Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

feeling like vomiting when eating

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the past couple weeks I have not been able to eat very much. I will be so hungry but when I start to eat I feel sick...I feel like I will vomit any second. It's getting really annoying because i'm still so hungry but I just can't eat! I don't know what is wrong with me. Some friends say it might be because I just had a baby 8 months ago and my body is still trying to get back to normal. But if that were the case...Why is it just now starting...Wouldn't I have felt this way for the past 8 months? If anyone has any suggestions about what could be wrong please let me know!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2005
Thanks
I just want to say thanks for taking the time to reply. Since I wrote that post I have felt better. It's weird. It just comes and goes. Lately I have actually been able to eat, as before anytime I took a bite of something I felt sick. Although it is still hard for me to eat breakfast...But lunch and dinner i'm doing fine with. I was hoping I would get over this problem before having to go see a doctor...Because I don't have medical insurance and I don't have the money to go. I'm a single mom, and going to school...So that's where all my mom goes!!! But I will be getting medical insurance soon at work. So that will help out alot! Well I just want to say thanks again for caring enough to take the time to reply!!!!
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Answers like "you had a baby 9 months ago, so your body is just readjusting" are very misleading. Firstly it is by no means normal to have persistent nausea as a result of childbirth and so if you had this, it would be something that warranted investigation. The fact that it is 8 months further since the childbirth contraindicates the possibility of it being related to childbirth. After all, most changes related to 'returning to normal' after childbirth will occur within the first month. Any further subsequent changes can be assumed unrelated until proven otherwise.

You should find out what is causing this, because appetite & feeding are central to all aspects of health and the deterioration of feeding could cause or potentiate other, more serious health conditions you may experience in the future.
|

replied March 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Likely unreleated to your pregnancy / child birth. Typically when a man or woman feels nausious during/after eating, is it because of dehydration.
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I recently just caught the stomach flu but it's been a few days now and all i have left from the stomach flu is having diarrhea after each bite of food. But then i also have the feeling of vomiting after taking a couple of bites. I get the feeling of vomiting and having diarrhea after a couple of bites. It's weird. I'm so so so hungry. Hungry to the point where i can pass out, but i can't eat because i keep having the feeling of vomiting. I doubt it's because i'm pregnant. I doubt it and don't want to keep my hopes up high. So really...what's the problem???? do i need to go see a doctor???? someone who has an answer...would you please write me. I need help ASAP. i keep calling into work and they might think i'm crazy.
|

replied November 24th, 2011
Vomiting after Lunch daily
daily after eating , immedaitely i feel like vomiting. it is been occurring daily to me. im not married.please any one say me the reason behind this. as in food courts every body would be taking food so i force my mind "not here" so after a time i could be normal. otherwise whatever i eat would come out. please help me with this.
|