Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

a Bit of Interesting Info....

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I was talking to the dr I was working with and asking of things to do to increase the chances of getting pregnant, I had heard that robotussin and baby asprin helps.........When I asked that, she said that taking robotussin if u do get pregnant and not know can cause a hole in the heart, I just thought id let everyone know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Oh wow. I haven't heard that. That's scary. The docs in america have recommended robitussin in the past, I wonder if they stopped.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I have a hole in my heart, but I don't think it was caused by robitussin. I never heard that about robitussin or baby asprin though. I'll keep that in mind
|

Experienced User
Yeah I thought it was scarey 2...... And justacanadiangirl.....You can have a hole in your heart because of other things. I was about to take it so im glad I asked first.
|

Experienced User
I looked up the robitussin on the internet. And this what I found. Plus some more methods not to follow.

The following methods will not, and we repeat, will not help you get pregnant.

Taking robitussin® cough syrup before trying to conceive.

Taking the herb wild yam.

Not urinating after sex.

Lying with your feet over your head after sex.

Standing on your head after sex.

Making love during the day with the lights on.

Having sex every day instead of every other day.

Sitting in the same chair a pregnant woman has sat in.

Staring into the eyes of a pregnant woman.

Putting ice packs on your partnerÂ’s testicles. (ouch!)

but I couldn't find the side effects of it. But I guess it is just like everything else that you are not suppose to take while pregnant.
|