Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Genital Rash

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
About a month or two ago I started noticing a red rash developing on the side of the testicle where it comes in contact with the side of my leg. I left it for about a week to see if it would leave, but it didn't. The rash is red and leaves my skin really dry if I don't put a cream or vaseline on it.

I've become very concerned with it, because it has spread to various parts of my scrotom and around the head of my penis. I suspected it originated from shaving my scrotom, but once it spread to my penis I thought I could eliminate that possibility.

If you have any idea what this is or how I can treat it please let me know. Thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eklipse
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey eklipse,

it sounds like a case of jock itch. When I was 18, I got a pretty nasty case.

If this is it, wash the area thoroughly twice daily. Then keep the area dry. There are sprays and powder to use over the counter. You can also use corn starch (white powder) which will help dry your skin out also.

You may want to call a doctor to see if he had any other recommendations.

Whatever you do, you want to keep the skin dry. (do not use creams or vaseline which will irrritate the rash further.)

good luck,

tom
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Thanks for you reply. I'm definetly going to get an appointment with a doctor in the near future but I will try that first.
|

replied February 27th, 2013
Good finally you had your answer...
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Yes it sounds like jock itch. Go to your pharmacy there is a cream that you can buy over the counter for like 4 or 5 bucks that can cure it. You apply it to the washed and dried area twice a day for two weeks. Ask the pharmasist he or she can tell you anything or answer any of your questions. Hope I helped
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Hey, I saw the doctor he diagnosed "jock itch". He told to go get a cream, which I did and apply twice a day for two weaks. I've done this and have had no improvement. I'm continueing the application of the cream however i'm scared it might be more than jock itch.

What can I do to help with the treatment? Stay out of the hot tub? What could I be doing to hinder my treatment. Now the skin is red and dries up and cracks without cream, is this a symptom of jock itch?

Thanks for your help, again.
|

replied May 8th, 2005
Get tinactin spray cures athletes foot and jock itck.Use it twice daily or as often as possible spray 2 inches on and around the area.Keep area dry as possible and shower after any activity that makes you sweat.Creams didn't work for me nor did perscription lamisil.Good luck.Things should look much better in a week,continue use 3 more weeks if needed.
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
Scrotum Rash
I've got the same condition. I have a red rash around my scrotum and inner thigh for about (3) weeks now (which has recently moved to my penis). The rash looks like irritated red skin, with tiny bumps (like diaper burn) that open when scratched. It is extremely itchy, particularly when I'm sleeping and also has a strong burning sensation. I went to my doctor and within a 3 second examination he diagnosed me with 'jock itch.' I was given a prescription for anti-fungus medication as well as anti-fungus cream. That was a week ago, and the itching, discomfort and rash remains (if not has gotten worse). What worries me is that I did have a one-night stand; out of state (2) months ago. I pretty good at reading my body and the signs here are not good. I�ve done everything I can to keep the area clean and dry; and I have taken/applied my anti-fungal medication religiously. By this point, I should be showing signs of significant improvement; but like I said, it�s actually getting worse.
|

replied July 31st, 2010
rash
hey ive had these small raised bumps on my penis for over a year now and im afraid they are an std. However, ive never had sex or oral sex before. How do i get rid of these bumps? they dont itch they dont oose or hurt they are just there....im only 16 and embarassed plz help
|

replied February 16th, 2011
hi my boyfriend has a red rash around his testicles its greasy, red, very flaky and itches, it hasnt spread to his legs or his penis (yet) so im unsure if it is jock itch, ive seen some photos on the internet but i still have doubts and he doesnt particularly want to go to the doctors.
Can anyone tell me if its jock itch or something else and if there is anything he can do to help?
please help
|

replied February 19th, 2011
I have jock itch which seems to be very dry what is there I can do at home to help cure this please I need help!
|

replied July 15th, 2011
Hello friends,

If you think you have a microbial or fungal infection, I recommend "tea tree oil" which is a natural product you can buy online or health food store. You need to dilute it 1 part in about 20 or 30 and apply two to three times a day. Research more on this product and I hope it helps, if it doesn't you may have an allergic response, or some other type of infection.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
itchyness of the genital area
pls help me, i have that same itching, but i think it spreads, first time i saw it, its in the side of my scrotum, then after a few months, it spread, now its covers have of my butt and a big part of the side of my scrotum. it even got to my genital area (tha hairy area), its sooooo pianful when the hair sticks to my finger, then it beacame soooo much itchy until im forced to scratch it, it now has many pus and wounds. OUCH! i cant get out of bed. so please help me, maybe you guys have a solution, then PLEASE, im BEGGING YOU, please tell me. thank you
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
oh and another thing, the pus excretes so much oil, my underware is colored yellow every hour i look at it so i chang my underware about 3 time a day. and because of the so much oil it excretes, it REALLY STINKS! Eeeww...!!! so please help me, PLEASE!!! Sad
|

replied November 9th, 2011
Rash Thoughts
montee you sound like a real charmer! Actually, I had a red itchy rash between the right side of my scrotum and my inner thigh and the bumps looked just like Newt Gingrich! Ha ha ha ha ha.... Good luck fellas, maybe you should go to the doctor, duh.
|

replied December 10th, 2011
Jock Itch
Hey guys, guys, guys. I had this fugal infection before, and it took me a VERY long time before I figured out what needed to be done. The doctor is right about Jock itch and the anti-fungal medication. He only went wrong when he told you to apply a cream (which moistens the area). Take anti-fungal pills/tablets, but DO NOT APPLY ANY THING MOIST TO THE AREA (this may sound a little extreme but even sweating in that area is a problem... really, you have to keep the area dry as much as possible). And use the anti-fungal medication until it cures (not just until it clears up). BUT KEEP THE AREA DRY AT ALL COST!!! AND DO NOT SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
I have a rash on both sidea on the inner thigh but it hasn't spread yet. .. it itchs. Everynow an ..then. its red and it kinda bothers me that I can't get rid of it. .. I've tried the Jock itch spray but that crap makes it burn like hell..... and suggestions
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
I have a rash on both sidea on the inner thigh but it hasn't spread yet. .. it itchs. Everynow an ..then. its red and it kinda bothers me that I can't get rid of it. .. I've tried the Jock itch spray but that crap makes it burn like hell..... and suggestions
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied September 6th, 2012
rash
there is nothing on my genitals, but the inner side of my thigh where it touches my testicles there develops a rash due to wearing of jeans & sweat...it burns a lot ..i cannot even walk ...wat to do ??
|

replied January 31st, 2013
I have a red rash on my balls and where it comes in contact with my legs on both sides I noticed it about a week ago and it has gotten worse. Any ideas on what it is and what can I do to help it?
Thank you
|

replied August 30th, 2013
I am a pro baseball player, we deal with this all the time. First when it is flared up use Zeasorb athletes foot powder, that's the best, second best is Gold Bond powder. Use as long as it takes to clear up, usually 4 days. Then when it's not flared up use Johnson and Johnson baby powder every time you get out of the shower, this will help prevent the rash from returning. Hope this helps
|
Tags: rash, penis, cream, skin, head
Quick Reply