Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Stomach Pains On Left Side (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
My 12 yr old has been complaining of stomach pains for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Hes been to Dr. Did xrays and saw nothing. Went to e.R. They did blood work said everything came back fine. Said see a gastorenterology. Which will take a week or 2 to get in office. Anyone ever had pains on left side of stomach that feels like someone twisting stomach. He says pain stays on side but at times it feels like pain is travelin to belly button, need help. Im going nuts tryin to help my son not to be in pain :!: :(
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Anonymous
|

replied March 15th, 2005
Anonymous
Im experiencing the same pain right now for the past little while, and iw as just wondering the same thing!
|

replied March 15th, 2005
Anonymous
Im experiencing the same pain right now for the past little while, and iw as just wondering the same thing!
|

replied March 15th, 2005
Anonymous
|

replied March 28th, 2005
Anonymous
Pain In Side
Hi,
i too have pain in the left side. It does feel like twisting sometimes. I also have sharp pains, like pin-prick pain some of the time. I have intermittent nausea too. I had a colonoscopy today, I did have a small polyp that was removed. My doc told me that it was related to my ibs. I have lots of gas too, still not sure why???
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Anonymous
Pain
I have been experiencing bad pain in my upper right hand side, I have had it for 2 days now. I went to the dr and he said it was a pulled muscle which I dont believe because now I am experiencing sharp pains near my bellybutton can anyone help me? :x :x :x
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Anonymous
Re: Stomach Pains On Left Side
goingcrazy wrote:
my 12 yr old has been complaining of stomach pains for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Hes been to Dr. Did xrays and saw nothing. Went to e.R. They did blood work said everything came back fine. Said see a gastorenterology. Which will take a week or 2 to get in office. Anyone ever had pains on left side of stomach that feels like someone twisting stomach. He says pain stays on side but at times it feels like pain is travelin to belly button, need help. Im going nuts tryin to help my son not to be in pain :!: :(

i am having the same problem, been to the doctor 10 times, pariet, hp pac, zantac, prevacid, gaviscon, rennies, maalox, dicetel, acidophilus, berium meal, blood, urine etc nothing is helping. Waiting to see gastro but in pain, the pain moves from lower to lhs and then upper. I am on painkillers right now. Pain is weird at 2am everyday !!!!!
|

replied April 22nd, 2005
Have u found out wot the problem is yet because I have the same thing and it comes and goes now and then and however many times I go to the docs they cant seem to find wot the problem is
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
Reply to the 12 Yr Old And the Right Side Upper Pain
Post pain
posted: 04-07-05 2:01pm
i have been experiencing bad pain in my upper right hand side, I have had it for 2 days now. I went to the dr and he said it was a pulled muscle which I dont believe because now I am experiencing sharp pains near my bellybutton can anyone help me? :x :x :x

that sounsd like gallbladder to me. That is exaclty how I felt- first it was sharp pains in the upper right side, sometimes bringing me to my knees then it moved to the front like my bellybutton was going to explode, after 3 er visits they found I needed my gallbladder out.

To the lady with her son having left sided pain, has anyone looked in to pancreatitis? It can give a twisting senstion as can kidney stones and even appendicitis. I am sure they checked all of this out but I would request an ultrasound. Appendicitis is not able to be seen from most ultrasounds but pancreatitis can be discovered from a detailed blood exam.
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
I've had the same pain on the rt side, just below the ribs, close to the mid-line. Nausea, vomiting (not all the time) the pain comes and goes, but when it comes, it can last for weeks. It feels like my stomach is being ripped apart.

So far they've found a small hiatial (sp?) hernia (not enough to be causing problems) and nothing else.

I've had this pain off and on since I was 9 years old, but it's become quite bad in the last year. (the nausea and pain just kills my will to live.)

here are the questions: does your son's pain get worse 1/2-2 hours after eating? Does it get better with a light snack? Does he have any pain in his left shoulder blade or shoulder?

Yes, children can have gallbladder problems. We've only recently found out that one entire branch of our family has had their gallbladders out in their teens or twenties. All of them. My mother is getting her's out in two weeks and i'll be following shortly behind. My daughter (13 years old) has had the same problems for ten years (yes, it started when she was three years old.)

there are other problems that can occur in the duodenum branch. Ulcers of the deudeum, latent virus or bacterial infections or pancreatitis can all cause problems.

I'd say that he should see a gastro. Asap.

