Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Natural Pregnancy After Tubal Ligation (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Is there a natural, non surgical, way to become pregnant after a tubal ligation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Experienced User
No. By having a tubal ligation you have rendered yourself sterile. Your only option would be surgical reversal, but even then there is no guarantee you could conceive.
|

replied April 20th, 2008
can you become preg?
Yes, you can. It is not common, but it happens--I had a tubal ligation in 1999 and it failed in 2004 with an ectopic pregnancy. However, I had a successful pregnancy a year later, and delivered a healthy baby boy in June of 2006! I had another pregnancy in 2007 that would have been successful had I not miscarried. I have not had any reversal surgery, although I suffered another ectopic pregnancy last week.
|
Users who thank shellybug for this post: atasha  atasha 

replied May 18th, 2012
I had a tubal 4 years ago, but i think i may be pregnant now, and after reading your response, im going to go out and buy a PT. But im curious, which method of tubal ligation did you have? Mine were tied, then cut.
|

replied April 30th, 2008
can u become preg?
how did u know that they had become untied did u experience any bleeding
|

replied May 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Untied? I did not know they still did that procedure. When I had my tubal ligation done, they cauterized them.
|

replied March 7th, 2009
I think I might Be Pregnant
I had a tubal ligation done in 1999 as well and had 2 miscarriages outside of my tubes in 2008. I have taken pregnancy test after pregnancy test and some of them are faint lines for being positive and some negative. My breast are leaking milk and have all other signs of pregnancy. What do you think?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2009
To: blueskye2777
OMG! I have been looking for hours for a forum with recent info on this! Finally I have found YOU! I had a tubal ligation within the last year. Everything has gone well up until this point. I too am leaking milk. I have also had crazy bloody thick discharge for the last couple of weeks. I didn't notice the milk until today. I haven't experienced any pain though. I have not taken any home pregnancy tests since I will probably get one tomorrow. It has been a couple of weeks since you made your post. Have you found anything out yet?

Has anyone else out there had similar symptoms without stomach pain? Not sure if this is just coinsidence but my shoulder has been killing me and I just read on another forum that along with stomack pain, shoulder pain can occur. How the two are connected...I don't know...but some doctor wrote the info about it.
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2013
bees bows i have the exact same as you had my tubes done just under 2 years ago. where was your stomach pain coz mine is bang smack in the middle of my top 2 abs as if i had worked out wrong.
|

replied April 8th, 2009
I had a pomeroy technique tubaligation 11 years ago and became pregnant in February, 2009.. I miscarried @ 6 1/2 weeks... I would like to know if anyone has miscarried after a tubal and then went on to have a normal pregnancy soon after.... Smile
|

replied April 27th, 2009
Think I'm pregnant too
I got my tubes tied 16yrs ago...For the last couple months I've been feeling movement in my stomach but have been getting my period still..But last month my period was only 2 days..I had an ultrasound done and blood test doctor said she didn't see anything but my right tube was a little bit larger then the left which she claimed was normal...Blood work was negative.I still have been feeling movement even more on some days then others...I got my period yesterday but this time I have cramps which I don't get on my period usually its before not during..I felt movement alot the day before and still while on my period..My husband says its gas or maybe I have to go to bathroom but I know my body..I have 3 girls also 20,18,17...I'm 36yrs old and was young when i had my girls...My husband doesn't have any and this would be a blessing..But with no answers and no insurance it's driving me crazy...Don't know what else to do.I went to my doctor again today and she was stuck on the results of my test and ultrasound and told me I should get a second opinion from someone else.Even said the movement I feel could be my intestine(I don't think so).Please someone help.
|

replied July 8th, 2009
miscarage
can any one help me i have only had tuble done 2 yrs but they cut 4 inch out but im sore that i have just had a miscarage as i have so much pain even im my arms was pain full and the bigest clots ever and blood i carnt even move its that bad its like a tap will call doc tomoz but i have 4 kids i carnt just go to hospital but im in that much pain what should i do i had i feeling that i was pregnant both sids painfull feels like it burning too will tel you know what doc say im so worried people just dont understand do they sorry for spelling
|

replied July 31st, 2009
I'm 34 yes old. Had my tubes cut/ burnt 11 years ago. Had a miscarriage 7 years ago. Lately my breasts are so sore, they scream in pain with the slightest brush against them. Even wearing a bra is bothersome! My last period was early and "off" best way to describe it. I have pain/ discomfort in my pelvis. Dr ran a pregnancy test 2 months ago per my request d/t being tired all the time. I don't really know what's going on, but pregnancy I think, is not the cause. Any ideas? My fiancé would be stoked. He has mo kids of his own, but is a wonderful father to my 3 babes! Teens/ preteens. A very difficult age. I'd be happy if I were pregnant, but the thought of starting over at my age, and my kids' ages, well I really can't entertain it. Advice please?!?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
I am 43 gonna be 44 next Sunday. I had a TL 13 years ago. However I was 2 months pregnant when it was done. Doc didn't do a pregnancy test. I have 2 kids 10 months and 2 days apart. Anyway, I am remarried and want another baby, TR is toooooo expensive so I just gave up. But now I have nausea, bloating, headaches, late period. and I am like clock work. I had an FSH hormone test done 2 months ago and all is still good. I have to wonder if I am Pregnant. I can test but want to wait and see. Last month I had considerable disconfort in my right side at ovulation time. thought maybe a cyst. but no AF so I can only hope.
|

