Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Lump Or Mass On Right Buttocks.

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
My husband has a lump on his right butt cheeck. Its just below the bone on his butt. He says it hurting to sit down. Could this be a hemorrhoid? Something more serious??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2005
It is probably a lipoma. It is nothing more than a benign fatty growth. It can be surgically removed to ease his discomfort.
|

replied June 5th, 2005
I have this same thing. It is very small and only hurts when I use the rest room. The pain usually doesn't persist. Is surgery something I should really consider? I am only 25, could this be anything else? What is this caused from?

Thank you!
|

replied June 10th, 2012
It happened to my friend
It could be an abscess, an area where pus and other fluids have collected. It sounds a lot worse than it really is, its removal only take minor surgery to drain the region and you'll be back on your feet. However, they may refer you to a surgeon to find the root of the problem. Please see a medical professional as soon as possible
|
Tags: lump, hernia, bone
Quick Reply