I've been living with this for years and it's completely taken over my life. I hope your son finds his answer soon.
:?
|

replied April 28th, 2005
Anonymous
Gallbladder
It's probably the gallbladder. I've had nausea along with a ton of other symptoms. It's been 2 and a half months and now after an ultrasound they found and gallbladder polyp. This discovery did come come up in my xrays either. An ultrasound is the only way, demand one for your son.
Good luck
|

replied May 10th, 2005
Anonymous
Left Side Pains
I too have been getting pains in my left side, right at the bottom of my ribs. My mother just had to get her appendix removed, so now i'm scary whethe such problems are genetic. Anyone else have some info about the side aches??? I would appreciate the help. Thanks!
|

replied May 13th, 2005
Anonymous
Lebaiym....i Hav a Question
The shoulder pain u were talkin about? Did u experience that? What did it mean? My stomach has been hurting for more than 2 weeks and recently it has moved more into my side just below my ribs and my shoulder as well....It almost feels like a pinched nerve or something. I get these sharp pains rather often and my stomach hurts on and off......If you can suggest anything please help
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Stomach Pain On the Left Hand Side
I too have pain in my stomach on the left side and it feels as if someone is in my stomach pulling at my bellybutton. I was told I had many gallstones. I believe it's something else also or the stones are big I can feel something when I bend over. Does anyone have this problem? Please let me know. :( :?: :!:
|

replied May 21st, 2005
Anonymous
Re: Reply to the 12 Yr Old And the Right Side Upper Pain
About 2 yrs ago I under went the gastric bypass surgery. Due to this, I suffered, what is known to be very common, gallstones. My bariatric surgeon advised and highly recommended that I have my gallbladder removes. I, just recently getting out of the hospital didnt want to go "under the knife" again so I went online and did a search of what my alternatives could be. The pain I experienced could be described just as all of you have mentioned. Come to find out there is this medication called, "actigall" known to be extremely affective to rid an individual from gallstones if they're not of any substantial size. Forgive me, but my memory is failing me. I don't quite recall what the size of the stone needed to be in order for these pills to be affective.

First, I had to have an ultrasound. The technician said that there were many gallstones, but very very small. I believe the dose of the pill is based upon weight versus age so I am assuming a child of 12 years could receive this prescription.

Another suggestion, obviously you have internet access, go to Google and just type in the word "actigall" and you'll retrieve a great deal of information. Hope this helps. All the best.

Mistee

"]post pain
posted: 04-07-05 2:01pm
i have been experiencing bad pain in my upper right hand side, I have had it for 2 days now. I went to the dr and he said it was a pulled muscle which I dont believe because now I am experiencing sharp pains near my bellybutton can anyone help me? :x :x :x

that sounsd like gallbladder to me. That is exaclty how I felt- first it was sharp pains in the upper right side, sometimes bringing me to my knees then it moved to the front like my bellybutton was going to explode, after 3 er visits they found I needed my gallbladder out.

To the lady with her son having left sided pain, has anyone looked in to pancreatitis? It can give a twisting senstion as can kidney stones and even appendicitis. I am sure they checked all of this out but I would request an ultrasound. Appendicitis is not able to be seen from most ultrasounds but pancreatitis can be discovered from a detailed blood exam.[/quote]
|

replied May 25th, 2005
Your appendix is on the right side not left. The pain begins around the belly button and is accompained by a fever and nausea. Plus if you push down on the right area when you let go is when it will hurt the worst. Not pushing in.
|

replied June 23rd, 2005
I have the same, stomach pains in the left side of my stomach which also feels like its twisting, and all the left side of my body aches, I am also wondering what it could be its really scaring me.
|

replied June 24th, 2005
Anonymous
Pain In Upper Left Side of Stomach Under Rib Cage
I wonder what this pain is. I had my gall bladder out 6 months ago now and suddenly I have started getting that yuk feeling as though my insides are being twisted...In some ways I think it should be a relief to have them twisted, but the relief doesn't come....It might be the food that I am eating or not eating? You are supposed to have a very low fat diet when you have gall bladder problems/removed gall bladder....I think that I should have a look at what I am eating and see if there is anything in my diet - full milk for instance.

I have just decided that I am going to cut everything excited fruit, vege and a little meat for the necessities.

Thanks for the forum....Respond if you would like?!

Cheers.
|

replied June 24th, 2005
Well..I can say for sure that this cannot be appendix. Because appendix pain is always on the lower right side of th abdomen and not on the left.
As you pain is moving its most likely to be gastric in nature.
However proper ultrasound is a must to be very sure.
|

replied July 11th, 2005
The appendix is on the right side.. But the pain is usually on the left. Doctors dont know why but yeah.
|