Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Im Leaking...something

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
This may be gross, and I wasnt going to post, but something I read just struck my attention.

Every morning when I get up, I go pee, and then to the kitchen, for the past 2 weeks, after a little bit of walking around, I feel some wetness, so I go back to the bathroom and wipe it off, and its peachish/pinkish watery something. This week it has gotten worse, now every time I stand up and take off to walk, I feel the wetness. And I thought 'its just pregnant discharge' cause ive never had it before, but I just read thats a sign of pre-term labor? What is pre-term labor?

Do any of you leak like this??
I go to the doctor tomorrow, so im not .S.O worried, but I am still.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Im so sorry, how far are you again? 25, or somewhere around there? Well, I went into premature labor at 31 weeks, and was in the hospital from then until I was 36 weeks but I never had anything like that. If its peachish that makes me wonder because some womans mucus plugs slowly come out, and it could be that? But im not saying it for sure. I'd ask your doctor, whens your next visit? If its far away, call them and see what they say. Good luck hun .

Kourtney
|

Sorry if I gross you out even more, but I forgot to add this:

when this first first started happening (it wasnt as frequent as now) luis was touching me the night I noticed it, he said something weird to me;

luis: it keeps on going
me: what? Lol
luis: before that 'ball' would stop me, but its open
me: what ball?
Luis: theres something up there, its big as my fingertip
i was just like "omg my cervix?" (i didnt know you could feel it)
so I went to the bathroom to see, and I felt it, and my fingers are smaller than his, but it could go in that hole. I thought that when you get pg, it goes up, and closes??

Im freaking out now!!!!!
|

kourtney08 wrote:
im so sorry, how far are you again? 25, or somewhere around there? Well, I went into premature labor at 31 weeks, and was in the hospital from then until I was 36 weeks but I never had anything like that. If its peachish that makes me wonder because some womans mucus plugs slowly come out, and it could be that? But im not saying it for sure. I'd ask your doctor, whens your next visit? If its far away, call them and see what they say. Good luck hun .

Kourtney

im 24w 3d, what made you go into premature labor? Then you had ky when she was 36w? A mucus plug isnt something hard, its liquid?

I have a app tomorrow at 2:15 ...I hope I have the good doctor though, the other 2 never let me ask questions, and they rush off too fast.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
I would def. Say something to your doctor. If I was you I would call the emergency # for them and explain what is going on. It could be 3 things. 1. You are loosing your mucus plug,
2. You are in preterm labor
3. You could have an infection of some sort that is causing it.
They might want you to come in to be checked out. Good luck hun I hope everything is okay with the both of you.
|

Whew, I was praying tazzy d would see my post and come to the rescue!

So, its 'something'? It cant be just ...Discharge?
|

Experienced User
If there is something going on with your pregnancy that you don't know what it is about it and the doctors try to rush off stop them. Say look I have a question and you are going to give me answer. You have a right to know what is going on. And it is the doctor's responible to explain it to you. Hope everything goes good. Let us know how things goes. And good luck.
|

I really dont like my doctors. I wanted only female cause when I was little, the guy doctor tried to pull down my pants lol but I got 2 female, and 1 male, and I only like the guy. The ladys do this to me...

Your _____weeks pregnant, are you taking your vitamins? Everything looks fine, and well see you in 4 weeks.

Then they leave...They like run too.

Only the guy has introduced himself, talked, explained, and asked if we had any question. Hes so much better.
I might take my mom with me tomorrow cause I know shell throw a fit.
|

Experienced User
Moms do know how to throw a fit when it comes to there daughters or their grandchild. I know my mom does. I know what you mean. I hope I can a female doctor when I get pregnant. I just think I would feel more comfortable if I had one. Those two female doctors you have must not have any kids. Or they wouldn't be that way. At least I think they wouldn't be that.
|

Ya, alexis told me that the guys seem to enjoy there jobs, and what they do, more than the women. And I agree with that now. At first I just didnt want some strange guy down around my *yaya* but now I hope hes the one on duty when its time for me to have my baby.
|

Experienced User
I hope he is to for you and good luck.
|

Quote:
im 24w 3d, what made you go into premature labor? Then you had ky when she was 36w? A mucus plug isnt something hard, its liquid?

I have a app tomorrow at 2:15 ...I hope I have the good doctor though, the other 2 never let me ask questions, and they rush off too fast.

im not sure what made me go into premature labor. I went in for an ultrasound at 31 weeks, and they did an internal exam and saw I was dilalated 1 cm and my cervix was thinning out. So they had to fly me out of my town and I stayed in a hospital for 5 weeks. I left at 36 weeks and I was 3cm dialated. I had kylie at exactly 38 weeks, my labor was only 2 hours no drugs or anything, it was an awesome labor, and I can't wait to have another baby...In a couple years though.

I would have the doctor check your cervix when you're there, they didn't do that for me at my appointment or they would have been able to tell that I was going to have her the next day. But I was 38 weeks so it was fine, she wasn't premature anymore. Tell him what luis said, and what you felt and everything. Let us know how it goes :)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, it sounds like you might be leaking amniotic fluid. Call your doc in the morning. They will prob have you come in so they can check.
|

replied February 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Re
I don't know anything about premature labor but I would defantly go have that checked out
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Definetly mention it to your doc... But just know discharge can get reallly bad for some woman in the second half of pregnancy
|

replied February 8th, 2005
Experienced User
Chelle did you find out whats going on hun?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ya~any word from the Dr.???
|