Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Coughing Blood While Pregnant

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hey all am new to the board but I need to ask the mothers out the some thing ?

My girlfriend is 5 months 3 weeks pregnant at the start of last week she started coughing blood not very much but she has stopped coughing blood and say's the baby hasn't kicked since wednesday ??......Is this normal for it not to kick for so long ??
Am really affraid some thing could be wrong but the doctor said everything is ok with her chest
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I wouldn't worry much about the baby moving. About the blood, I was throwing up blood with my last preg. The docs said everything was fine with me too. And I haven't had any problems since I was about 7 mos preg. My daughter's almost 1 now. I don't know why that happened to me, or what it was and I don't think I will ever know. It was sooo scary though. I wasn't worried about the baby b/c coughing/throwing up blood happens in a totally diff system than where the preg is going on. If she feels the need she should push her docs about this or get a new one.
|

Thanks............Am just gonna pray twice as hard
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
She needs atleast 10 kicks in one day if shes at the kicking stage if its early then she doesnt need to worry but if shes gotten to kicks (like for me 26 weeks on I got kicks) then she needs atleast 10 in a day or get her ass into l&d/er
|

replied January 18th, 2012
worried
i know this is not my post but i could really use help my girlfriend is only 3 weeks pregnant and has coughed blood twice im worried could something be wrong...is this normal what should i do and how can i helpp her get through this experience
|