro choice movment promoted and continues to promote is legalised abortion nothing else.... Granted they do not deny the person the right to choose adoption or keeping the child.
"never gets mentioned that the nazi's actually enacted strict anti-abortion and forced sterilization"
ah but now you see you have to relise that it was deemd unpatriotic, ungerman to have an abortion. They wanted germans to have children. While at the same time they wanted the jews to abort. It was legal for a jew to abort but ilegal for a german to abort.
A german woman was not forced to be steralized but a jew was.
The distinction then was between jew and german. Today its between wanted and unwanted - but you have to remember the german was wanted and the jew wasnt so there is very little difference.
a german woman was not forced to be steralized but a jew was.
actually this is incorrect. It wasn't just jewish people who were forciably sterilized, it was anyone who was or who had parents that were "undesirables" that could be subject to this law (for example those with hereditary illnesses or mental health issues).
Also, the forceful euthanasia implemented was on germans suffering birth defects, not specifically jews (note it was forced - pro-choice people who support euthanasia only support voluntary euthanasia for the terminally ill)