Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I Need Help!

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I know I have an eating diorder, and I struggle every day to overcome it. I wake up every morning with the idea that today will be the day I stop. But when I get just one chance away from soceity, I binge and then purge, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. After that, I decide tomorrow will be the day I stop for good, but the cycle continues. I want to stop, I can't live like this, it consumes so much of my time, but I can't stop and I don't know what to do. This has been going on for almost two years now, and this fall I entered college. I have always been smart, but I slack off because i'm always thinking about the next binge. Can anyone help me? Crying or Very sad Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2003
Supporter
Please Seek Professional Help!
Hi sweetie, please please please, this has gone on for well over 2 years you said. Its time you had some help, because you can not do this on your own. Been there, done that. This might scare you, it only take one time for that little piece of skin to flip the wrong way, and you will choke on your own yak......Scary huh? There are great drs out there that will help you to relearn to eat nutritious and balanced meals. This is a psychological thing as well. I just 46, but did the same thing you are doing when I was 18 until late 20's. I did not want to be fat.....But I love to eat. Have maintained my size 10 and weight. I eat lots of fruits and veges, drink lots of water and exercise, including weight training. You have to take care of your hon, its the only body you have. You are too young for this pattern. I wish you could see what you are doing to the inside of your young body. I know, I sound like a mom......Cause I am! We are here for you, please keep us posted and please....Start taking care of yourself? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied November 1st, 2003
Fairy Godmother
Your reply to my plea for help was more helpful then you will ever know. Before I read it, and for the last two years I have felt very alone, but your response, a response of a person who knows what i'm going thorugh almost brought tears to my eyes. Someone does care. It is so hard. If it is possible I would like to ask for your email, only if your are willing. It helps to hear from someone that knows. Thank you for posting on my question, I appreciate it, and thanks again.
|

replied November 1st, 2003
Skyriders
Thank you for replying, but your link didn't work. If you could give it to me again, it may help. The page just wouldn't load. I really need all the help I can get, so I would appreciate it if you could send it again.
|

replied August 31st, 2004
Ashy
Hi my name is heather. I was blulemic for 6 years. I loved it but I hated it at the same time. My binging was all the bad going in and when I purged all the bad, evil, whatever came back up with the food and I felt euphoric. I can tell you you can't do it by yourself. Bulemia is a disease and getting outside help was the best thing I ever did. I won't lie and say that rode to recovery was easy. It was hard as hell! It took a couple of years to go from throwing up 7 or 8 times a day to nothing. My body was sick. I could not fight off a simply cold and I ruined my teeth. Your hair will fall out and you can damage your esouphogus. First you have to want to get better for you. Straight up you are killing yourself. You need to get a full physical and make sure no perminent damage has been done to your body. You need to find a therapist that you are very comfortable with (i found a woman easier to talk to) . You absolutely have to be 100% honest with your doctor. If you threw up everyday that week you have to tell them that. They are not there to judge you. They are there to get you well and if you lie or with hold info then you might as well not bother. If you want to get better you can! I can say that my life is great now. I don't have to worry about whether there is a bathroom close by after I eat. My family is no longer as miserable as I was. I am happy. This disease no longer controls my entire life!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD