Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Bump/lump Near Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am 25 yrs old and I recently found a lump/bump outside my vagina (not near the lip but about half inch away). It is as big as ones pinky finger nail. The lump is not painfull, has no color to it and does not apear to look like an in-grown hair and it is not from shaving - nor is it std. I have no other problems in the vagina area and no other discomforts or pains. The lump has been there for about a week. Could this be an early sign of cancer?

Note: I am setting up an appointment for next week to have it checked out. I know thats the smart thing to do, however, I am just looking for some cluse as to what it might be. My husband is really worried for me and I am worried to but don't really show it to him.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Miirana
|

replied March 26th, 2008
snap
your message is as if i typed it myself, im also worried and have made an appt 4 next wk, have u any info on what it cld b
|

replied June 25th, 2009
weird bump 1/2 inch outside of my vagina beside my thigh
i also have a weird bump outside my vagina. it has some different skin discolouration, and it is also very sore.. idk if its an std but you would think there would be some other signs... i do smoke. maybe i will get an appointment now.
|

replied March 30th, 2010
I also have a lump, when it first came up there was pain but now there is none and it wont go away, my doctor said it looked like an abscess but I dont think so because there is no pain, redness, or heat. Has anyone found an answer?
|

replied April 2nd, 2010
Lump around Vagina area
This is also the same for me. I have a lump right above my lips of my vagina. Then I have another one more in it. Not far in, closer to the edge. That one is like pea shaped and it is inside my skin. Then the other one is more above my skin. Neither was is painful and doesn''t hurt when I pee. It can not be an STD. Did you guys ever find out what it is? If so, please tell. I''d rather not waste money going to the doctor if it is nothing to be worried about.
Please and thank you.
|

replied May 15th, 2010
Bump in Vagina rea under skin.
Did anyone find out anything?
|

replied June 25th, 2010
Lumps outside labia
Hi,

Just went to see the doctor this morning for the same problem. I've had it for years and the lumps keep coming back every few weeks, outside the labia, near the bikini like, they can be painful,red, sore, with pus or bleeding or totally painless.
the doctor thinks it might have something to do with clogged hair follicle and has prescribed flucloxacillin (antibiotixs)as temporary measure. Wont make it go away but she thinks the lumps are harmless...
Let's keep each othe rposted on this.

Many thanks.

Mira
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, yours sounds like folliculitis which is what the dr saw.
part of the problem is the word vagina is used sparingly,
there is labia majora, labia minor (WHICH have 2 glands in the area called Skenes and Bartholin but this does not sound like the right area for u
HERE IS something else u can do; go to vitamin store and buy probiotics and take about 20 billion cultures daily WHILE u take the antibiotic from dr. CAUTION do not take at same time, separate by 3 hrs since they are opposite. one will kill bad bacteria AND GOOD also so the other will make up for the good bacteria that your antibiotics kill off
good luck
|

replied June 26th, 2010
I have a grey lump the size of a small pea in the lips about half an inch away from the vagina hole on the right side. It does not hurt unless I touch it roughly (squish it) I am a 15 year old virgin what the hell is this thing?
|

replied September 21st, 2013
I am in your exact same position, my friend. What I've gotten from reading these comments is that the women, who are older and far more experienced than us, are just as confused by this situation. But the ones who have gone to the doctor found out is was harmless. I suggest you make an appointment to get it checked, but if it doesn't hurt or it goes away soon it's probably not that serious. Just get checked by a professional before you scare yourself.
|

replied July 22nd, 2010
omg! thank u guys so much!!! its comes and goes every few weeks the one i have now has a hair coming out of it so i figured it could possibly be a ingrown gair but i was worried none the less it doesnt itch or burn or have any fluid coming out of its just there but you guys' post have eased my worried im going to set an appt. with my doctor. thank u all
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
I also have a lump that apears on the right side of vagina lip,it ofte apears around my menstruation.I had to once have it open at hospital to release the fluid build up...I dont know why it apears some month sore and other month nothing...I was told that it was an absess and also a hair ingrowning by the drs,but im not so sure any more
|

replied May 31st, 2011
Hi! I know this is almost a year since the last post, but did you find out any info? I'm a 14 year old virgin who has a reddish pea-sized bump on my left side, it's really sore. Did you find out anything?
|

replied August 4th, 2011
hi guys,
i have the same situation, i have a lump on the left part of my vagina lip.When i was 20 yrs.old i already experience this lumps near my vagina, every month its coming out but gone for a week but now its almost 2 months and i feel itchy and pain. i'm now getting worried, can someone tells me that it's fine and not to go for operation. pls helpppppppppppppp
|

replied August 4th, 2011
Could be herendatitis suppurativa....very common with females in the area. They are enlarged/infected sweat glands that can cause tremendous amounts of pain and may possibly be hard to walk. I've had surgery to get a sweat gland in my left groin area removed. The surgery is called Excision of L or R groin. They subsided for a while but now are back, because there are lots of sweat glands in the area and they obviously cannot remove them all. Surgery is currently the best treatment. Get well.
|

replied August 5th, 2011
aside from surgery, is their a medicine for treatment?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Bec44, u r probably fine, and cancer is very rare
look up skeenes and bartholin glands they r in the area u refer and can get clogged,
folliculitis is another possible
a boil is less likely but possible
a sebaceous cyst is possible
AND WAY WAY WAY WAY down the list is your cancer
try to stop worrying till u see dr
best wishes to u
|
Users who thank ohcalcuta for this post: unknown_20 

replied September 2nd, 2011
hi im 21 and i have a lump near my vagina its been there a while now, i am currently on the pill but im experiencing minor pain like symtoms could these be related and do u think i shoukd be worried
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
hi i have a similar problem to this,i have a marble sized lump near my vagina, right on the crease between my leg and labia. it cant be seen it can only be felt and its rather hard. ive had it for some time now and it seems to go away and then come back, its not painful unless i touch it but im really worried. its not an igrown hair because ive had ingrown hairs before and they are different. I cant seem to find a legitimate answer online. Please help, im 15 and not sexually active and i cant go to a doctor my mother doesnt talk to me and i live with my father so i would be emberrased to tell him.
|

replied November 16th, 2011
jana1234 i have the same exact thing. its marble sized and its hard and has been there for like 1 week and a half. It also cant be seen only felt and isn't painful unless i touch it. Im 17 and i have never had sex, never done anything actually. Im going to the doctor this friday to see what it is. My teacher went to med school and he said it could be either a cyst, a tumor, or a hernia. I have had a hernia already which makes me more susceptible to get them, that might be what you have. My mother died and so it was awkward conversation with my dad, but its worth it in case its something serious. Do you have any close older girl friends that you can ask to take you to the doctor?
|

replied November 16th, 2011
jana1234 i have the same exact thing. its marble sized and its hard and has been there for like 1 week and a half. It also cant be seen only felt and isn't painful unless i touch it. Im 17 and i have never had sex, never done anything actually. Im going to the doctor this friday to see what it is. My teacher went to med school and he said it could be either a cyst, a tumor, or a hernia. I have had a hernia already which makes me more susceptible to get them, that might be what you have. My mother died and so it was awkward conversation with my dad, but its worth it in case its something serious. Do you have any close older girl friends that you can ask to take you to the doctor?
|

replied December 13th, 2011
I have the same problem. It's not visible and it causes me no pain, I also have a smaller lump in my right arm near my elbow. I don't know what it is. Have you gotten an answer?
|

replied December 13th, 2011
I have the same problem. It's not visible and it causes me no pain, I also have a smaller lump in my right arm near my elbow. I don't know what it is. Have you gotten an answer?
|

replied November 26th, 2011
Lump sore and irrititaing
Hey, my names Louie, i have the same problem im 19 and i have a large lump up on the left side, in between my leg and my vagina. Its sore to touch, to walk and it makes me struggle to sleep at night. Also 2 new lump on both side but at the top. They are really irritating and sore. I went to a dr and he thinks it may be a cyst but was worried and told me to come back in a week after subscribing me in antibiotics.
Im reluctant to go back because i have had so much trouble with the drs around this area before and that he couldnt explain anything to me so i couldnt understand. I only started to understand from have reading everyone elses posts.
Im quite worried and in intense pain.
|

replied December 23rd, 2011
lumps on my bikin line millions of them
omg this is so freaky i have loads of lumps and black marks on my bikin line they r now spreading to my thighies iv had them for years now iv tried everything except surgery and laser hair treatment.
am darkskined and so woried i cant even get myself to change my clothes infront of bf and friends its so emberasing itchy and spreading rapid every year please help!!!!!
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
I have a smallish lump on the left side near my vagina, it keeps on letting out pus and blood, it is also quite painful. I'm twelve and I have no idea what it is, can anyone help?
|
Quick Reply