replied September 16th, 2009
I had my tubes tied in 2005, and thank God I still haven't had a pregnancy again....I have 5....But my friend hers done, suffered 2 miscarriages and then a sucessful pregnancy, and then 2 more miscarriages
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
had mine done in 2007....sometimes wishing I hadnt but yet think its to late....untill last week I felt movement inside. When theres movement and you've been there......YOU JUST KNOW!
|

replied February 8th, 2010
BREASTS LEAKING BLOOODY DISCHARGE
Breast Health: Why is Blood Leaking from My Breast?

By:
Kelly Shanahan
Question :

What does leakage of blood from one's breast usually indicate?

Molly
Answer :

Leakage of blood from one's breasts is never normal (with the possible exception of bleeding from cracked nipples as a consequence of nursing) and must be investigated by a doctor. Only 25 percent of the time is a bloody nipple discharge due to cancer, but that possibility must always be excluded by a thorough exam, mammogram and possibly "ductogram" (an X-ray test in which dye is injected into the duct from which blood is coming). A biopsy *must* be done whenever bloody leakage is noted. You should consult either a general surgeon or a breast surgeon. Do not put this off!

One benign condition that may produce a bloody nipple discharge is "intraductal papillomas," in which cells that line the mammary ducts grow in a frond-like manner and may bleed; 20-50 percent of women with this condition have a blood-tinged nipple discharge. Intraductal papillomas are more common in women over age 40. If these papillomas contain atypical (not quite normal-looking) cells, there is an increased potential for developing a true breast cancer.
|

replied April 24th, 2010
Had my tubes banded about 4 years ago in June. Although I wonder how good that form of tubal ligation really is? I am 4 days late from my period (which has never happened since the surgery), a few days ago I leaked a small amount of what looked like milk, and yesteray my nipples were so sore I thought I was going to die. Normally and pretty much every month since TL I have had a five day period, so predictable I got sick of keeping track. Almost didn''t need to when I knew exactly when I was going to get my period. Possible pregnancy? Or wishful thinking? Since I had them tied when I didn''t know what was wrong with me. I''ve had so many diagnoses since the birth of my little angel it would make you sick. Final diagnosis, Bipolar Disorder w/ Severe anxiety. I want to be pregnant, but I don''t want to pass that on. At least my daughter doesn''t show any signs of it and she just turned 4 on April 1st.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
What are the chances of two pregnancys after a tubal ligation
I had my tubes cut, burnt and barried into my abdominal cavity in 2003. I am in the middle of a misscarriage as I type. My pregnancy was a rare etopic pregnancy in my cervix. The dr says this pregnancy was one in a million in chance but my question is, if I got pregnant once isn''t it possible to get pregnant again?
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Ohh...I also wanted to mention that I was 7 weeks pregnant and all home pregnancy tests all said negative. The only way I knew about the cervical pregnancy were my pregnancy symptoms( no pain at all) and my hcg that showed positive at the obgyn so anyone who has had a tubal ligation and suspects you may be pregnant make sure you go for a hcg test at your doctors office just incase it is a etopic.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
I wanted to share some more info that I have found. I ordered a copy of my medical records from my tubal ligation. The dr did indeed cut, burn and bury the cut ends of my tubes into my abdominal wall. This tuesday I am having a laparoscopy with dye to see exactly how my tubal failed and if it grew back somehow of there is a hole. I am sharing this because I have read so so many posts on websites where women want to know but thus far I have never read where anyone has gone this far to find out. Soooo...I will post back tuesday with the results of how exactly my tubal ligation failed.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
how do u go about getting your medical records for stuff like that
|

replied June 11th, 2010
What Culd Be The Problem.....Im Startn To Be Worried!!!!
Hey Ladies....Im Glad that im not the only person going thru sumthing. well im 25 w/ 2 kids a boy and a girl. and after my girl which i had in 2007 i decided to get my tubes tied..which is now cut, clipd, burnt, and whatever else...well everything had been goin good all the way up til like feb or march. i been feel really prego...like morning sickness..not actually thrown up but jus that feelin...emotional, tender breast, im still havn a period but its not normal anymore. i usually start rite on time, but its been cumn sooner and sooner and cramps out of this world and pretty heavy in the beginning. And i have bloody discharge and i been off my period for bout 2wks and i still have slight cramps. i got bumps on my face... the whole nine. But i feel crazy thinkn bout pregnancy but i just cant help it,i havent went to the dr yet.... LADIES WHAT DO U THINK??????
|