Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Can't Get Over Him

I liked this guy and then I had sex with him, and we were having casual sex all summer and then when summer ended we went back to school, and I live 40 minutes away from him, and I got pregnant and I didn't tell him until november which was like a month after I misscarried and I found out that he has a girlfriend, and I can't except that because he was dating her while I was going through hell of being a pregnant teen, and I am madly in love with him, and can't get over him. Any suggestions???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2005
Experienced User
Wow, that was quite some time ago. I'm glad you realize that what you need to do is get over him, and not try to get him back. I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage but i'm sure it was for the better in the long run. However, don't make the mistake of saying you're madly in love with him when this is definately an issue of infatuation.

There are many ways to get over someone, however it seems like what you need to do is find someone else to occupy your attention. You need to move on, there are many other guys out there... Find someone that lives more local to you at least.

Good luck,
justin
|

replied February 10th, 2005
Thanks thats is a good suggestion but I don't like anyone else, I won't even look at another guy, so it makes it hard to move on, and date someone else
|

You have to be strong and do all you can to get over him. You will pass this stage somehow and one day you'll be able to look back and thank yourself for moving on. If you start seeing him again, the pain & your life will be worse.
|

Yes I know, I don't see him but I talk to him on msn sometimes, and yes your right after every time I talk to him I keep remembering all the fun times we had together and then the pain starts all over again, so yes I need to move on, it would be for the best
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Re: Can't Get Over Him
prettygirl wrote:
i liked this guy and then I had sex with him, and we were having casual sex all summer and then when summer ended we went back to school, and I live 40 minutes away from him, and I got pregnant and I didn't tell him until november which was like a month after I misscarried and I found out that he has a girlfriend, and I can't except that because he was dating her while I was going through hell of being a pregnant teen, and I am madly in love with him, and can't get over him. Any suggestions???

as harsh as this is going to sound it must be said...Forget about this guy. If he could be with you while having a girlfriend then he is not willing to commit to any one person. Once you have sex with someone someone is going to catch feelings, and you just happened to be that person. He does not feel the same way and there are plenty of other people out there for you. Miscarriages are not a laughing matter, but think of it as god's way of sparing you from having a child by a man who will not love you and may possibly not have been there for the baby. That would have been at least 18 years of heart ache for you and now you can move on and be smarter and wiser in your decisions to date and have sex. So, hope that helps.
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Experienced User
prettygirl wrote:
yes I know, I don't see him but I talk to him on msn sometimes, and yes your right after every time I talk to him I keep remembering all the fun times we had together and then the pain starts all over again, so yes I need to move on, it would be for the best

you will get over him. I dated a guy for two years..Lost my virgintiy to him and everything and when we broke up I thought I was going to die. I was very depresssed and even had to go to a therapist. You will be fine, it is going to take time...But you will get over him. It took me a year to get over my ex but I did it and I am now married with a baby boy. It doesn't sound like you knew this guy for very long so it shouldn't take very long to get over him. You'll be fine....As long as you don't sit around and think abut him all the time. Oh, and you also gotta cut out the talking to him on msn, it's not going to help.

Go bless and good luck,
teresa

how old are you if you don't mind my asking??
|