Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Birth Control And Night Sweats

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I was on yasmin for only a month and was sweating like a pig did anybody had these side effects?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
No, but changes in harmones can def make you more sweaty. After I had my babies I was like that. And stinky too (ewww...I didn't stink before I had them). Lol
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Yasmin & Night Sweats, Too!
I too have been on yasmin for 1 1/2 months and have been having consistent night sweats for the entire time! So dissapointed b/c it was working out well where other pills haven't (no break through bleeding). Did you stay on the yasmin? If so, did the sweats end? If not are you taking anything else. I'm 43 and hate the pill but needed it b/c of extremely heavy periods which are so well controlled on yasmin, but I can't tolerate much more of this sweating.
|

replied March 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Actually the opposite happened for me. Before I went on birth contorl, about once a month ( I think it was when I was ovulating ) I would wake up during the night feeling like awful, like sweating a ton, burning up, feeling like I was going to be sick, etc. Eventually i'd fall back asleep, usually after a cool shower, and i'd be fine in the morning. It stopped as soon as I went on yasmin. Just shows how its different for everyone. But good luck for you girls with the problem!!
|

replied February 22nd, 2008
THANK YOU! YASMIN IS THE CULPRIT!
I don't know how I didn't see it before... yes the night sweats are horrible and persistent. I'm so glad I know now it has an anti-estrogen effect. Of course!
|

replied June 12th, 2009
night sweats
I am 44 years old. I know I am in pre menapause. I am waking up any where from 8 to sometimes 15 times a night completely dripping of sweat. I have 2 fans on me at night. I have to get out of bed and stand in front of the fan for anywhere from 30 sec. to 4 min. wiping off the entire time. This has been going on for about a month and a half to 2 months. This can't be good for my body. I go from sweating to freezing cold every time I wake up. My Dr. mentioned Estrophen, it's all
natural. Not helping at all, so they put me on a low dose birth control pill. I didn't really want to use birth control because of the side effects, I am 44!!! Can anyone help with this? What is your input on birth control and night sweats? I also am getting them during the day, maybe not so bad, but it is preventing me from doing certain activities. Who wants to go out somewhere when they sweat like that and your clothes are sweaty, YUK!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS
|

replied November 12th, 2009
I'm 28 years old and have been taking the birth control pill since I was 16. My Doctor switched me to Yasmin just over a year ago to help with my pms syptoms. For about the same amount of time I've been experiencing night sweats. I mean, I wake up soaked from my waste down to the backs of my knees! I have to get up and change my pijamas. A couple nights a week at first, but lately there are only a couple nights a week I DON'T sweat, if any. This is so odd for me because I've never experinced night sweats in my life until this last year. I've also noticed that I've been having very strange and vivid dreams every single night! It wasn't until someone at work mentioned to me that maybe its my bc causing this did I even have a clue what was going on. Now after looking up side effects of Yasmin, I'm pretty much convinced thats what is causing these horrible night sweats. I've also been having horrible headaches, low energy, blurred vision at times, itchyness all over, loss of sex drive and weight gain. Almost 10lbs in a year! After everything I've read tonight about Yasmin I'm thinking I'm most likely going to stop taking it and perhaps just use condoms from now on.
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
Can stopping birth control cause you to have night sweats?
I'm 27 years old and have been taking a birth control since I was 15. I stopped taking birth control approximately 4 months ago. I have had extremely vivid dreams and for the past week and a half I've been having aweful night sweats. I mean when my sheets and mattress is drenched and soaking wet. Does anyone know what that would mean? I never experienced them before but now that I'm OFF birth control its uncontrollable.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
Your body is re-adjusting to your natural hormones. When hormones are out of balance night sweats are common. It may take a while since you started BC pills so young. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can help. Regarding your dreams, you are probably just remembering your dreams more because your waking up. If you have cramps & PMS symptoms try PMS Relief by Pac Herbs it helps balance your hormones naturally with herbs and you only take it during your cycle. Good Luck.
|

replied January 19th, 2011
Stopping birth control pills and night sweats
I am 45 years old and stopped taking birth control pills Dec. b/c getting a hysterectomy and after 2 weeks of no birth control pills and taking them since about age 19, I am having night sweats. I am cold most of the day until I go to bed and all night I'm throwing off cover and pulling it back on; turning on the fan and turning it off. I have never experienced this not even when I have stopped the pills before. I don't know if it is premenopause or the reduced hormones from the pill.
|

replied January 19th, 2011
Night Sweats are commonly treated with Chinese herbs
When your body has been accustomed to having artificial hormones for years, it takes some time for your natural hormone balance to adjust. Acupuncture and herbs can help re-balance the body naturally without artificial hormones. I highly recommend Menopause Relief (Pac Herbs) made with only premium Chinese herbs which have been used for centuries to help women sail through the "change" comfortably. It has a money back guarantee so you really have nothing to lose except your night sweats.
|

replied October 2nd, 2013
I woke up last night drenched in sweat! I'm taking low-ogestrel-28 and I'm 18. At least I know now that its just my hormones adjusting. I just started my 2nd pack of birth control pills too.
|