Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Bad Smells

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Where can I find info on smelling a bad smell ..Cant find the source but its a bad, rotten smell.. I can smell it about every 15-30 minutes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi carol, could you be a little more specific ? Where are you when this normally occurs ? At home, supermarket, out for a walk, certain room of the house ? If it is happening all the time no matter where you are then you must see your doctor. People with tumours often complain of smelling a bad smell. If it is happening only in a certain place it may be just a matter of tracking down the source of the smell.

Regards,

suzy
|

replied October 27th, 2012
bad smells
What type of tumors are usually associated with constant bad smells?
|

replied January 7th, 2004
Bad Smell
Did you find the cause of the bad smell? My husband has been experiencing something similar. He has been smelling a smell for several weeks. At work, at home, in the car etc. None of us smell it. I know it must be a symptom for something but I can't find any information on it and of course he doesn't want to go to the doctor.
|

replied January 13th, 2004
Bad Urine Smell
This smell seems to be inside my sinuses. I can smell it every so often. It is not my smell. It is around me. Sometimes it is when I am at home and other times it is when I am at work. I seem to remember hearing on tv or reading that it may be a deficiency of some sort in women. Please respond if anyone knows the answer.
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Bad Smell From Sinuses
Well, I have the same experience, and it took years to find out what was the source. After a CAT scan, my doctor discovered cysts inside my sinuses, and these were the source of the bad smell. I highly recommend that you get with your doctor and discuss the possibility that cysts inside your sinuses is the source of the bad smell...
|

replied May 31st, 2009
i have had rotten smell for about a month and yes when i lay down especially it seems to drain and smell and sometimes taste bad , my doctor looked up my nose and ears and teeth but didn't find anything...give a weeks worth of antibiotics and it worked for a few day but is back every hour or so that smell comes back, i will go back and maybe ask for a cat scan
|

replied December 17th, 2009
dave51

id you ever get rid of your smell

jessie
|

replied December 20th, 2009
Jessie the smell still comes and goes . especially sometime laying down i can feel it discharge so my best guess it the nasal polyps but still need a doc to confirm

Dave
|

replied June 11th, 2010
nose smell.
I have this same symptom. Very annoying,and am getting worried. Noone else can smell it.I tryed a new hairspray One time only,,and that smell was simalar! it went in garbage..but this smell reminds me oif it! It is with me all the time. I bath and wash my hair Often..so cannot be that! i washed all my clothes that i have worn in past week,,,Nothing helps. What is it???? I need to see a doctor soon. Linda.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov